How is the corona virus affecting you?

I only got two haircuts during the pre-vaccine Covid months. Now that I've had both doses of Pfizer, plus five days, I decided it was time. I got a haircut today -- and lost about five pounds in the process. :laugh:

CD
I've had a nice, long convo with my hair stylist today, going in in about 10 days, it's been 14 months since my last haircut/rubdown.

I have scheduled my first vax for COVID-19. Tuesday afternoon this next week at 3 pm. The follow up shot will be May 25th at 11 am.

I have been dragging my feet because the vaccines aren't yet fully vetted. But the fact that the US has paused one of the vaccines, and the fact that nothing horrid has emerged from the other two permitted here, means I'm just going to take my chances. Plus further research on my part has shown that mRNA based vaccines were in development anyway (not for C-19, but for related viral occurences).

And I may be around two very elderly couples in the next couple of months. There is evidence (incomplete, but something) that being vaccinated may well slow down transmission from asymptomatic carriers of COVID.

Last edited:
I've had a nice, long convo with my hair stylist today, going in in about 10 days, it's been 14 months since my last haircut/rubdown.
Since I've been growing my hair for 14 months as well --- I think around July or August I am going in and having them do something really radical hair-wise for me. Not sure what, yet... but being retired and all, no need to impress anyone, but just to have some sort of fun.

20,000 baht (US$ 650.00) fine if you don’t wear a face mask in these provinces​

Due to the third wave spreading fast during April, it is highly advisable for people to wear face masks whenever they leave their place of residence. It’s already compulsory on public transportation, in government buildings and in malls and convenience stores like 7-11. But did you know that some governors have made it compulsory at all times once you have left your house? If anyone violates this order, which is an offence under Section 51 of the Communicable Diseases Act 2015, they shall be liable to a fine not exceeding 20,000 baht.

Our province is now on the list.

20,000 baht (US$ 650.00) fine if you don’t wear a face mask in these provinces​

Due to the third wave spreading fast during April, it is highly advisable for people to wear face masks whenever they leave their place of residence. It’s already compulsory on public transportation, in government buildings and in malls and convenience stores like 7-11. But did you know that some governors have made it compulsory at all times once you have left your house? If anyone violates this order, which is an offence under Section 51 of the Communicable Diseases Act 2015, they shall be liable to a fine not exceeding 20,000 baht.

Our province is now on the list.
I leave my house without a mask. I wear it in buildings and in busy parking lots or walkways. But I am NOT leaving my house to go to the back yard to tend the chickens with one, (although if it is coop cleanout time - that's why I bought the huge batch of disposable masks to begin with...)

IN my car I don't wear a mask unless the next stop is a quarter mile away. I will note this winter on the colder days a mask kept my face nicely warmed.

I leave my house without a mask. I wear it in buildings and in busy parking lots or walkways. But I am NOT leaving my house to go to the back yard to tend the chickens with one, (although if it is coop cleanout time - that's why I bought the huge batch of disposable masks to begin with...)

IN my car I don't wear a mask unless the next stop is a quarter mile away. I will note this winter on the colder days a mask kept my face nicely warmed.

I am of the opinion that "leaving my house" is venturing outside the gate. I cannot imagine the authorities expect me to wear a mask inside my own garden.

But I live in Thailand - anything is possible!

The advice in the UK is that in supermarkets you should shop alone. It appears from my trip to Sainsburys this morning that I missed the memo where that was withdrawn. Families with several untethered kids, couples parked mid aisle as they gaze in awe at the range of dried pasta, and groups gathered around the pitta bread debating hummus.

I guess it is great that normality is on the horizon, but I had forgotten what a scrum shopping for mince could be in the good old days.

Heading into the city today to get some flooring for the new shop..we had to order it, sight unseen, and will have to wait in line in our vehicle to pick it up..We ordered it last week, they had it in stock and waited until last night at 11 p.m. to e-mail us to tell us it is ready and we only have one day to pick it up...pshhh! I know it's tough, but some busienesses are quick to take your money but very slow to deliver your purchase..many have no return policies now, so if you decide it is something that isn't exactly what you want, you can't refund or exchange and you are stuck with it..sometimes to the tune of mucho donero, if you are buying building supplies or other big ticket items
They sent us a friendly reminder at 4 a.m. this morning that we haven't picked it up yet...gotta love the big corporations..

On the brightside, we get to go the the Asian Food Super Store...One of my favorite places to go in the city..that alone makes the trip worth it..

Last edited:
The advice in the UK is that in supermarkets you should shop alone. It appears from my trip to Sainsburys this morning that I missed the memo where that was withdrawn. Families with several untethered kids, couples parked mid aisle as they gaze in awe at the range of dried pasta, and groups gathered around the pitta bread debating hummus.

I guess it is great that normality is on the horizon, but I had forgotten what a scrum shopping for mince could be in the good old days.
We get this syndrome a lot, too. Our local Co-op is quite small with three very narrow aisles. There are arrows all over the store showing people which way they should go and in fairness, most people comply, but it's still commonplace to have tiresome idiots wandering back and forth.

In our major stores they have arrows on the floor to direct people to all walk in the same direction...fair enough, but when an aisle fills up and somebody is browsing you get a traffic jam..I have passed people in line only to get head shakes and a few tsk tsk's..I guess they expect people to calmly wait while they decide which type of Spaggettio's they want today,..

Back
Top Bottom