How is the corona virus affecting you?

I'll mis your pony tail.
I really like my stylist. We've had an ongoing text conversation over the last 14 months. She's hilarious, very easygoing and a real free spirit, and a formally-schooled chef and baker, so we're always talking food.

That's the part I'm most excited about, just seeing her in-person again. Who knows...the ponytail may survive. :wink:

I really like my stylist. We've had an ongoing text conversation over the last 14 months. She's hilarious, very easygoing and a real free spirit, and a formally-schooled chef and baker, so we're always talking food.

That's the part I'm most excited about, just seeing her in-person again. Who knows...the ponytail may survive. :wink:
Old joke time;

Do you know why they call them ponytails?

Because when you lift one up you find a horse's a**e underneath

"Bangkok City Hall has clarified that if you’re in your own car with at least one other person, then you must wear a mask or pay a fine of up to ฿20,000. You must also wear a mask even if you are alone in a public place."

(฿20,000 = approx US$650.00)

It doesn't afet me much. I wear the mask in public buildings, that is all. I am self employed and do whatever I want.

T

It doesn't afet me much. I wear the mask in public buildings, that is all. I am self employed and do whatever I want.

T

I'm self employed and fully vaccinated, but always wear a mask around other people. Texas has no mask requirement, but most public buildings and stores/restaurants require them.

Even though I am fully vaccinated, I can still catch the virus, and pass it on to others. The virus won't make me seriously ill, but I'm doing my part to stop the spread by wearing a mask, where appropriate.

CD

Our neighbouring province (to the west) now requires control measures for those who travel in-out of the province to register for health record and travel every time.

I'm waiting on a takeaway order at McD's right now. Except for masks, it's normal. Dining room is opened (50% capacity), the self-serve drinks area is back open, and the self-order kiosk is open.

UK update:
Nearly 65% of adults have had the first vaccination.
25% of adults have had the second vaccination.
There is now an average of 22 deaths/day and it continues to fall at about 20% per week.
There are only 1600 people in hospital with Covid across the whole of the UK.
With the high uptake in vaccinations and improving therapeutics, Government scientists are now saying that rates of death are decoupling from rates of infection.
The UK is sending oxygen generators and intensive care equipment to India, but will not be passing on spare vaccines to any nation until the UK program is complete.

Percentages of those vaccinated vary from State-to-State in the US. The problem we have is not availability of vaccines, but the number of Nimrods who say they don't want the vaccines.

Republicans consistently poll at 40 percent who don't want the vaccine. With young or rural Republicans, it is closer to 50 percent.

Young people are not in a hurry to get vaccinated, in general -- they are invincible, right? They flock to bars and beaches with no masks, because they aren't going to pass up a good time for some stupid virus.

Not to mention the anti-vaxxers who don't believe in ANY vaccines.

The sooner we reach "herd immunity," the sooner we can ditch the masks and get back to normal. People who don't get vaccinated because they don't want to just delay this normalcy.

CD

Back
Top Bottom