How is the corona virus affecting you?

I don't even get the big deal over wearing a mask. I have glasses, and they're progressives, so they've got to sit on my nose a certain way, and I've found if I get my cloth mask adjusted on my face right, I get zero fogging issues.

Breathing isn't an issue, either, because I just wear it when I go out, and it's not like I'm felling trees or wrassling bears or anything strenuous. Yes, that's just me, but I can't help but think, all these people griping about wearing masks aren't doing so because they have breathing problems or need to exert themselves immensely. They're just griping to gripe.

As you can see from the graph Croatia strictly enforced measures worked. As soon as they removed a number of the rules we did not return to square one, it is worse. Today the rule on face masks for anyone working with the public were reinstated. As was the rule that the public must wear masks in shops etc. Because of age etc, I am vulnerable. I want to live so I take great care.
download (3).png

If I had a "hundy," known as a Benjamin in the US, in my wallet, I'd spend it, and have no idea what I spent it on.

BTW, we call a $100 bill a Benjamin, because the face of Ben Franklin is on it. Paper money is also sometimes referred to as "Dead Presidents," because that is who are on our money. Example: "Enough talk, show me some dead presidents or I walk." (Imagine Joe Pesci saying that)

CD
I have a couple of hundred dollars in my wallet that have been there since November 2019.

Wow, here in Dallas, and most places I've been to in Texas, everybody takes cards. Most have a PIN pad on the counter, and you do it all yourself.

I rarely carry cash. I love using my debit card for most things, because I have a complete record of everything I spend.

CD
I use credit cards that have miles or points instead of my debit card, but same reason. Love having a complete record of everything, and though I always have a little cash on hand, I too rarely use it. But of course everything I have purchased since March has been all online payment. I really like that contactless method the best.

I use credit cards that have miles or points instead of my debit card, but same reason. Love having a complete record of everything, and though I always have a little cash on hand, I too rarely use it. But of course everything I have purchased since March has been all online payment. I really like that contactless method the best.

As a foreigner, the only way I can obtain a credit card here is to deposit a certain amount into a separate bank account (say ฿100,000.00) which does not attract interest and then my credit card would be limited to that amount. I use a debit card (when necessary) which is aligned to an account which does pay interest (albeit very little).

As a foreigner, the only way I can obtain a credit card here is to deposit a certain amount into a separate bank account (say ฿100,000.00) which does not attract interest and then my credit card would be limited to that amount. I use a debit card (when necessary) which is aligned to an account which does pay interest (albeit very little).
Makes perfect sense.

I have a couple of hundred dollars in my wallet that have been there since November 2019.
If I had a couple of hundred dollars in my wallet, some local merchants would have portions of that couple hundred dollars by the end of the day.

Cash in my pocket is as good as spent.

I use credit cards that have miles or points instead of my debit card, but same reason.
We do the same, some hotel points, some air miles. I don't know when the last time was we paid for a hotel room.

My hair is almost to my waist, but I haven't had it shoulder length in about a decade or more. I do need a trim but hubby likes it. I am not ready to go to a hair salon just yet.
This isn't the longest my hair ever got, but it's the longest I could find a picture of:

That's in London, 2017, and I'm fairly certain I'm saying, "If you wanted chips, you should have ordered chips!"

Looks good! I just trimmed mine down, but my hair is getting back to Rapunzel length.
I am also beginning to look like an ageing rock star. So much so that when we had a little music session at the weekend, it proved impossible not to veer into George Thorogood's Get Your Hair Cut and Get a Real Job.

I heard this morning, on the radio, about some folks reporting to a gov agency that they had been in a car, inline to get tested (4 people) and after 4 hours they decided to leave without being tested. Three days later, they were informed that they all tested positive. If true, the lack of attention to detail from the test site, makes me wonder how many other reported positive test are BS.

What is it about these self-styled macho men who somehow think that wearing a mask or other covering is beneath them? Are they scared that it will undermine their masculinity? Or are they simply just utter prats?

Yet, millions of pretty girls have dreamed of one day marrying a doctor -- who wears a mask most of the day.

CD

I heard this morning, on the radio, about some folks reporting to a gov agency that they had been in a car, inline to get tested (4 people) and after 4 hours they decided to leave without being tested. Three days later, they were informed that they all tested positive. If true, the lack of attention to detail from the test site, makes me wonder how many other reported positive test are BS.

There have been false negatives, too. The really fast tests sometimes come up negative, while a slower test comes up positive. So, while you wonder how many positive tests are BS, ponder how many negative tests are wrong, too.

Look beyond the number of positive tests, to the number of hospitalizations. Those are going up rapidly, too. Hospitals are running out of ICU beds.

CD

Back
Top Bottom