How is the corona virus affecting you?

Yeah, even now, they are talking about another strain that might even be stronger & more resistant to vaccine!! Seems like the more people who get vaccinated, the more stubborn the virus gets! Just when it appears that things might be returning to normal, here it comes again!! :mad:

I still feel that this virus is gonna just keep on coming back in one form or another. Seemingly, there still won't be a really good fix against it. It'll be like a monkey on peoples' backs all the time!! :o_o:

I still feel that this virus is gonna just keep on coming back in one form or another. Seemingly, there still won't be a really good fix against it. It'll be like a monkey on peoples' backs all the time!! :o_o:
It is looking likely that there will be effective anti-viral drugs by Christmas, Pfizer are excited by theies. Once bad symptomatic cases can be effectively treated then it is just another version of flu and we will just get used to it.

I hope.

It is a possibility that vaccinated people can be asymptomatic carriers and unwittingly infect other people. Since there have been breakthrough infections where vaccinated people have contracted the virus and there are still many unvaccinated people out there, I don't want to risk being responsible for spreading the virus to someone else. I still wear a mask to keep others safe too, it's not all about me.
Hey JAS, Just a quickie to tell you that I admire your attitude in understanding this isn't all about us. We HAVE to be willing to step outside ourselves and recognize we are part of a bigger group.

I can't recall if I posted about it but I actually came home crying one day after we went to WalMart for groceries. I was upset because people were racing around senior citizens to grab the last of items, basically yelling at them to speed up, etc. It was nothing like a civilized society is supposed to look. Fortunately, the store manager was proactive and designated an hour each morning in which ONLY seniors could shop.

So, a shout out to another strong, selfless woman out there giving it all she's got for the good of ALL her community!

It is a possibility that vaccinated people can be asymptomatic carriers and unwittingly infect other people. Since there have been breakthrough infections where vaccinated people have contracted the virus and there are still many unvaccinated people out there, I don't want to risk being responsible for spreading the virus to someone else. I still wear a mask to keep others safe too, it's not all about me.
Yes same, I see no problem wearing a mask either.

But apparently our government does, as the mask mandate outside public transport and events with people closer than 1,5 meters has been lifted yesterday evening.

EVERYTHING, is back to normal since yesterday aside from the 1,5 metre distance rule. They were MUCH faster with this than I expected, because not even half of our population has been vaccinated yet. I am so glad I got Pfizer! Really worried about the delta strain, it's going to wreack havoc with all those people unprotected now! Our government is much too fast.. :(

Hey JAS, Just a quickie to tell you that I admire your attitude in understanding this isn't all about us. We HAVE to be willing to step outside ourselves and recognize we are part of a bigger group.

I can't recall if I posted about it but I actually came home crying one day after we went to WalMart for groceries. I was upset because people were racing around senior citizens to grab the last of items, basically yelling at them to speed up, etc. It was nothing like a civilized society is supposed to look. Fortunately, the store manager was proactive and designated an hour each morning in which ONLY seniors could shop.

So, a shout out to another strong, selfless woman out there giving it all she's got for the good of ALL her community!
Well thanks. People were disrespectful to seniors and others before so not surprising, but definitely appalling.

Young English people at a pop- up vaccination centre. This makes me happy.

I live in an island country 😡

It appears that between the delta variant being identified in India and our PM finally putting India on the 'Red' list, 20,000 people travelled from the UK to the country and back. Apparently they were allowed to go to funerals, but most lied and just went to see family for a holiday, so seeding the highly transmissible version right across Britain. Now our release from restrictions has been delayed and we once again have the highest infection rate in Europe.

It beats me how a government that has got vaccination so right still manages to screw up every other aspect of controlling this virus.
Yes, but NZ isn't situated next to Europe. How many countries are right across a small body of water from you? How many countries are within swimming distance of NZ?

Yes, but NZ isn't situated next to Europe. How many countries are right across a small body of water from you? How many countries are within swimming distance of NZ?

I think a big difference is that NZ can close its borders much more easily than the UK can. There are a handful of economic hubs in the world, and London is one of them.

CD

Back
Top Bottom