How is the corona virus affecting you?

Thanks. We're cautiously optimistic. They're churning people out of the hospital and the very earliest possible, and there are cases of people being sent home not fully out of danger and passing later. He's 80 years old today! :)
He sounds like quite the trooper. Here's hoping he continues on the road to recovery! :thumbsup:

(Our province is in the green zone)

At the time of posting there has been no announcement regarding restrictions on the sale of alcohol or the closing of bars, pubs or restaurants. Any restrictions of this kind are only likely if a province is determined to be a ‘red zone’.

This is Bangkok.

(Our province is now a "yellow zone" - two known cases).

Cockfighting venues? And, WTF is fish fighting?

CD

Male betas will fight if they are in same bowl/tank. That's why you keep them separate and why they put on a display if they can see each other, or even their own reflection in a mirror, as a friend found that out the hard way.

I just got a call from my ex-h. My cousin (a wonderful man who lived with our family for a few years when he was in high school) passed away this morning from COVID. Our family is 5th generation Catholics so he was treated differently for being gay, but, I swear you couldn't meet a sweeter person. My ex-h said that he was trying to recover at home but his mom insisted he go to the hospital. He collapsed on the way to the car. He was 44 years old.

I just got a call from my ex-h. My cousin (a wonderful man who lived with our family for a few years when he was in high school) passed away this morning from COVID. Our family is 5th generation Catholics so he was treated differently for being gay, but, I swear you couldn't meet a sweeter person. My ex-h said that he was trying to recover at home but his mom insisted he go to the hospital. He collapsed on the way to the car. He was 44 years old.
That's terrible, MJ. This thing is touching everyone, it seems. :(

I hope everyone can celebrate his life and put aside the petty stuff. He sounds like a wonderful person.

Reactions: mjd
That's terrible, MJ. This thing is touching everyone, it seems. :(

I hope everyone can celebrate his life and put aside the petty stuff. He sounds like a wonderful person.
Yes, it is.

My ex said he isn't sure if there will be a service because there are several family members hospitalized with COVID and the restrictions in place might be a barrier. Unfortunately, I don't have a family that can rise above pettiness so there would be some drama no matter what.

You kind of remind me of him when I think about it. He was a dapper dresser, had a wicked sense of humor and loved to cook and bake. ;-)

Thanks for your kind message, TastyReuben.

It's official - we have travelled back in time and are once more in late March 2020. In Scotland (and probably England too when Bozo gets round to it later), we're back in full lockdown. This means only leaving the house for essentials, schools closed, only food shops open, etc.

None of this is a surprise and, in truth, I doubt there was any other option.

It's official - we have travelled back in time and are once more in late March 2020. In Scotland (and probably England too when Bozo gets round to it later), we're back in full lockdown. This means only leaving the house for essentials, schools closed, only food shops open, etc.

None of this is a surprise and, in truth, I doubt there was any other option.
Boris is used to being told what to do by his nanny, so until Nanny Nichola spoke he didn't know what to do.

Anyway, back to square one.

There is a woman at work who posted on her facebook page a photo of her family gathering of 25 people on Christmas day. Moronic in several ways, no wonder we are back here.

Fighting fish, we had Siamese fighting fish in a fish tank many years ago, two males would fight to the death. Betting on that? No thanks.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom