How is the corona virus affecting you?

Last week, the government were banging on about tackling obesity. This week sees an "initiative" whereby people are being offered 50% off burgers, pizzas and other fast food as part of the "restart" of the economy.

Lucky we've got a government that sends out clear messages, isn't it?

Last night we went out for the 1st time in months, our local pub hosted a ticket only, comedy show in the pub garden,it was a tryout to make sure everything was ok and safe for everyone involved. However for us, that is it for now but today a couple if my colleagues were going crazy booking/trying to book tables at various restaurants because 'this is a once in a lifetime event so make the most of it' one of them complained because he couldn't get into an Italian restaurant despite only giving them 24 hours notice! It is ridiculous.

I'm getting irritable and little things annoy me, things that I normally overlook. I need to take a step back.

Went to the dentist, all went pretty well. My appointment was first thing in the morning so I was actually the first patient to arrive, which was nice. When I left, there were several patients in the lobby, all wearing masks, all social distancing. It is a law in my state now, but thank goodness people are paying attention. I double masked with a N-95 mask underneath and a double-layer cotton mask on top. Yeah so they replaced the old fillings on my 2 right-rear lower molars. My jaw is a little sore but I feel okay considering. The test will be in a few days when I am able to bite down on something on that side. If it doesn't hurt, I am in the clear. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
I'm getting irritable and little things annoy me, things that I normally overlook. I need to take a step back.

Went to the dentist, all went pretty well. My appointment was first thing in the morning so I was actually the first patient to arrive, which was nice. When I left, there were several patients in the lobby, all wearing masks, all social distancing. It is a law in my state now, but thank goodness people are paying attention. I double masked with a N-95 mask underneath and a double-layer cotton mask on top. Yeah so they replaced the old fillings on my 2 right-rear lower molars. My jaw is a little sore but I feel okay considering. The test will be in a few days when I am able to bite down on something on that side. If it doesn't hurt, I am in the clear. Fingers crossed.

I went to my Drs yesterday to pay a bill, everything back to normal. No masks and no distancing. Waiting room pretty full. Went to the pub after that , everything as it was 6 months ago.
Melbourne back in level 4. But people still having parties.

Russ

Okay, this is a political ad, but it also has a message for all Americans. So, you can ignore the last few seconds -- the real message is most of the ad.

I appreciate that I am old and deaf but I couldn't determine what was said in the last few seconds.

When was that advert made?

I appreciate that I am old and deaf but I couldn't determine what was said in the last few seconds.

I think you're referring to the rapid, "Paid for by the Lincoln Project, which is responsible for the content of this ad," portion, and since this is a 2020 election political ad, I'd assume this was made just in the last month or so.

That comment is required in political ads, to show who did (and who did not) pay for the ad. Any ad that a candidate specifically pays for making will have some variation of, "I'm Candidate Schmuck, and I approve this message," tacked on at the end.

The Lincoln Project is a group of Republicans working to oust President Trump (also Republican), so there's a bit of an "Et tu, Brute," feel to it.

If Shakespeare were alive today, he'd sure have a lot of material to draw from.

Not sure about when it was made, but it was uploaded to YouTube in April of 2020.

The Lincoln Project is actually a group of conservative Republicans trying to get rid of President Trump. They have raised a lot of money, and are running ads in important States for President Trump.

I like the ad because it calls out the people who refuse to wear masks, and protest orders mandating them.

CD

Our local post office has a rule of only four people at one time, which seems perfectly reasonable. What isn't reasonable is people like the Family Bonehead, who trooped in (all four of them) at the same time. There was no reason for all of them to be in there. It only needed one, but no, they had to take up the whole allocation by themselves.

One of these days, I'm going to buy a flamethrower.

We've been told to get face masks ready.........just in case. No cases, just scaremongering because we have an election in 5 weeks. The coalition of clowns will do anything to keep power. When covid struck they spent 18 million on spin doctors to use terms like , team of 5 million, be good to each other, hug someone. Be kind. Smacks of Ellen de generes .

Russ

We've been told to get face masks ready.........just in case. No cases, just scaremongering because we have an election in 5 weeks. The coalition of clowns will do anything to keep power. When covid struck they spent 18 million on spin doctors to use terms like , team of 5 million, be good to each other, hug someone. Be kind. Smacks of Ellen de generes .

Russ

18 million spent, 1,500 cases, 22 dead. Your clowns are doing better than ours. 4.8 million cases, 157,000 deaths.

CD

Back
Top Bottom