How is the corona virus affecting you?

And I am still trying to get over that chin tattoo.

Mod.comment: Its a traditional female Maori tattoo. This website has some background about is cultural significance: 'It's Transformative': Māori Women Talk About Their Sacred Chin Tattoos

For New Zealand Māori women, the moko kauae, or traditional female chin tattoo, is considered a physical manifestation of their true identity.

The following comment is not aimed at any particular forum member here: Can we please be careful not to veer into potentially racist territory on the forum.

Mod.comment: Its a traditional female Maori tattoo. This website has some background about is cultural significance: 'It's Transformative': Māori Women Talk About Their Sacred Chin Tattoos

The following comment is not aimed at any particular forum member here: Can we please be careful not to veer into potentially racist territory on the forum.
Understood. I do not know enough about the culture to understand the significance of that tattoo. I was not indicating any sort of racial bias. And even though I know she will probably never see my post, I can understand how that might be hurtful to someone. My apologies.

We can disagree. The world will keep spinning on its axis. ;-)
And people will continue to die of Covid-19. I guess what I find particularly shameful is that in some other countries, people would go to a great deal of trouble to get the vaccine if available. Here, some smug Americans turn up their noses at it.

I also dislike that the people in our country who refuse to get the vaccine will spread it so it mutates even more, and then the new variants may become extremely agile at evading the current vaccines, which will cause a huge spike in cases and deaths all over again.

I knew that. I'm simply acting as a moderator on behalf of the forum, in terms of its principles.
So I was just reaffirming your principles to make it crystal clear that I did not intend to insult anyone, just in case some new person joins the forum and reads that. I wouldn't want anyone to think that I (or anyone else in the forum) am a racist or enjoy demeaning others.

The news today is that it will soon no longer be compulsory to wear a face mask outdoors, but will be compulsory in indoor places such as supermarkets, restaurants, pubs and cafés, so it will be necessary to carry one with you at all times. As far as I'm concerned, I'll continue to wear it outside and even when I am fully vaccinated - I will have my second vaccine on 20 July.

Wellington ( north island) back on level two due to plane load from Sydney landed with covid carriers who partied all weekend, some in packed pubs watching the rugby. Sydney now locking down again with clusters everywhere. What's wrong with people ? A childhood friend I grew up with who lives in Sydney went to a conference with hundreds a few weeks ago in Melbourne then home to Sydney, now she's in Brisbane on holiday. STOP flying around people.

Russ

Wellington ( north island) back on level two due to plane load from Sydney landed with covid carriers who partied all weekend, some in packed pubs watching the rugby. Sydney now locking down again with clusters everywhere. What's wrong with people ? A childhood friend I grew up with who lives in Sydney went to a conference with hundreds a few weeks ago in Melbourne then home to Sydney, now she's in Brisbane on holiday. STOP flying around people.

Russ

Or, get vaccinated before you fly.

CD

Back
Top Bottom