How is the corona virus affecting you?

Well, the stupid train keeps rolling.

South Florida’s Broward County Public Schools had announced last week that the district would require everyone in their buildings to wear masks to guard against Covid-19. That came after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued new guidancerecommending everyone in K-12 schools wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.

But Friday, Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order preventing mask mandates in schools. The order threatens to withhold state funding from schools that implement one.

“Broward County Public Schools intends to comply with the governor’s latest executive order,” the school district said in an online statement released this week..

Governot DeSantis and Texas Governot Abbott both have Presidential ambitions, and are heavily courting Donald Trump for his blessing. Texas is number two in the number of new cases per day, and Florida is number three. DeSantis needs to up his game if he wants to win the race. Threatening to take funding away from schools that require masks is a popular tactic in Red States.

CD

Last edited:
Well, the stupid train keeps rolling.

South Florida’s Broward County Public Schools had announced last week that the district would require everyone in their buildings to wear masks to guard against Covid-19. That came after the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issued new guidancerecommending everyone in K-12 schools wear a mask regardless of vaccination status.

But Friday, Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis issued an executive order preventing mask mandates in schools. The order threatens to withhold state funding from schools that implement one.

“Broward County Public Schools intends to comply with the governor’s latest executive order,” the school district said in an online statement released this week.

“Broward County Public Schools intends to comply with the governor’s latest executive order,” the school district said in an online statement released this week.

Governot DeSantis and Texas Governot Abbott both have Presidential ambitions, and are heavily courting Donald Trump for his blessing. Texas is number two in the number of new cases per day, and Florida is number three. DeSantis needs to up his game if he wants to win the race. Threatening to take funding away from schools that require masks is a popular tactic in Red States.

CD
Flori-DUH

Meanwhile:
1628110733471.png

My boyfriend is off today to Daruvar, a thermal center,2-3h drive from here, for his physio therapy after the neck surgery.
He is prescribed a 3 week stay.
Due to corona, they will not be allowed to leave the hospital building. And no visitors are allowed.
He tested negative on Wednesday, so that is good.
He will share a room with 1 or 2 other patients.
His brother will drive him,and possibly mother will come along. They must have started by now,it is 8 am.
He was not very happy to go.
He has been home for 4 months,and his depression and panic attacks and high blood pressure and heat are a challenge. Plus his salary is a third down during these 4 months.
He might go back to work in Seprember.
On the positive side, he can now drive, but rarely as there is no functional ac in his car, he exercises regularly, he does breathing exercises, he lost weigth, the recovery seems to be good.
I told him to look on the positive side, physio might help further, even if it is only a small pool with thermal water, other treatments like magnet, electricity, mobility stretches...it is monitored and expertly.
Those thermae have(had) a good reputation for aiding healing. The physio therapists are mainly very good here in Croatia.
Plus, a change of set up, being in a different place, might lift the monotony.

It is not pleasant not to leave the building for 21 days, in particular because the thermae are set up in a lovely park with flower beds, lush green trees...but let us see.

🍀

He was not very happy to go.
I hope everything works out for the two of you and you're both feeling good soon. Just tell him the time is going to pass regardless of where he is, so he is in a good place getting treatment during that time. Three weeks at home with no treatment...I'd rather have the treatment. :)

CNN — An 11-month-old girl with Covid-19 had to be airlifted to a hospital 150 miles away because of a shortage of pediatric beds in the Houston area, officials said.

The child tested positive for Covid-19, according to Amanda Callaway, a spokeswoman for Harris Health System. Callaway said the girl was having seizures and needed to be intubated but Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital, where she was first taken, does not offer pediatric services.

None of the major pediatric hospitals in the area had beds available, Callaway said.

The baby is seen in video released by Harris Health being gently lifted onto an air ambulance on Thursday morning for a flight to a hospital in Temple, Texas, about 150 miles away.

Overall, Harris Health System has seen a huge increase in Covid-19 patients, and at least half of the patients in ICU have the virus, Callaway said.

“Couple that with normal emergency needs and it’s overwhelming the system,” Callaway told CNN.

Harris Health is part of the Texas Medical Center, the largest in the world, * according to its website. There were 336 Covid-19 patients admitted on Thursday, the highest daily number of admissions since February, according to its latest update.

Florida and Texas have accounted for a third of all US Covid-19 cases reported in the past week, White House Covid-19 response coordinator Jeff Zients said.

* This story shocked me, because Houston has a massive Hospital system. If Houston is in crisis, there is a BIG problem.

Last edited:
I hope everything works out for the two of you and you're both feeling good soon. Just tell him the time is going to pass regardless of where he is, so he is in a good place getting treatment during that time. Three weeks at home with no treatment...I'd rather have the treatment. :)
So true,yes. I will. Thanks. Well yes, I would too, it is expertly, it is supposed to help. And, they were allowed to walk around the park, so he was missinformed.
Time will tell. I just focus on the now .

Instant Karma's gonna get you
Gonna knock you right on the head
You better get yourself together
Pretty soon you're gonna be dead.

-- John Lennon :(
CD
Wife is fighting for her life as well.

Martyring himself for Trump, leaving your newborn without a father, your wife a widow (provided she survives), potentially your kid an orphan, but he sure owned those Libs!

Update on the Covid restrictions at the thermae my boyfriend is doing post op physio, they can walk around the park, anywhere really, he and his roommate went to the city center (11,000 population) for a coffee. He is doing well. The food is reissuing his gastritis, but other than that it is good.

Texas is right back where it was well before vaccines were available. Schools will open over the next two weeks, and Governot Abbott has issued an Executive Order prohibiting any public schools in Texas from mandating that students, teachers or other staff wear masks. Public schools in Texas also can't require teachers and staff members to get vaccinated.

The Delta variant is hitting children way more than the original strain of Covid did. Yeah, let's send all those kids to indoor spaces full of people, unmasked and unvaccinated. :facepalm:

Did I mention Abbott is an Apostle of Trump, with national political ambitions? This anti-vax, anti-mask stuff is 100-percent political in Texas. It is so frustrating to see people needlessly die for a political cause.

CD

The Delta variant is hitting children way more than the original strain of Covid did. Yeah, let's send all those kids to indoor spaces full of people, unmasked and unvaccinated. :facepalm:
This is horrible read. I thought, naive as I am, now that the vacc wave spread, more or less, we are out of the Covid tunnel. However, here comes another tunnel.
We don't know about schools here yet. Cases are relatively low still, around 230 per day in a 4 mil country.
Hearsay was that school will restart online, but I just wait for official info.

Here's some more COVID19 fun news. Due to the pandemic, the production of semiconductor chips has declined and has caused shutdowns in the production of certain vehicles, pickup trucks in particular, and cell phones. Other products have been being released with missing features.

Beware! If you are planning to buy any type of automated product, it may not have all the functionality that it is advertised to have.

I know the chip shortage is affecting laptops. I'm overdue a replacement for work and no ETA on when to expect it.

Back
Top Bottom