How is the corona virus affecting you?

I remain healthy with regard to COVID19 and its variants. I have gotten both Moderna vaccination shots with no side effects, likely because I actually had been infected with COVID19(A) back in late February of 2020 and my immune system is now tuned. I got the Moderna shots anyway, after seeing how the Delta variant is getting the people who did not get vaccinated. I am amazed at the spikes in infections and deaths in the USA which has a high vaccination number. But the stragglers are out there and they are paying a price for their hesitation and obstinance. Check out the spikes on the Johns Hopkins University COVID graphs.

I think I am being effected most by unavailability of certain items in the market and the jump in prices for food and other items. I think we are all seeing that.

The CDC has authorized third doses of Pfizer and Moderna for the immunocompromised, so MrsT (on immunosuppressant meds) gets her third shot on Tuesday.
I wish they would do that too where I live, but so far nothing has been done. Guess they will be late with that, like they were late with everything else.
The WHO has said it's not fair that first world nations give a booster, and that they should give those vaccines to the developing countries. I am torn about it, because I want everyone to get a fair chance to be vaccinated but as an at risk person I also don't want to miss out for myself :(

Booster shots ‘make a mockery of vaccine equity,’ the W.H.O.’s Africa director says.

The CDC has authorized third doses of Pfizer and Moderna for the immunocompromised, so MrsT (on immunosuppressant meds) gets her third shot on Tuesday.
That's good news, but also sad that they have had so few takers for the initial dose and are already coming back to those who want to stay alive

I wish they would do that too where I live, but so far nothing has been done. Guess they will be late with that, like they were late with everything else.
The WHO has said it's not fair that first world nations give a booster, and that they should give those vaccines to the developing countries. I am torn about it, because I want everyone to get a fair chance to be vaccinated but as an at risk person I also don't want to miss out for myself :(

Booster shots ‘make a mockery of vaccine equity,’ the W.H.O.’s Africa director says.
The UK is now planning boosters, but only for those in clinical need. We have virtually stopped giving AZ in the UK because of the age restrictions on it, so effectively all British vaccine producton is being exported with poorer countries within the Commonwealth being given first option.

The UK is now planning boosters, but only for those in clinical need. We have virtually stopped giving AZ in the UK because of the age restrictions on it, so effectively all British vaccine producton is being exported with poorer countries within the Commonwealth being given first option.
I would be one in clinical need, but I am still torn. It's no use for me either if the developing countries create another mutated strain that will be even worse then Delta. I suppose the UK is doing it right here. I just wish governments came together to solve this, instead of this extremely unfair system that eventually will catch up with everyone if a worse strain is created by the delay in vaccination of poorer countries.

I saw the booster shot articles and my first thought was "Oh boy, another shot?!" And at the same time I got this vision of all the conspiracy theorists going crazy with stories that the governments of the world are intentionally shooting us all up with something to control population or something worse.

I would be one in clinical need, but I am still torn. It's no use for me either if the developing countries create another mutated strain that will be even worse then Delta. I suppose the UK is doing it right here. I just wish governments came together to solve this, instead of this extremely unfair system that eventually will catch up with everyone if a worse strain is created by the delay in vaccination of poorer countries.

The US is giving millions of doses to poorer countries. We have a surplus, thanks to the morons who refuse to get vaccinated here.

The vaccines, and the boosters, will work well enough to keep you alive, even with mutations. Vaccinated people are contracting Delta, but not going to the hospital -- or dying.

CD

I saw the booster shot articles and my first thought was "Oh boy, another shot?!" And at the same time I got this vision of all the conspiracy theorists going crazy with stories that the governments of the world are intentionally shooting us all up with something to control population or something worse.

Medical professionals have predicting a booster for some time.

Donald Trump went public saying that the boosters are just a way for Pfizer and Moderna to make more money. Of course he also says that Covid was almost gone when he left office (it was actually spiking when he left office). Governor DeSantis will be parroting Trump any day now. Governor Abbott will be doing the same, as soon as he is out of quarantine. I guess the new right wing mantra is going to be "Don't get the booster!"

EDIT: Trump, DeSantis and Abbott will all get the booster, while telling the sheeple boosters are bad.

CD

Last edited by a moderator:
The US is giving millions of doses to poorer countries. We have a surplus, thanks to the morons who refuse to get vaccinated here.

The vaccines, and the boosters, will work well enough to keep you alive, even with mutations. Vaccinated people are contracting Delta, but not going to the hospital -- or dying.

CD
PCR test which is now being withdrawn by the CDC cannot differentiate the Delta variant neither can the existing antigen test.

Who is saying people are contacting the Delta variant? It's only detectable via a blood draw and sending it to a laboratory. Because of that the sample sizes are so inexplicably small it isn't reasonable or scientifically correct to say people are being infected by this Delta variant.

Who is saying people are contacting the Delta variant? It's only detectable via a blood draw and sending it to a laboratory. Because of that the sample sizes are so inexplicably small it isn't reasonable or scientifically correct to say people are being infected by this Delta variant.
If you read up or watch the Australian news, the statistics speak for themselves here. I'm in the worst affected state along with a couple of other members. That's New South Wales. Sydney is bad in Australian terms. And it is the Delta variant that is spreading here. It is always stated if we are dealing with the alpha, Kappa or Delta variant. Every day the figures are divided by age group and by vaccinated, single vaccination shot or not vaccinated. Almost all of those in hospital are not vaccinated. Almost all of those dying are not vaccinated. Just occasionally there is an anomaly where someone with serious underlying health issues but who is doubly vaccinated dies from the Delta variant. It's the Delta variant that is rampant here, and it's affecting the unvaccinated the worst which is why schools, playgrounds and childcare are all closed. In one state 20% of all infections are in the under 10's.

Editted to update the name I'd forgotten

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom