How is the corona virus affecting you?

The other thing is that they could simply not use the J&J vaccine on higher risk people. We have three approved vaccines, currently. Just use one of the other two for people in the risk category. No reason to pause the vaccines, altogether (I just had an Airplane flashback, LOL).

CD

Yes...that's a big part of it. If Johnson & Johnson had the only vaccine, they would study it while they continued to administer it. But, we do have a bit of a luxury now (at least in the States), which is a good place to be.

Now over 40 million vaccinations given in the UK (first and second), and Covid is now not the leading cause of death in Scotland

We are currently at 192 million doses administered in the US. We are a little behind the UK on doses per 100 people -- we are at 57 and the UK is at 59. Israel is at 118 doses per 100 people. :ohmy:

CD

Well done Us and Uk.What does that mean? Mistake, right?

No, remember, there are two doses for the Covid vaccines that Israel is using (mostly Pfizer, but they have contracts with Moderna and AZ), so 118 per 100 includes people who have had one dose and two doses.

One reason for their success is that they offered the vaccine companies top-dollar -- as much as double the going rate -- to get first priority.

Of course, these kind of big numbers don't include Palestinians in "occupied territories."

CD

No, remember, there are two doses for the Covid vaccines that Israel is using (mostly Pfizer, but they have contracts with Moderna and AZ), so 118 per 100 includes people who have had one dose and two doses.

One reason for their success is that they offered the vaccine companies top-dollar -- as much as double the going rate -- to get first priority.

Of course, these kind of big numbers don't include Palestinians in "occupied territories."

CD
Oh yes. That was my second thought...well good for them. They were also very quick, which is good.

That with Palestine is one of the long long conflicts, hard to see...

But I read announcements Us is pulling out of Afghanistan completely by September. After 20 years. It scares me, but let us hope things will work out globally.

Someone sat with Iran to talk, quickly saw the title, will look into...

Some interesting information and theory about the blood clot problem has just been shown to me.

Apparently it is already known that when adenovirus vectors are injected into the bloodstream they can cause platelet clumping and so clots. Now the current vaccinations behave like adenovirus vectors and they are bring injected intramulscularly which is not a problem, but what happens if the injector hits a blood vessel by accident? It appears that many newly trained vaccinators are not being taught to put the needle in and then draw back slightly on the syringe to see if any blood is drawn and then if it is, stop the procedure and start again with a fresh dose.

Here is the source for this - it doesn't get too complicated and obviously it is currently just a theory.

View: https://youtu.be/WuyAtvwP2H4

Yesterday was the traditional tax filing day, here in the USA. But due to COVID19, they have authorized filing by May 17th without having to pay late fees.

What I don't know yet is what changes they may have made to the tax schedules due to those economic stimulus checks adding to the national deficit. I have downloaded the forms and instruction guides and will begin to go through them in coming days. Fingers are crossed.

Yesterday was the traditional tax filing day, here in the USA. But due to COVID19, they have authorized filing by May 17th without having to pay late fees.

What I don't know yet is what changes they may have made to the tax schedules due to those economic stimulus checks adding to the national deficit. I have downloaded the forms and instruction guides and will begin to go through them in coming days. Fingers are crossed.
This year is the earliest we've dropped off our taxes to the accountant, and the latest he's been in filing them. They're still not filed, the numbskull. 😠

Next year...new tax guy.

I got my second shot last night, Moderna. I felt a bit odd last night, but that could have been because I went so long between meals since I had to work yesterday afternoon/early evening, then go get shot right after work. This morning I feel okay and my arm isn't even as sore as it was the first time. Craig goes later today for his second.

Neither 1 of the people who gave me the injection aspirated first. I was taught to always aspirate when I was at school in early 80s. I will never forget the 1 time I didn't. My mother had developed severe environmental allergies in her late 40s. She woke me up from a deep sleep in the middle of the night because she was having an attack. This was in the days before they had things like Epipens. I had to draw the epinephrine from a vial, do the flicking thing to make sure there were no air bubbles, etc. I.gave her the injection but forgot to aspirate because I was still groggy. Realized it as soon as I was done, nearly had a heart attack myself over the next few minutes while I waited to see if she would keel over from getting epi directly injected into her bloodstream if I had hit a blood vessel. Never told her what happened and darn sure never forgot to aspirate again, even when I was still half asleep.

Never told her what happened and darn sure never forgot to aspirate again, even when I was still half asleep.
Goodness, that is scary. It is a job with immense immediate responsibility. Cannot stop admiring nurses.

Just looked up aspiration for vaccines. Not necessary it says. Have no idea.

The secretary in our school had sent out the number of teachers applied for vacc to the Ministry today.

I asked for Pfizer, if possible, and if not, any...we don't know yet if we can choose, and if not, what will be used, and when.

More info Monday probably.

Sometimes the simplest graphics tell you everything that is important. This is for the UK as of today.

It took me 13 calls, 12 of which I was disconnected from because 'our phone lines are at full capacity' and this took 25 mins of waiting, but I have a date for my vaccine!
I'm getting Pfizer at the 29th, not in a location very close to me but close enough to reach. And with Pfizer I am actually better protected than with AZ, so if all now goes to plan I am actually better off!
Second dose will be given at June 3d.

Well, I spoke too soon. My arm has been itching more and more where I got the shot and I now have a round, swollen, red, hot, very itchy 2-1/2 inch spot on my arm, plus the odd feeling is back. Craig says he's not feeling well and it's been around 3 hours since he got his shot today.

Well, I spoke too soon. My arm has been itching more and more where I got the shot and I now have a round, swollen, red, hot, very itchy 2-1/2 inch spot on my arm, plus the odd feeling is back. Craig says he's not feeling well and it's been around 3 hours since he got his shot today.
Hope you feel better soon!

But the good news is that its working

Back
Top Bottom