How is the corona virus affecting you?

I think that if you don't wear a mask you are inviting trouble. You and others can keep it from becoming an issue if you wear the damn masks! I think you could buy them online easily enough. I bet someone in NZ makes them in their sewing room, you could be supporting your local economy and be a trendsetter at the same time!

My sister-in-law (youngest brother's wife) who lives in Houston makes masks. I sent her a bunch of large Crown Royal bags and she recycled the materials into masks with built in filter. They are great, so very well made. She sells them and donates to charity so no worry about trademark infringement, since she used the logo on hubby's. He really likes them.

The thing is I don't believe we will get it bad, distance thing?? I dunno. I'll take my chances.

Russ

There are a lot of different companies who think they might have a successful vacccine: Moderna, Novovax, Sorrento Therapeutics, Corvus Therapeutics, Pfizer, and others. I own some stock in each of those companies I mentioned. It's a race to see who can get to clinical trials first. Hey, there might be more than one effective vaccine. Fingers crossed.

My sister tells me that there probably will be more than one effective vaccine finally approved, which should increase production capacity, and speed availability. That is the hope, at least.

CD

I thought I would post this, make of it what you will.

My niece in the UK is in charge medically of a 130 resident care home. 30 residents have died of Covid, each one she was involved in close quarter nursing.Some of her patient suffer from forms of Dementia, so wearing anything over her face more than a "pretty" mask frightens them. She is regularly tested.

Because of staff shortages she has been working 60/80 hrs a week. This last weekend was the first in three months she has spent with her husband and two children.

She is one of many who are devoted to their calling.

My niece in the UK is in charge medically of a 130 resident care home. 30 residents have died of Covid, each one she was involved in close quarter nursing.Some of her patient suffer from forms of Dementia, so wearing anything over her face more than a "pretty" mask frightens them. She is regularly tested.

Because of staff shortages she has been working 60/80 hrs a week. This last weekend was the first in three months she has spent with her husband and two children.

One of our biggest cluster was a nursing home.

Russ

We have two close friends from Norway who have a holiday apartment below us on Znjan. He is a very tough and proud Kurd. He caught it when he returned to Norway. He has survived but if you notice his haunted look on the pic and compare it with him, above he went through hell.He is a brilliant cook we used to love spending an afternoon watching the girls on the beach and discussing recipes. His taste bud have still not fully recovered. At the time of the photo pic he could not speak so he would post his pics on a daily basis.
91429689_4278490368835149_3061474704591159296_o.jpg

I don't care if idiots don't wear masks or keep to the social distance rule. Just do it with your idiot friends, not near me as I still have a very short fuse.

I think its amazing, the work that is being done by care workers here. I would be far too terrified to do what she does.

BANGKOK (Reuters) - Thailand's government tightened regulations for the entry of foreigners on Tuesday, after two new imported coronavirus cases with possible exposure to the public raised concern about a second wave of infections.

Thailand has been 50 days without confirmed local transmission of the coronavirus, but two cases among foreigners this week has led to the self-isolation of more than 400 people and fears on social media of a new contagion.

Those isolated may have been exposed to a 43-year-old crewman of an Egyptian military plane in eastern Rayong province and a 9-year-old girl and family member of a Sudanese diplomat in Bangkok.

Both were exempt from the mandatory 14-day state-supervised quarantine required for returnees.

The government acknowledged that regulations for diplomats and air crewmen, who were among a few categories of foreigners allowed to enter since March with self-isolation requirements, have been too lax.

"This should not happened, I am really sorry that it did and I want to apologise to the public," said Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha.

Concern spread among Thais online that a second wave of infections and a new lockdown could follow in a country fast returning to normalcy after restrictions were eased.

Two schools were closed in Bangkok on Tuesday and at least 10 shut in Rayong province, where the Egyptian had arrived last Wednesday and spent time at a mall before leaving on Saturday.

Shopping areas and streets were quiet in Rayong and according to media, about 90% of hotel bookings canceled.

All diplomats and family members, who were previously allowed to self-isolate in their residences, must now be quarantined under government supervision.

Short-term visit by businessmen and state guests who were allowed to enter as of July 1 have been suspended. Coronavirus tests given to those who may have been exposed to the two cases.

Thailand's coronavirus tally since January is 3,227 infections and 58 deaths.

A first shopping trip since face coverings were made mandatory in Scotland. Happily, the vast majority of people we saw were following the rules, but of course, there were a few. There's always a few. Special mention to the two young men who waltzed into the bakery with nothing over their faces and to the woman we saw coming out of the post office with no face covering and who then proceeded to march straight back in again.

A first shopping trip since face coverings were made mandatory in Scotland. Happily, the vast majority of people we saw were following the rules, but of course, there were a few. There's always a few. Special mention to the two young men who waltzed into the bakery with nothing over their faces and to the woman we saw coming out of the post office with no face covering and who then proceeded to march straight back in again.

The rules are strict here and generally the vast majority comply. Even though many of the restrictions have been relaxed this last month folks are still adhering to the "wear a mask rule".

However, in May I was required to visit the local Immigration office to extend my stay and I consider 30% of the employees were not wearing masks. Immigration officers here are a branch of the Royal Thai Police who are responsible for enforcing the "wear a mask rule".

We boast "no new domestic cases for 50 days" and still a total of only 58 deaths (recorded).

60,971 new cases of Covid-19 in one day. So, what is our President doing? Well, he's posing for pictures promoting products made by Goya, who's CEO praised him earlier this week. Not to be left out, Ivanka joined in, after telling unemployed Americans to look for different jobs. Yes, this is a political post, but it is also on topic -- How the Corona Virus is effecting me.

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.37.48 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-07-15 at 9.36.49 PM.png

CD

Back
Top Bottom