How is the corona virus affecting you?

The business I work for manufactures the isolation transformers that drive silicone chip manufacturing systems. Orders are massively exceeding forecast with the American companies Applied Materials and Axcelis suggesting they have to double output in 2022.
AI, electric and autonomous vehicles have been driving massive growth in semiconductor manufacturing, but the last two years have frightened the automotive and telecoms sectors and they are demanding that chip makers build new plants in North America and Europe as relying on China/ Korea for almost all output is lunacy.

Happy days for my company.

My employer just announced that they'll be requiring employees to show proof of vaccination. They didn't say what the consequences are if you're not vaccinated, but what was interesting to me was the way the decision-making was phrased, which was, "We're not coming down on either side of the issue of vaccination, we're just telling you the reality, which is in order to do business in today's world, you need to be vaccinated."

In other news, I reported probably a month ago that my county is at 36% fully vaccinated (state is at 46%), and now, all these weeks later, we're creeping, ever so slowly, to 37%. It's taking a while, but we should get there before the end of August. 😐

My employer just announced that they'll be requiring employees to show proof of vaccination. They didn't say what the consequences are if you're not vaccinated, but what was interesting to me was the way the decision-making was phrased, which was, "We're not coming down on either side of the issue of vaccination, we're just telling you the reality, which is in order to do business in today's world, you need to be vaccinated."

In other news, I reported probably a month ago that my county is at 36% fully vaccinated (state is at 46%), and now, all these weeks later, we're creeping, ever so slowly, to 37%. It's taking a while, but we should get there before the end of August. 😐
Currently in the UK we are at 89% first vaccination and 75% both vaccinations and 16 & 17 year olds are now being invited to come forward. So proof of vaccination isn't really an issue nationally, mandated vaccination is only in place for those working in care homes with the most vulnerable. Interestingly a University is offering several £5000 cash awards via a draw and all fully vaccinated students are eligible to enter, so incentives are being used.

I know the chip shortage is affecting laptops. I'm overdue a replacement for work and no ETA on when to expect it.

My neighbor and I passed a handful of car dealerships last week, and the lots had very few cars, and the big shock was the limited number of pickup trucks on the lots -- in Texas.

CD

One of our colleagues has ben overly cautious and safe during all of this, today she is at home isolating because she thinks she has covid…she is double vaccinated however she went to a festival at the weekend....coincidence?

Where are the goal posts? Everytime a politician opens their mouth and mentions science they move. Being double vaxed means nothing now. Very frustrating.

The reason that the goal posts keep moving is because the virus keeps changing. All viruses do that, if given the time. Given that, scientists have to constantly react to new data, and adjust their advice accordingly.

As a result, a lot of people assume that the scientists don't know what they are doing, when the truth is, they are doing what scientists are supposed to do -- observe and adapt.

CD

Hospitals in Texas are running out of ICU bed space. New Covid cases are as high, and in some places higher, than they have been at ANY time during the pandemic. All because of politics -- people who refuse to get vaccinated or wear a mask.

What's our Governot doing? Begging for doctors and nurses from other states, while telling schools and local governments, "Don't you dare mandate masks or vaccinations, or I will take away your State funding!"

Several school districts are mandating masks, anyway, while suing the Governot over his anti-mask mandate. He's threatening to sue them for violating his Executive Order.

CD

Last edited:
Hospitals in Texas are running out of ICU bed spce in Texas. New Covid cases are as high, and in some places higher, than they have been at ANY time during the pandemic. All because of politics -- people who refuse to get vaccinated or wear a mask.

What's our Governot doing? Begging for doctors and nurses from other states, while telling schools and local governments, "Don't you dare mandate masks or vaccinations, or I will take away your State funding!"

Several school districts are mandating masks, anyway, while suing the Governor over his anti-mask mandate.

CD
It is being reported in the UK that Florida has had to go begging to Washington for more ventilators because they have run out.

It is being reported in the UK that Florida has had to go begging to Washington for more ventilators because they have run out.

Governot DeSantas says he didn't ask the US government for ventilators. It was done without his approval. He's pissed that those uppity "doctors" in their fancy "hospitals" are going behind his back to ask for ventilators.

CD

Screen Shot 2021-08-12 at 3.13.27 PM.jpg

CD

Back
Top Bottom