How is the corona virus affecting you?

It is looking like our holiday to Greece in September will be cancelled :(
Because of Covid regulations? I've not seen anything in the news about Greece recently (though its not a country I keep an eye on)?

I'm feeling more positive now that I may get to see my sister sometime this year: it looks like the first hurdle will fall soon because the UK government is going to finally recognise EU & US vaccine records. Which means UK residents who've been vaccinated abroad will also be able to travel home to see family without having to quarantine. There's still a second hurdle though.....we also need the US needs to open its borders to non-citizens because she can't come home to visit unless she can be sure that she'll be allowed back in again :(

Because of Covid regulations? I've not seen anything in the news about Greece recently (though its not a country I keep an eye on)?

I'm feeling more positive now that I may get to see my sister sometime this year: it looks like the first hurdle will fall soon because the UK government is going to finally recognise EU & US vaccine records. Which means UK residents who've been vaccinated abroad will also be able to travel home to see family without having to quarantine. There's still a second hurdle though.....we also need the US needs to open its borders to non-citizens because she can't come home to visit unless she can be sure that she'll be allowed back in again :(
The BBC reported this afternoon that Tui are cancelling holidays in Greece, Italy and mainland Spain in anticipation of those countries joining France on the in 'no way made up at the last minute' Amber Plus list.

Glad you're on the up-and-up! My first shot hit me like a ton of bricks as well, not fun but worth it in the end.

My side effects to the second Pfizer shot were very mild. I do know a few people who had pretty heavy side effects, like MyPinch, but all of them spent the day after the shot in bed, sleeping, and by the following day, they felt fine.

CD

The BBC reported this afternoon that Tui are cancelling holidays in Greece, Italy and mainland Spain in anticipation of those countries joining France on the in 'no way made up at the last minute' Amber Plus list.
Ahh I hadn't heard that, is it not possible to still go and just test and quarantine on return? We're planning on going to France next month...have heard that it might be moving back to amber soon, but even if it stays amber+ we'll just pay the extra testing costs and quarantine when we get back.

I reckon amber+ was initially created because they really wanted to put France on the red list but realised that logistically it wouldn't work with all the cross channel traffic. Red only works for flights because there's plenty of hotel capacity at airports to quarantine the incoming passengers (plus most people don't have vehicles with them). Whereas But the ports and tunnel have very on-site little hotel capacity and virtually all the traffic is vehicle based so finding somewhere to securely park all the vehicles and local hotel rooms for the passengers isn't really possible. I didn't realise they were now looking at putting other countries on the amber+ list.

Ahh I hadn't heard that, is it not possible to still go and just test and quarantine on return? We're planning on going to France next month...have heard that it might be moving back to amber soon, but even if it stays amber+ we'll just pay the extra testing costs and quarantine when we get back.

I reckon amber+ was initially created because they really wanted to put France on the red list but realised that logistically it wouldn't work with all the cross channel traffic. Red only works for flights because there's plenty of hotel capacity at airports to quarantine the incoming passengers (plus most people don't have vehicles with them). Whereas But the ports and tunnel have very on-site little hotel capacity and virtually all the traffic is vehicle based so finding somewhere to securely park all the vehicles and local hotel rooms for the passengers isn't really possible. I didn't realise they were now looking at putting other countries on the amber+ list.
It's getting too confusing to follow, I am going to wait until the next update on Thursday and then decide what I I do about my trip to Greece in September.

It's getting too confusing to follow, I am going to wait until the next update on Thursday and then decide what I I do about my trip to Greece in September.
Yes the rules change so frequently its hard to keep on top of them and now that vaccine status comes into it the traffic light system has become pretty complicated. But France is no different...they also have a traffic light system with different rules depending vaccine status....plus extra rules for children and teens. We're lucky in that the only thing we need to book ahead of time is the tunnel...and that's 100% flexible: it can be changed or cancelled at any point up to departure. The only thing that will stop us going is if France gets put on the UK red list (highly unlikely in my opinion) or if the French government put us on their red list.

The CDC has updated its guidelines to recommend that vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public places. I wore mine in the grocery store this evening.

Why? Well, this burden is courtesy of all the Mercans who refuse to get the @#$% shots! If we had achieved the goal set by President Biden of 70-percent vaccinated by now, we wouldn't need to go back to masks. Worst part is, there are a significant number of Mercans happy that we fell short of that goal, because it is a "failure" for Biden. Who thinks like that? I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking.

CD

The CDC has updated its guidelines to recommend that vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public places. I wore mine in the grocery store this evening.

Why? Well, this burden is courtesy of all the Mercans who refuse to get the @#$% shots! If we had achieved the goal set by President Biden of 70-percent vaccinated by now, we wouldn't need to go back to masks. Worst part is, there are a significant number of Mercans happy that we fell short of that goal, because it is a "failure" for Biden. Who thinks like that? I just can't wrap my head around that kind of thinking.

CD
To see clips of Fox news hosts and others gloating over the missed vaccination target is quite sickening, there is no other country on the planet behaving like this, even Brazil seems to get it now.

The CDC has updated its guidelines to recommend that vaccinated people wear masks indoors in public places.
What's funny (not haha) is that I think right now they're saying to do that if you live in a hotspot where cases are rising at more than 50 per 100,000, something like that.

Checking a quick map of Ohio shows that we're largely in the yellow (so first of the alarm stages) except for a little orange spot (next highest) here and a little red spot (run for the hills) there.

One of those orange spots...my county. 😒

Latest for my county - fully vaccinated is at 36%, which is where it's been for the last two or three weeks.

What's funny (not haha) is that I think right now they're saying to do that if you live in a hotspot where cases are rising at more than 50 per 100,000, something like that.

Checking a quick map of Ohio shows that we're largely in the yellow (so first of the alarm stages) except for a little orange spot (next highest) here and a little red spot (run for the hills) there.

One of those orange spots...my county. 😒

Latest for my county - fully vaccinated is at 36%, which is where it's been for the last two or three weeks.

Frisco is doing pretty good for vaccinations, but with a population of 205,000, places can get crowded, especially on weekends. I keep a mask in my pocket, and put it on in stores that have a lot of people in them. If I can get around a store without any need to get close to anyone, I leave it off.

CD

Well I got the lovely news today that a coworker has covid. She was on vacation last week, had traveled up north, came in Monday, missed Tuesday, came in Wednesday and left early, missed yesterday, and then we were notified this a.m. about her status. I have no idea whether she was vaccinated or not. Fortunately, I have had very little contact with her and none close since she came back from vacation because we've been slammed with work and are pretty much at our computers during work time. Unfortunately, I learned in passing when we were bring notified that a coworker I have had fairly close contact with is not vaccinated. He didn't really have much contact with her since her return, but still... Guess I'll see about getting tested in a few days.

Back
Top Bottom