How is the corona virus affecting you?

For those of you not in the UK, this is the man responsible for the NHS, coordinating the response to covid and for bringing in the social distancing rules.
This is not his wife.
View: https://youtu.be/wh8KscD256c

Strangely Boris Johnson didn't think this was a sacking matter. The rest of us did.

For those of you not in the UK, this is the man responsible for the NHS, coordinating the response to covid and for bringing in the social distancing rules.
This is not his wife.
View: https://youtu.be/wh8KscD256c

Strangely Boris Johnson didn't think this was a sacking matter. The rest of us did.

It made the news here... I saw it on the CNN website.

CD

One of my formerly biggest customers is in Auburn, Indiana, and I just did some work for them. Seems most of them have not been vaccinated. One told me, "I don't want to be an experiment."

One of the owners of the company is a major-league anti-vaxxer. His kids are home schooled, and haven't had ANY vaccinations.

Auburn is a super red city/town. Major Trump territory. This same woman once told me how she was tired of Mexicans "invading" her country. I reminded her that I live in Texas, where the economy would collapse without Mexican laborers. I also mentioned that Texas was once part of Mexico. I didn't mention that the whole US belonged to native Americans until white Europeans "invaded" it and stole it from them.

For some in the US, ignorance is a virtue. I'll never understand that.

CD

Last edited:
I'm frightened by it. The idea that everything here is going 'back to normal' in a few weeks time (19th July) doesn't feel right.

Texas has been mostly "back to normal" for over a month, and things haven't gone off the rails. I still think removing ALL rules was a bad idea, but it hasn't bit us in the butt -- yet.

My county is at 56-percent vaccinated. I'm guessing the unvaccinated are mostly under 30, at this point. That, and people in rural areas of the county. The young people are invincible, and the rural folks believe too much misinformation.

My message to people who CHOOSE not to be vaccinated is this: We need a certain percentage of the population to get vaccinated to kill this pandemic. I've done my part -- go do yours!

CD

Things are turning to custard in ozzy ATM. It seems they are going to run short of the vaccine? I'll watch sky ( Australia) at midday. Things are similar here as well.

Russ

President Biden has committed to sharing 55-million doses for vaccines to other countries. The first 25-million are already being distributed.

They are mostly earmarked for poorer countries, so probably won't help Australia or NZ, but any vaccines spread around the world helps with availability all over the world, to some degree.

CD

President Biden has committed to sharing 55-million doses for vaccines to other countries. The first 25-million are already being distributed.

They are mostly earmarked for poorer countries, so probably won't help Australia or NZ, but any vaccines spread around the world helps with availability all over the world, to some degree.

CD

And here we gave vaccination doses to all the islands Samoa Tonga Fiji etc and our front line aren't done yet. Last I heard 25% weren't vaccinated. Our goobermint said we would first in line. :(

Russ

To my friends down under, please comment on this rather hilarious yet tragic take on Scott Morrison. rascal: I’m counting on you!

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/james_powditch/status/1408685894089940992/photo/1

Same thing happened here when Trump turned down a chance to lock in at least 100 million Pfizer doses.

Under its contract with Pfizer, the Trump administration committed to buy an initial 100 million doses, with an option to purchase as many as five times more. But this summer, the White House opted not to lock in an additional 100 million doses for delivery in the second quarter of 2021, according to people who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss it publicly. -- NBC (AKA "fake news :rolleyes:)

100-million doses is good for 50-million people. The US population is 330-million. Another mess the Biden administration had to clean up?

CD

Back
Top Bottom