How is the corona virus affecting you?

In the bar this afternoon, people we know (wink) were aware of a person who was due for an injection on this coming Friday and who decided that they didn't want it. I'm now due to obtain my first injection (by default) instead of her. My date was previously 20th August.

In the bar this afternoon, people we know (wink) were aware of a person who was due for an injection on this coming Friday and who decided that they didn't want it. I'm now due to obtain my first injection (by default) instead of her. My date was previously 20th August.

I got a txt yesterday to say I'm due the jab in July or possibly August or September. :(

Russ

I received my first jab this morning. Second one scheduled for 24th August.

Edit: Actually it's scheduled for September. The lady said August (in English) but wrote down September (in Thai).

My wife is currently driving me crazy.

After the jab yesterday she was continuously asking me about side effects. "There aren't any", I kept assuring her. "Take Paracetamol, just in case". "No, there's nothing wrong with me". Last night night she reckons that I had a fever. It was news to me.

For the last two nights I have had disrupted sleep because of a pain in my back (regular for me) but my eyes are getting tired. "Take some Paracetamol", she says, "It's the vaccine". "It is not the vaccine, can you pick up some Optrex for me?" (I sent her a picture of Optrex).

The only apparent side effects that I've had from the vaccine (Astra Zeneca) is bright green urine.

Of course, this could be due to being off the beer for two days.

My wife is currently driving me crazy.

After the jab yesterday she was continuously asking me about side effects. "There aren't any", I kept assuring her. "Take Paracetamol, just in case". "No, there's nothing wrong with me". Last night night she reckons that I had a fever. It was news to me.

For the last two nights I have had disrupted sleep because of a pain in my back (regular for me) but my eyes are getting tired. "Take some Paracetamol", she says, "It's the vaccine". "It is not the vaccine, can you pick up some Optrex for me?" (I sent her a picture of Optrex).

The only apparent side effects that I've had from the vaccine (Astra Zeneca) is bright green urine.

Of course, this could be due to being off the beer for two days.
Just go in the bathroom (or wherever the tablets are), shake the bottle a bit, run the faucet for a second, then pop back out and say, "There. I just took two."

Then, 20 minutes later, just to ice the cake, say, "You know, I think you were right. I feel a lot better. I'm so lucky to have you."

:laugh:

Just go in the bathroom (or wherever the tablets are), shake the bottle a bit, run the faucet for a second, then pop back out and say, "There. I just took two."

Then, 20 minutes later, just to ice the cake, say, "You know, I think you were right. I feel a lot better. I'm so lucky to have you."

I have no idea where the Paracetamols are. It's over a year since I took one.

Well , that ofc. I could see that coming from a mile away. I am expecting a lockdown from somewhere in mid august, and that's being optimistic. Unless they'll just ignore everything till October, like they did last year giving us a 10 month lockdown after.

View attachment 66519
Well , that ofc. I could see that coming from a mile away. I am expecting a lockdown from somewhere in mid august, and that's being optimistic. Unless they'll just ignore everything till October, like they did last year giving us a 10 month lockdown after.

Here, the news is that the States with the lowest vaccination rates are experiencing the most cases of Covid, including the Delta variant. Gee, who would have seen THAT coming?

CD

Here, the news is that the States with the lowest vaccination rates are experiencing the most cases of Covid, including the Delta variant. Gee, who would have seen THAT coming?

CD
Yeah kinda the same thing here, they removed all restrictions while only 5 million out of 18 million were fully vaccinated. The pace the vaccinations are going is fast, but this is playing a game of catch up we're going to likely lose because they couldn't wait a couple weeks more.

I just saw comedian Wanda Sykes make a funny, but truthful comment along the lines of, "Getting killed by Covid in America now is optional, like getting gored at the running of the bulls (in Pamplona), you get a horn up your a$$, that's on you."

CD

You are the Frasier to this site, thanks doc

Russ

So, the only thing I really wanted to go to this year is now cancelled. Because our government was much too fast with everything (as expected) they now are dialing back and decided to forbid everyone from going to festivals. Including vaccinated people, which was guaranteed they would not do previously.

I already thought they were incompetent (as mentioned often before) but now I really start to resent them.

Other measures are restaurants closing again at 00.00 (used to be whenever they wanted) and things like distance and masks coming back.

We now have 85% with the first dose, and 65% fully vaccinated. Cases are rising rapidly but hospitalizations and deaths are not following.
All restrictions are being lifted in one weeks time, which seems stupid, but some commentators can see a logic to it: 99% of all deaths have been in the over 40, and in a weeks time all over 40 who wanted it will be fully vaccinated. The current rises in cases are driven through schools and young men get drunk and being stupid whilst watching the football championships, both of these will diminish in the next few days as schools break up for summer and the kickyball stuff ends.
By no coincidence a report has just been released showing that under 18s are very unlikely to suffer severe symptoms or die from covid whilst the Chancellor is speaking of the problems to the health service if there is another wave through the winter as flu and other annual pressures hit the hospitals.
So putting this all together more than one expert has suggested that the Government are now willing to let covid run free through the population and for us to achieve full heard immunity before the autumn. I see it as a dangerous gamble, but what else can be done? Continued lockdown will end large parts of the economy, the patience of the population is spent and there is nothing new to wait for.

Back
Top Bottom