How is the corona virus affecting you?

Funny video. Woman gets thrown off plane for refusing to wear a mask. The other passengers react...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYOBJmJngvI

Sorry Karen, I didn't invent the MEME. I don't know who chose that name... or why.

CD
Have you seen the video about wearing a mask ?
It's by Jonathan pie its called put a f**king mask on. I'm not sure how to upload vids.

I'm not sure how to upload vids.

Go to the video - assuming its YouTube most videos have a share button underneath which indicates its fine to post it elsewhere:

Click on it and you will see this:

Click on copy. You can then paste the URL you have copied into a post here. It should then display as a video once you post (it displays as a URL until you click Post Reply).

There is something puzzling about this. From what you have said the measures in place in Thailand are not much different from elsewhere and Thai culture must make it very difficult for folk to stay apart.

The measures in place are very similar to elsewhere; however, they were put in place in March 2020 and within weeks non-compliance with the measures became subject to large fines and even jail terms.

The measures in place are very similar to elsewhere; however, they were put in place in March 2020 and within weeks non-compliance with the measures became subject to large fines and even jail terms.

I don't know how many countries had curfews? Ours was 22:00 - 04:00 and you needed to have a serious written reason to be out during those times. As you know, alcohol sales were banned for a period of between 20 and 60 days (depending upon the province) and the fines for disobeying the prohibition were substantial.

Sometimes living in a police state has it's benefits?

Last edited:
Oh dear. We are in for a weekend of warm weather, which means that we'll be seeing thousands of people crammed onto beaches, etc. Just about everywhere is seeing increases in infection rates, some of which are alarmingly high.

I have, before now, been dismissed as a Cassandra. What people forget is that Cassandra's prophecies were true - her problem was that she was fated to have nobody believe them.

Last week, the government were banging on about tackling obesity. This week sees an "initiative" whereby people are being offered 50% off burgers, pizzas and other fast food as part of the "restart" of the economy.

Lucky we've got a government that sends out clear messages, isn't it?
I have heard that instead of taking the 50% discount, some people are just doubling up on the quantities!

Back
Top Bottom