How is the corona virus affecting you?

Three days ago I went to a grocery store in my area that does not offer curbside service or delivery. I went during off-peak hours when the store was not busy. They had some really good sales that I did not want to pass up and I knew exactly what I wanted and where it was located, so I was in for less than 20 minutes. Out of about the 30 people in this large grocery store, only one other woman and myself were wearing masks (and I bet she was vaccinated, too). I will continue to wear my mask in public, TYVM. The number of breakthrough infections is alarming, for one thing. Plus I read an article about someone in Texas who came back from Nigeria with monkeypox, which is also spread by respiratory droplets. No, I am not worried about contracting monkeypox (although thank goodness they still require masks on planes), but I haven't had a cold in over two years and I also do not want to be one of the small percentage of vaccinated people who contracted a breakthrough Delta variant (or Lambda) infection with Covid-19. Or a new viral/bacterial disease. The CDC and the WHO and other scientists say that this won't be the last pandemic we see.

That monkeypox case is a Dallas resident. He is in the hospital and isolated. The CDC is working with the airline to contact trace. Not a big deal.

CD

Last edited:
That monkeypox case is a Dallas resident. He is in the hospital and isolated. The CDC is working with the airline to contact trace. Not a big deal.

CD
I know. I read the article. And like I said, I wasn't worried about contracting it, I was just using it to make a point of why mask wearing works for me.

I know. I read the article. And like I said, I wasn't worried about contracting it, I was just using it to make a point of why mask wearing works for me.

Yeah, but this is the internet. Within 24 hours, there could be a nationwide monkeypox panic. :hyper::laugh:

That, and Tucker Carlson would be on FOX saying, "The Covid vaccine doesn't prevent you from dying of monkeypox, so DON'T GET IT!!!"

CD

I have been very ill all night long, not only arm sore but every bone in my body ached and I had a terrible headache - still now.
I woken up around 3 am because of pain, trying to drink a bit of water but I fainted as soon as I stand. Hubby rescued me as I was on the floor.
They said I’d have had these symptoms after my second jab. Oh my…

Last edited:
Concerns for the Delta variant just caused a US stock market nose dive. But keep in mind that people who are vaccinated are for the most part not being hit by Delta, except where they have an immune system difficiency. The people being hit by Delta are the vaccine hold outs, those who refused to get vaccinated and these people are showing up as big pockets in certain regions of the US which has caused the hysteria because in those pockets, hospitalizations and deaths have exceeded the original Alpha Covid infections for the same regions.

BTW: I do my 2nd Moderna shot Friday. I delayed getting the shots for two reasons, 1) I already had a real case of COVID, back in February 2020 giving me some antibody smarts and 2) I specifically wanted the moderna vaccination which was available to the VA in my area, on again, off again.

Real world evaluations of the efficacy of the various vaccinations to prevent resurgent symptoms and to prevent hospitalizations are favorable for moderna which completely prevents hospitalizations, but like the other vaccinations can allow resurgent symptoms after a time.

I have been very ill all night long, not only arm sore but every bone in my body ached and I had a terrible headache - still now.
I woken up around 3 am because of pain, trying to drink a bit of water but I fainted as soon as I stand on the bed. Hubby rescued me as I was on the floor.

The sore arm is pretty universal, but your side effects are more than most. Most advice from doctors is to take a non-aspirin pain reliever. It should not last very long.

CD

I woken up around 3 am because of pain, trying to drink a bit of water but I fainted as soon as I stand on the bed. Hubby rescued me as I was on the floor.
Sorry to hear this my dear! :hug: hope you feel better soon. This was your first jab?

The sore arm is pretty universal, but your side effects are more than most. Most advice from doctors is to take a non-aspirin pain reliever. It should not last very long.

CD

Yes, sore arm it was the only thing I was expecting, with some light side effects. I also had flu.
The doctor gave me Tachipirina, a non-aspirin pain reliever.. it’s working a bit although I’m still feeling as if a truck ran me over.
And the heat doesn’t help at all

Yes, sore arm it was the only thing I was expecting, with some light side effects. I also had flu.
The doctor gave me Tachipirina, a non-aspirin pain reliever.. it’s working a bit although I’m still feeling as if a truck ran me over.
And the heat doesn’t help at all
Ah, you already did.. Hope you feel better soon :hug:

Back
Top Bottom