How is the corona virus affecting you?

Everybody is tense from the tiresome lockdowns and the stress caused by Covid...shopping is probably the spice to daily routine...to some...

We don't have arrows. We did have announcements over the speaker recommending one person per household should shop...and to hurry up as much as possible...

But yes, we see all kinds of shoppers, decisive, indecisive...

Mostly all works out ok...

Heading into the city today to get some flooring for the new shop..we had to order it, sight unseen, and will have to wait in line in our vehicle to pick it up..We ordered it last week, they had it in stock and waited until last night at 11 p.m. to e-mail us to tell us it is ready and we only have one day to pick it up...pshhh! I know it's tough, but some busienesses are quick to take your money but very slow to deliver your purchase..many have no return policies now, so if you decide it is something that isn't exactly what you want, you can't refund or exchange and you are stuck with it..sometimes to the tune of mucho donero, if you are buying building supplies or other big ticket items
They sent us a friendly reminder at 4 a.m. this morning that we haven't picked it up yet...gotta love the big corporations..

On the brightside, we get to go the the Asian Food Super Store...One of my favorite places to go in the city..that alone makes the trip worth it..
Wow, sight unseen! Colors are so off on computer monitors!

I ordered samples sent to my house for countertops for the kitchen. I wanted a woodsy green quartz. I found an excellent image online, with greens and browns... they sent me something that really looked like someone had eaten peas and sweet potatoes at the same time, and had immediately vomited them up.

I should have saved that sample - I saved most samples for trivets and the like - but that was so horrid it got chucked (up?) immediately.

I am of the opinion that "leaving my house" is venturing outside the gate. I cannot imagine the authorities expect me to wear a mask inside my own garden.

But I live in Thailand - anything is possible!
There is practically no one on my own road here. I walk it without a mask, but i have one with me in case there are other people out for some reason, walking as well.

We don't have arrows.

Even we have arrows (in the major superstores). We also have footprints stuck to the floor 1.50m apart at the checkouts (ignored when the shop is busy). The temperature monitoring, signing in and hand washing has been a bit lax recently but given the latest increase in cases there is more emphasis now.

Even we have arrows (in the major superstores). We also have footprints stuck to the floor 1.50m apart at the checkouts (ignored when the shop is busy). The temperature monitoring, signing in and hand washing has been a bit lax recently but given the latest increase in cases there is more emphasis now.
Lines for the 2 m distancing in front of the cashier, yes...I 'll look for arrows though...temp in shops, no, hand desinf yes, signing in, no.

Lines for the 2 m distancing in front of the cashier, yes...I 'll look for arrows though...temp in shops, no, hand desinf yes, signing in, no.

The reason given for signing in (and out) is that the store has your name and telephone number and the times when you were present in the store. If there's a Covid-19 case discovered who was present in the store at the same time as you then they are able to contact you. Whether it works or not, I've no idea.

There was a case here only last week. A cashier in a major D.I.Y. store was discovered to be positive and she also moonlighted at a market stall in town. The store closed for 3 days (?) but other than that I do not know if other investigations were conducted.

The reason given for signing in (and out) is that the store has your name and telephone number and the times when you were present in the store. If there's a Covid-19 case discovered who was present in the store at the same time as you then they are able to contact you. Whether it works or not, I've no idea.
That's conspiracy-theory fodder around these parts - "That's the gub'mint trackin' ya!"

I do remember the number of customers limitation. Even recently the security guy would stop new shoppers and let them in only when old exited...

But hospitals, general practitioner's hq and my school do have individual temp checks, signing in.

If it works, it makes sense.

We had the signing in this summer at a coffee shop, it was a bit odd leaving one's cell number and full name on a paper list standing unguarded at a bar table in front of the bar...but it seemed to be the rule, so we did sign in.

Once in the lab where my Dad gets his blood checked every 14/30 days, they had a case, and had contacted all the patients of that day, and had them quarantined, just in case. In the early days of pandemic, probably April or May 2020.

But not in shops, not yet at least.

I ordered samples sent to my house for countertops for the kitchen. I wanted a woodsy green quartz. I found an excellent image online, with greens and browns... they sent me something that really looked like someone had eaten peas and sweet potatoes at the same time, and had immediately vomited them up.

I should have saved that sample - I saved most samples for trivets and the like - but that was so horrid it got chucked (up?) immediately.
Don't know whether to laugh or be sorry.

There was a case here only last week. A cashier in a major D.I.Y. store was discovered to be positive and she also moonlighted at a market stall in town. The store closed for 3 days (?) but other than that I do not know if other investigations were conducted.
Oh cashier is vital and can transfer to many new...hope it did not spread...

Hand desinf before entering the shop is very solid here. I never saw anyone skip it, as far as I can remember. Some people wear plastic gloves.

I desinf my hands on my way in and my way out from a shop. In most cases. Sometimes the desinf is not placed at thr exit, so I can't, but yes if I can.

Desinf for hands is in trams and trains too.

We had the directionals for a long time, but then they disappeared. Do still have the marks for social distancing at the cashiers. Haven't had to wait to get in anywhere in a good while, even in smaller places that get crowded quickly.

The signing in thing would never work here. Too many people would refuse and would go elsewhere if a store insisted. It does make sense though.

We’re doing a commercial kitchen space. Going with a generic white pattern

Back
Top Bottom