How is the corona virus affecting you?

We are having new surges in areas with low vaccination rates. Gee, what a surprise. The White House is focused on getting vaccines out to anyone, anywhere in the USA that wants them. Republicans in congress are working against them, led by nut job in chief, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, warning the flock to resist the "Brown Shirts" coming to their doors to "make them" get vaccinated. Yes, she said "Brown Shirts."

Vaccinations are a full on political tennis ball match. "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!"

CD
The whole thing with the politicization of a virus that doesn't give 2 craps about your political ideology has been one of the saddest, craziest and down right stupidest things I've ever witnessed here in the USA. It's seriously like 30% of the country is in a race back to the dark ages. Simply flabbergasting.

This could have been a 9/11 like unifying event for the country, to come together as Americans and "kick COVID's ass", but right out of the gate things were handled so poorly, and just went in the opposite direction. It's been amazing to watch, and I think we'll be dealing with COVID variants for years to come due to the misinformation and outright propaganda that is STILL being pushed by, well, NOT the nations finest. See them cheer AGAINST vaccines at CPAC? yeah, that's where we're at.

Last edited:
And now, another sign of the apocalypse. There's an annual conference called CPAC (Conservative Political Action Conference) that convened recently. CPAC used to be a thoughtful convergence of ideas for the Right to decide on policy issues. It's lately devolved into a cheerleading event that's focused on scoring political points. Joe Biden had set a vaccination goal of 70% for people to get at least 1 shot. At this year's CPAC, when it was announced that we had fallen short of that goal, THE CROWD CHEERED:

Video: Anthony Fauci reacts to CPAC crowd cheering anti-vaccination comments - CNN Video

Yes...it's totally worth infecting your whole family and maybe dying if it means you can help prove a politician wrong.

This could have been a 9/11 like unifying event for the country, to come together as Americans and "kick COVID's ass", but right out of the gate things were handled so poorly, and just went in the opposite direction. It's been amazing to watch, and I think we'll be dealing with COVID variants for years to come due to the misinformation and outright propaganda that is STILL being pushed by, well, NOT the nations finest. See them cheer AGAINST vaccines at CPAC? yeah, that's where we're at.

Well-put. It could easily have been like that. Not everyone liked George Bush, but he united the country against a common enemy.

I didn't read your post when I posted mine just now, by the way. Extra bonus points: certain leaders are vaccinated, but they aren't telling anyone about it! That alone would have gone a long way toward getting more people vaccinated right there. As I've said many times, I consider this (as well as mocking people for wearing masks) to be more than just negligent. It's criminal.

There was just a press conference from Surgeon General Vivek Murthy warning about the dangers of misinformation when it comes to the vaccine. As he put it:

It’s painful for me to know that nearly every death we are seeing now from COVID-19 could have been prevented. I say that as someone who has lost 10 family members to COVID-19, and who wishes each and every day that they had the opportunity to get vaccinated.

This was on CNN. As I always do in situations like this, I flipped over to Fox News to see if they were broadcasting the live press conference. As I expected, they weren't. Instead, they decided that their viewers needed to know more about how the Human Rights Council requested the UN (in June) to step in and help intervene in racist practices here. The focus of the report was on how terrible it was that "our government wanted a foreign entity to tell us how racist we are". :rolleyes:

I did check the major networks, and they had other programming on. But, they weren't at the news part of the programming day. Of course, the fact that they weren't broadcasting the vaccine misinformation message was exactly the point: they and other organizations that don't broadcast important information like this are part of the problem. I have to believe the choice to not broadcast the press conference was intentional. And, in particular, broadcasting something that's misleading and intended to be inflammatory was surely designed to keep their viewers tuned in and outraged.

Florida Governot * (who has his eyes on a run for President in 2024) Ron DeSantis has taken his message to t-shirts and beer koozies -- while Covid infections rise by 106-percent. Just when I think some politicians can't possibly go lower, they go lower.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNSd52BPfIE

* I noticed my typo after I posted, but decided to leave it. :okay:

CD

There was just a press conference from Surgeon General Vivek Murthy warning about the dangers of misinformation when it comes to the vaccine. As he put it:

It’s painful for me to know that nearly every death we are seeing now from COVID-19 could have been prevented. I say that as someone who has lost 10 family members to COVID-19, and who wishes each and every day that they had the opportunity to get vaccinated.

