How is the corona virus affecting you?

We drive right by a hospital when leaving or coming home. Yesterday, there were a bunch of law enforcement vehicles at the hospital when we left to run errands. When we came home, they were EVERYWHERE and there was a very large number of LEOs standing in formation just off to the side of the ambulance entryway into the ER. I told Craig somebody died.

Well, I was right, but not from what you'd expect for a LEO and that turn out. A 27 year old deputy sheriff, mother of a 2 year old entered the hospital Friday evening after being ill from Covid for about a week and died early Saturday morning. The news article stated there was no word on whether she was vaccinated or not. At that age and dying, I'm going to guess not.

Our lovely governor with all of his medical/science knowledge signed a bill that made it so public schools could NOT require children wear masks in school. That started a huge argument in Miami Dade and Broward counties especially. The respective school boards held multiple meetings regarding the issue, allowing parents to speak for and against, as well as hearing from the medical and science experts. DeSantis warned the schoolboard members and superintendents that if they went against his policy that, among other things he would withhold their paychecks and possibly funding. That didn't go over well at all with those involved, with many of them making public statements that they would vote their conscience regardless. The Broward schoolboard has already voted to require masks. The Miami Dade schoolboard is due to vote in the next few days. Our illustrious governor has received a letter from the Federal Department of Education that he may have overstepped his authority by interfering with local schoolboards, threatening to interfere with their pay, and withhold funding, including federal funds. The letter further stated they would be investigating and monitoring the situation.

DeSantis is pandering to the avid Trump followers with this anti masking stance, as well as his position on other issues, but he better remember there are just as many if not more pro maskers including lots of Trump followers. There were a lot more parents asking the schoolboards to require masks than there were anti maskers.

Our lovely governor with all of his medical/science knowledge signed a bill that made it so public schools could NOT require children wear masks in school. That started a huge argument in Miami Dade and Broward counties especially. The respective school boards held multiple meetings regarding the issue, allowing parents to speak for and against, as well as hearing from the medical and science experts. DeSantis warned the schoolboard members and superintendents that if they went against his policy that, among other things he would withhold their paychecks and possibly funding. That didn't go over well at all with those involved, with many of them making public statements that they would vote their conscience regardless. The Broward schoolboard has already voted to require masks. The Miami Dade schoolboard is due to vote in the next few days. Our illustrious governor has received a letter from the Federal Department of Education that he may have overstepped his authority by interfering with local schoolboards, threatening to interfere with their pay, and withhold funding, including federal funds. The letter further stated they would be investigating and monitoring the situation.

DeSantis is pandering to the avid Trump followers with this anti masking stance, as well as his position on other issues, but he better remember there are just as many if not more pro maskers including lots of Trump followers. There were a lot more parents asking the schoolboards to require masks than there were anti maskers.

We have the exact same thing going on in Texas, with Governot Abbott. School boards are revolting, and the courts are on the side of the local school boards, so far.

My parents and sister are huge evangelical Christian Trump supporters, but they have all be vaccinated. They usually don't believe in science, but on this issue, they do. Global warming is a hoax, the world was created in six days, about 6,000-8,000 years ago, gay people are an abomination in the eyes of God -- but the doctors and researchers are right about this virus. So yes, there are a lot of Trump supporters who are not anti-vaxxers/maskers.

CD

Called off the pub today. My mate who usually goes informs me that members of the village where he lives (including some family) have been taken to hospital after being diagnosed as covid-19 infected.

My wife has to go out for other stuff so she'll pick up some noodles for me on the way back.

Had my 2nd Pfizer shot on August 9, so I am now fully jabbed. The only thing different is that I will now have my vaccination certificate and I'll be able to enter places that require one. While the 1st jab had no impact the 2nd jab made me very tired. But the tiredness only lasted a day.

Back
Top Bottom