How is the corona virus affecting you?

I think a big difference is that NZ can close its borders much more easily than the UK can. There are a handful of economic hubs in the world, and London is one of them.

CD
Yes, that's for sure.

Yes, but NZ isn't situated next to Europe. How many countries are right across a small body of water from you? How many countries are within swimming distance of NZ?
Most people come to the UK by air as did the Brazilian and Indian variants, the UK government's response to the developing changes has been too slow on every occasion.

Most people come to the UK by air as did the Brazilian and Indian variants, the UK government's response to the developing changes has been too slow on every occasion.
Our government under Trump obviously botched it in the most horrible way, and now many stupid American people who refuse to get vaccinated are making matters worse.

You want to know one of the dumbest excuses I have heard? "I didn't want to be one of the first ones to get it." That's just stupid, especially since the person who said that said it two weeks ago after about 30% of Americans were fully vaccinated and it was proven to be safe and effective. Then there are the batchit crazy ones that think there is a microchip in the vaccine for the government to track everything we do or that the aliens are microchipping us through the vaccine...or that the vaccines are made with live virus that will give you Covid-19, which just shows you that people don't read news, medical, and science articles, they pay more attention to what people are posting on Facebook and other social media outlets.

You want to know one of the dumbest excuses I have heard? "I didn't want to be one of the first ones to get it." That's just stupid, especially since the person who said that said it two weeks ago after about 30% of Americans were fully vaccinated and it was proven to be safe and effective. Then there are the batchit crazy ones that think there is a microchip in the vaccine for the government to track everything we do or that the aliens are microchipping us through the vaccine...or that the vaccines are made with live virus that will give you Covid-19, which just shows you that people don't read news, medical, and science articles, they pay more attention to what people are posting on Facebook and other social media outlets.

There is a political element that I don't totally understand. It is like some people refuse to get it so that Biden doesn't get credit for "ending the pandemic." I just want to shout, it's not political, people, it's science!!!

CD

Young English people at a pop- up vaccination centre. This makes me happy.
View attachment 65692
Holy smokes!!! In the states, we've been hearing they are shutting down vax sites due to low traffic. I forgot what percentage are still unvaccinated but there is a huge anti-vaxxers movement here. In fact, I know a few conservatives that have written Trump off because he promoted (and his narcissistic *** wants the vax renamed "Trump").

That statement isn't contradictory to that unknown outcome. The general idea behind the anti-vaxxers that think that is the clinical trials were rushed through to get them developed as soon as possible. They believe that first or second tier won't develop problems for a few years so it's too early to know if it's TRULY safe and effective.

Holy smokes!!! In the states, we've been hearing they are shutting down vax sites due to low traffic. I forgot what percentage are still unvaccinated but there is a huge anti-vaxxers movement here. In fact, I know a few conservatives that have written Trump off because he promoted (and his narcissistic *** wants the vax renamed "Trump").
It's ridiculous, right? There are lotteries and free shots of liquor for people to get the vaccine. They have to bribe some people which is the dumbest damn thing ever.

There is a political element that I don't totally understand. It is like some people refuse to get it so that Biden doesn't get credit for "ending the pandemic." I just want to shout, it's not political, people, it's science!!!

CD
What about the nurses at Houston Methodist who got fired for not getting vaccinated? And they are going to sue because they refused to put the safety of their patients and coworkers first.

The mRNA technology being used in Moderna and Pfizer is safe and effective. It's ridiculous that people got their immunizations for the flu, polio, measles, mumps, Rubella, pertussis, diptheria, hepatitis B, tetanus, etc. and consented for their children to get these vaccines, but they won't risk getting vaccinated for Covid-19 even though studies have shown that it's safe and effective.

It's ridiculous, right? There are lotteries and free shots of liquor for people to get the vaccine. They have to bribe some people which is the dumbest damn thing ever.
Yes. I try to make the effort to understand people that think differently than I do because I strongly believe the only way to resolve problems is to talk about them. So stepping in those moccasins, it does seem very suspicious they are bribing people to get it.

"We're here from the government to help" is usually not a pathway to anything positive for the average person.

Yes. I try to make the effort to understand people that think differently than I do because I strongly believe the only way to resolve problems is to talk about them. So stepping in those moccasins, it does seem very suspicious they are bribing people to get it.

"We're here from the government to help" is usually not a pathway to anything positive for the average person.
I guess the average person in the US is an idiot. And about the bribery? It's working with some of them. So they wouldn't go get the vaccine on their own, citing the rumored dangers they read about on Facebook from other uninformed peoples' posts, but if you give them money or booze they will get it. Ridiculous.

I guess the average person in the US is an idiot. And about the bribery? It's working with some of them. So they wouldn't go get the vaccine on their own, citing the rumored dangers they read about on Facebook from other uninformed peoples' posts, but if you give them money or booze they will get it. Ridiculous.
Well, yeah. I wasn't trying to make it make sense. It doesn't. I am just saying that I understand the vaccine hesitancy.

Well, yeah. I wasn't trying to make it make sense. It doesn't. I am just saying that I understand the vaccine hesitancy.
I don't understand the hesitancy. Not at all. I just look at the statistics and facts. There are fewer hospitalizations and deaths in vaccinated people. People who are not vaccinated make up the majority of cases resulting in hospitalizations and deaths. And most places in the US haven't gotten the Delta strain in their regions yet. Oh, and the Delta variant is targeting younger people, who in the US make up a good percentage of unvaccinated people.

Doesn't take a whole lot of brain activity to figure out what the right move here is.

I don't understand the hesitancy. Not at all. I just look at the statistics and facts. There are fewer hospitalizations and deaths in vaccinated people. People who are not vaccinated make up the majority of cases resulting in hospitalizations and deaths. And most places in the US haven't gotten the Delta strain in their regions yet.

Doesn't take a whole lot of brain activity to figure out what the right move here is.
First, the most vulnerable population, seniors usually don't have smart phones and/or access to the internet. They get all their information from the nightly news, local newspapers and word of mouth.

Historically, white settlers arrived in America and willfully infected Native Americans with blankets with smallpox added in.

Historically, several black men were tested without their knowledge or consent and left untreated for syphilis (Tuskegee Experiment).

Historically, many parents have allowed their infants to be vaccinated who later went on to develop some cognitive impairments.

There's more of the same out there for anyone that wants to delve into it. My point is simply that I don't necessarily consider someone to be crazy or stupid because they don't feel comfortable getting the vaccine. And, having these bizarre giveaways, contests, free beer, financial incentives, etc. makes it even more suspect.

JAS_OH1, also there was the Thalidomide scandal whereby women were giving birth to severely deformed babies.

It is well known that the treatment for breast cancer causes ovarian cancer and most women aren't told that when their doctors prescribe it.

The Red Cross had to pay $16 million dollars in fines because they weren't testing all the blood donations for transmittable diseases. Doctor are quick to get you to sign off on blood transfusions but didn't warn their patients of this known problem.

American Red Cross Fined More Than $16 Million for Blood Safety Violations | National Hemophilia Foundation.

There is enough information out there that doesn't make the idea of "wait a bit until this gets sorted out" seem that outrageous.

Back
Top Bottom