How is the corona virus affecting you?

Last Friday a friend and I met up and we went shopping at an Asian market and then at a Persian one. She told me she was making lunch and I shouldn't bring anything - we ate that lunch together on a picnic table outside a winery where we tasted samples. (I had brought her home grown potatoes and quail eggs.) We then went to a dedicated sausage making facility and then - we parted and I drove home.

Of course, we didn't wear masks while eating, and we were probably 3 feet across from each other. She mentioned she felt achy from heavy duty gardening that Thursday. Makes sense, I thought.

She's come down with everything that sounds like full-blown COVID since then. She was tested, and the test turned up negative, but the testing turns up loads of false positives and false negatives. She's had lung x-rays and further testings. The doctors are considering it "putative/potential" Covid-19 but not a firm diagnosis.

I am in my own self-made self-quarantine. I'm not getting tested until I show symptoms - it is Day 6 of the quarantine for me. I was able to buy chicken feed on Day 2 by going to the website and ordering/paying for it - and the staff delivered to the trunk of my car. I AM worried and concerned - and I am not going to take a chance of inflicting this on others at this point. (Or, frankly. any.)

She's severely worried about her possibly having passed this on to me - I told her don't worry, I'm not. (Actually I am, but it's not her fault and she doesn't need to know this at this point for her. We cannot change the past.)

PS: today I am feeling fine, day 6.

Last Friday a friend and I met up and we went shopping at an Asian market and then at a Persian one. She told me she was making lunch and I shouldn't bring anything - we ate that lunch together on a picnic table outside a winery where we tasted samples. (I had brought her home grown potatoes and quail eggs.) We then went to a dedicated sausage making facility and then - we parted and I drove home.

Of course, we didn't wear masks while eating, and we were probably 3 feet across from each other. She mentioned she felt achy from heavy duty gardening that Thursday. Makes sense, I thought.

She's come down with everything that sounds like full-blown COVID since then. She was tested, and the test turned up negative, but the testing turns up loads of false positives and false negatives. She's had lung x-rays and further testings. The doctors are considering it "putative/potential" Covid-19 but not a firm diagnosis.

I am in my own self-made self-quarantine. I'm not getting tested until I show symptoms - it is Day 6 of the quarantine for me. I was able to buy chicken feed on Day 2 by going to the website and ordering/paying for it - and the staff delivered to the trunk of my car. I AM worried and concerned - and I am not going to take a chance of inflicting this on others at this point. (Or, frankly. any.)

She's severely worried about her possibly having passed this on to me - I told her don't worry, I'm not. (Actually I am, but it's not her fault and she doesn't need to know this at this point for her. We cannot change the past.)

I'm sorry that such a fantastic day out resulted in this nightmare. Not sure how accurate the tests are, but I think it depends on the testing body. I know in the UK we had a testing contract withdrawn from a certain private healthcare company because their tests were found to be wildly inaccurate - after they had already conducted 750K tests. I hope you are both OK, and do stay safe. Are you in an area of high incidence? (sorry, my knowledge of US geography is lamentably poor)

Mountain Cat, Hoping you stay healthy and appreciate putting yourself in quarantine. I also hope your friend will be OK. Please keep us posted.

What a terrible end to a good day out, for both of you. I hope your friend recovers quickly, and I hope you six-day streak continues on.

Just keep busy and don't obsess over every twitch and ache just yet.

So sorry - but you are absolutely doing the right thing. Please keep us posted.

I'm thinking of you.

Russ

I got my new fridge today!!!

What does that have to do with the virus? Well, I bought it three months ago. That's how messed up supply chains have gotten thanks to Covid.

The delivery guys wore masks, and so did I. It has become second nature now.

CD

None of us here have worn a mask. No cases in the South Island, however I suspect it's here. What with the border bungles. Testing staff it turns out weren't being tested for over a month. No one realised?? People actually breaking into isolation, wtf?

Russ

Back
Top Bottom