How is the corona virus affecting you?

Looks like your Governor got him a little taste of Covid.

CD
Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Most likely, one of those tests was wrong. He tested positive one day and negative the next, so who knows?

The funny thing is, he tested positive the day before he was supposed to make an appearance with Trump, and tested negative the day after that was over, so the conspiracists are saying he faked all that to get out of meeting with Trump. Don't know, don't care, but one thing about DeWine is, he can be excruciatingly honest, so I'm not buying that. Even when I don't agree with him, which is frequently, I've never doubted his honesty.

Maybe he did, maybe he didn't. Most likely, one of those tests was wrong. He tested positive one day and negative the next, so who knows?

The funny thing is, he tested positive the day before he was supposed to make an appearance with Trump, and tested negative the day after that was over, so the conspiracists are saying he faked all that to get out of meeting with Trump. Don't know, don't care, but one thing about DeWine is, he can be excruciatingly honest, so I'm not buying that. Even when I don't agree with him, which is frequently, I've never doubted his honesty.

It was probably a deep-state plot, supported by the liberal media to make Trump look bad. :whistling:

CD

It was probably a deep-state plot, supported by the liberal media to make Trump look bad. :whistling:

CD
The funny is, if you go and read any of the far-right articles about his testing positive-then-negative, that's exactly what you read, and that's laughable.

The guy's held about every office in state politics you can hold, and like I said earlier, I don't agree with a lot of his politics, but he's a pretty transparent person. He's not vindictive, he's not a braggart, he's not an in-your-face blowhard. He's like a grandfatherly old man. He's boring (which I've come to love and miss in an elected official) and studious. He's likable.

If Mr. Rogers and Orville Redenbacher had a baby, it'd be Mike DeWine, and the idea that he'd ever be in some kind of "deep-state" plot is so far off the mark, it's hilarious. Even his political opponents in the state, people who know him, know how ridiculous that is. All these nutty commenters are just imagining things about someone they know nothing about, just to fit their narrative.

A High School student in Georgia, a big time Trump state, posted a cell phone picture of a hallway at her school, showing a packed hallway, with many students not wearing masks. The school says they can't make students wear masks. WTF? Oh, the student who took the picture and posted it online has been suspended. What BS!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P42Xg3-iLNo

CD

I like DeWine a lot...nearly as much as I like John Kasich. These are two top quality, old school conservatives who actually want to reach across the aisle to cooperate with the Democrats. The last 20 years, we’ve lost sight of the fact that there has to be give and take to get things done, and they know that. I’ve almost always voted Blue, but I’d happily vote for either of them.

I like DeWine a lot...nearly as much as I like John Kasich. These are two top quality, old school conservatives who actually want to reach across the aisle to cooperate with the Democrats. The last 20 years, we’ve lost sight of the fact that there has to be give and take to get things done, and they know that. I’ve almost always voted Blue, but I’d happily vote for either of them.

I thought our Governor Greg Abbott was going to be a total suck-up to Trump, but in regards to Covid, he's only been willing to go so far in support of Trump's priorities. He's shown some spine I didn't expect to see from him, and I have to give him his props for that. He made masks mandatory in public places in Texas while other Governors were afraid to upset the President.

The biggest reason I like Joe Biden in November is because his years in the Senate taught him how to work with the opposition party to get things done.

CD

My test result is negative, which means my chronic recurring cough is to be attributed to damage from my lung embolisms. My hematologist is going to check that out further.

My husbands results are not in yet.

I was going to 'like' your post because its negative for the virus - but obviously its not exactly good that you have the ongoing cough. I hope you feel better soon.

I was going to 'like' your post because its negative for the virus - but obviously its not exactly good that you have the ongoing cough. I hope you feel better soon.

Well the good news is this can likely be treated, if it was Corona that would still be unsure. So I count my blessings 🙏

Work this out.

My friend, who lives near the cricket ground in Chester-le-Street in County Durham, had planned to go and watch a game when the sport resumed. Small numbers of spectators were to be allowed and she was looking forward to a day's cricket and a chat with friends over a pint or two of Durham Brewery ale.

Then the government said no, we've changed our minds, you can't do this now.

Absurdly, what she could have done - but had no intention of doing - was cramming into a pub with the same people.

So it's fine to crowd into a small pub, but not to sit in a large cricket ground with a few people all spread out.

Genius.

Back
Top Bottom