This was on CNN. As I always do in situations like this, I flipped over to Fox News to see if they were broadcasting the live press conference. As I expected, they weren't. Instead, they decided that their viewers needed to know more about how the Human Rights Council requested the UN (in June) to step in and help intervene in racist practices here. The focus of the report was on how terrible it was that "our government wanted a foreign entity to tell us how racist we are". :rolleyes:

I did check the major networks, and they had other programming on. But, they weren't at the news part of the programming day. Of course, the fact that they weren't broadcasting the vaccine misinformation message was exactly the point: they and other organizations that don't broadcast important information like this are part of the problem. I have to believe the choice to not broadcast the press conference was intentional. And, in particular, broadcasting something that's misleading and intended to be inflammatory was surely designed to keep their viewers tuned in and outraged.

I do the same, watch CNN then switch to fox, I havnt today as its Sunday, people say I'm a balanced person, I have chips on both shoulders,lol. :)

Russ

Florida Governot * (who has his eyes on a run for President in 2024) Ron DeSantis has taken his message to t-shirts and beer koozies -- while Covid infections rise by 106-percent. Just when I think some politicians can't possibly go lower, they go lower.

CD
Just to be clear, I LOL'd at your typo. That's classic. :laugh:

CD
Perfect typo!

After that video (and the last 16months) I think we really need to retire the expression "avoid it like the plague". Apparently some embrace a plague. Mayb Floridians should start using "Avoid it like the vaccine" instead.

Perfect typo!

After that video (and the last 16months) I think we really need to retire the expression "avoid it like the plague". Apparently some embrace a plague. Mayb Floridians should start using "Avoid it like the vaccine" instead.
I laughed at that, then I remembered that Florida has a slightly higher vaccination rate than my state. 😒

Just go in the bathroom (or wherever the tablets are), shake the bottle a bit, run the faucet for a second, then pop back out and say, "There. I just took two."

Then, 20 minutes later, just to ice the cake, say, "You know, I think you were right. I feel a lot better. I'm so lucky to have you."

:laugh:
That would never fly with me, I don't like patronizing, especially from my spouse.

I'm dreading it. The idea that somehow we should rely on people to use 'common sense' to stay safe is ridiculous. One person's idea of 'common sense' can be the polar opposite of someone else's.
At least in the UK it's more likely that people will use common sense...at least compared to Mericuns. Our country is overridden with idiots.

We are having new surges in areas with low vaccination rates. Gee, what a surprise. The White House is focused on getting vaccines out to anyone, anywhere in the USA that wants them. Republicans in congress are working against them, led by nut job in chief, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, warning the flock to resist the "Brown Shirts" coming to their doors to "make them" get vaccinated. Yes, she said "Brown Shirts."

Vaccinations are a full on political tennis ball match. "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!"

CD
Brown shirts? The UPS guy?????

Three days ago I went to a grocery store in my area that does not offer curbside service or delivery. I went during off-peak hours when the store was not busy. They had some really good sales that I did not want to pass up and I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was located, so I was in for less than 20 minutes. Out of about the 30 people in this large grocery store, only one other woman and myself were wearing masks (and I bet she was vaccinated, too). I will continue to wear my mask in public, TYVM. The number of breakthrough infections is alarming, for one thing. Plus I read an article about someone in Texas who came back from Nigeria with monkeypox, which is also spread by respiratory droplets. No, I am not worried about contracting monkeypox (although thank goodness they still require masks on planes), but I haven't had a cold in over two years and I also do not want to be one of the small percentage of vaccinated people who contracted a breakthrough Delta variant (or Lambda) infection with Covid-19. Or a new viral/bacterial disease. The CDC and the WHO and other scientists say that this won't be the last pandemic we see.

Back
Top Bottom