How is the corona virus affecting you?

To my friends down under, please comment on this rather hilarious yet tragic take on Scott Morrison. rascal: I’m counting on you!

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/james_powditch/status/1408685894089940992/photo/1

They are still ahead of us. I love the Australian people a lot, despite the banter between countries, sco mo I find a very good politician. But I'm happy to be proven wrong. The news is on here at 2
Pm my time, Aussie 2 hrs behind us. I will know more.

Russ

Wow….All I heard was good things about NZ. Your numbers are microscopic compared to most of the world. But, it seems that everyone is still just guessing.
You'll like this , earlier in the year prisoners took over waikaria prison and set the place on fire before things settled down, it was announced the other day the insurance payout would pay the prisoners who set the fires $1500 ea to compensate for their belonging. The guards get a few hundred each for personal goods burnt. I'm not joking this goobermint is all about being kind. They paid a p.r firm to come up nice terms at start of covid, $18 million for, be kind, team of 5 million, look out for each other. They spent half a mill on a slide outside parliament.
None have held real jobs, our pm worked in a fish n chip shop.

Russ

Hey LateNight, don't say I didn't warn you. :laugh:

BTW rascal, I did a little searching, and found out she worked at that Fish and Chip shop after school. It was her first job... starting at 14-years-old. My first job was at a Jack-in-theBox fast food joint. Seems I didn't have a "real job" either, and I was 16.

CD

You'll like this , earlier in the year prisoners took over waikaria prison and set the place on fire before things settled down, it was announced the other day the insurance payout would pay the prisoners who set the fires $1500 ea to compensate for their belonging. The guards get a few hundred each for personal goods burnt. I'm not joking this goobermint is all about being kind.

Absolutely bonkers. I didn’t hear about that, but the story is unlike anything I’ve heard of before:

Waikeria Prison riot: Government approves $1.35m payment to prisoners, staff for property - NZ Herald

BTW rascal, I did a little searching, and found out she worked at that Fish and Chip shop after school. It was her first job... starting at 14-years-old. My first job was at a Jack-in-theBox fast food joint. Seems I didn't have a "real job" either, and I was 16.

CD

Seems that you’re qualified to run for president. it doesn’t require much in the way of credentials.

Oops…I sense we’re veering off-topic.

I'm frightened by it. The idea that everything here is going 'back to normal' in a few weeks time (19th July) doesn't feel right.

I understand it has been very difficult/lonely for many but all pros and cons need to be weighed up before we make too many decisions. The health risk is too high to rush.

it was announced the other day the insurance payout would pay the prisoners who set the fires $1500 ea to compensate for their belonging.

In fact those who have convicted will not receive any payment. From the same article:

None of the 17 prisoners who have been charged in relation to the riot would receive any payment.

Anyway - this is off-topic.

CD

But you work for yourself now, she never will.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom