How is the corona virus affecting you?

Yet, millions of pretty girls have dreamed of one day marrying a doctor -- who wears a mask most of the day.

CD
I wasn't one of them. But I think my hubby looks sexy in his mask (not in a bandito kinda way, hahaha). He has good sense which makes him even more attractive to me.

I heard this morning, on the radio, about some folks reporting to a gov agency that they had been in a car, inline to get tested (4 people) and after 4 hours they decided to leave without being tested. Three days later, they were informed that they all tested positive. If true, the lack of attention to detail from the test site, makes me wonder how many other reported positive test are BS.
Yeah, no doubt. What station was it? What state were they in? I was looking for information online about it and nothing popped up.

Yeah, no doubt. What station was it? What state were they in? I was looking for information online about it and nothing popped up.

Probably conservative talk radio. However, I had a discussion with my sister, a hospital RN of 30-plus years. She said they are getting false positives, but also false negatives. Her other comment was that there are no perfect tests. Even basic flu tests are wrong sometimes. But, these tests are the best tool they have, at the time.

CD

Probably conservative talk radio. However, I had a discussion with my sister, a hospital RN of 30-plus years. She said they are getting false positives, but also false negatives. Her other comment was that there are no perfect tests. Even basic flu tests are wrong sometimes. But, these tests are the best tool they have, at the time.

CD
I believe that to be true, but what about four people testing positive when they never even were tested? That one stumped me.

I believe that to be true, but what about four people testing positive when they never even were tested? That one stumped me.

I told Craig it was probably poor record keeping or outright fraud on the lab's part if true. I also have to wonder about the 4 hour wait, as everything I've heard tells you to call before you go for testing as they ask screening questions before you go.

Yes they are also getting conflicting results at the hospital I do work for.

Yeah, blowing a bunch of aeresol droplets that could contain virus particles all around the room...uh...

I told Craig it was probably poor record keeping or outright fraud on the lab's part if true. I also have to wonder about the 4 hour wait, as everything I've heard tells you to call before you go for testing as they ask screening questions before you go.

Yes they are also getting conflicting results at the hospital I do work for.
Are you a medical transcriptionist? It just dawned on me that might be what medtran is for...I went to school for that, but I ended up getting a different job instead.

Are you a medical transcriptionist? It just dawned on me that might be what medtran is for...I went to school for that, but I ended up getting a different job instead.

Yep. I did it part time for a long time, but then i got transferred/promoted to a new job with a 1 hour commute each way, plus i was making more than half my real job wage transcribing 12-15 hours a week, and DD was hitting prime teen problem years, so we decided I'd start working from home

Last edited:

CD

Watching Sky news yesterday, Aus and nz , Queensland scientists were saying they were due to start trials as they thought they were close to a vaccine??? With in days.

Russ

There are a lot of different companies who think they might have a successful vacccine: Moderna, Novovax, Sorrento Therapeutics, Corvus Therapeutics, Pfizer, and others. I own some stock in each of those companies I mentioned. It's a race to see who can get to clinical trials first. Hey, there might be more than one effective vaccine. Fingers crossed.

Back to masks, I still havnt worn one or even seen any to buy. Lockdown I never needed, then when we were allowed to shop, wife went in. She hasn't worn one either. No one wears them here now, well not around here. Numbers have been very low so I'm not bothered. No doubt if things flare up we may wear masks. I believe it's air borne. I wouldn't want to be in the states ATM. If I lived there, I'd wear a mask.

Russ

I think that if you don't wear a mask you are inviting trouble. You and others can keep it from becoming an issue if you wear the damn masks! I think you could buy them online easily enough. I bet someone in NZ makes them in their sewing room, you could be supporting your local economy and be a trendsetter at the same time!

My sister-in-law (youngest brother's wife) who lives in Houston makes masks. I sent her a bunch of large Crown Royal bags and she recycled the materials into masks with built in filter. They are great, so very well made. She sells them and donates to charity so no worry about trademark infringement, since she used the logo on hubby's. He really likes them.

Back
Top Bottom