How is the corona virus affecting you?

It's pretty much official! The gov't WILL be allowing people to get booster shots 8 months after becoming fully vaccinated. We'll just have to wait & see for sure. I heard that it will be a manditory once-a-year thing, like the flu shot.:unsure:

Last edited:
It's pretty much official! The gov't WILL be allowing people to get booster shots 8 months after becoming fully vaccinated. We'll just have to wait & see for sure. I heard that it will be a manditory once-a-year thing, like the flue shot.:unsure:
I understand that Novarax, Pfizer and Oxford University are all working on combined flu and covid shots and they may be ready in 2022.
The UK is now starting work on a vaccine 'mega factory' that according to the press will be doing major research into new technologies along with supplying the countries' vaccine needs and having capacity standing ready to more quickly react to new threats. Well, until some future government cuts funding anyway.

Myself & others in the building were given Moderna shots. I think that's what out booster shots will be.
Seems that whatever vaccine that you started out with, that is what you'll be getting when you get the booster shots. :whistling:

Last edited:
Myself & others in the building were given Moderna shots. I think that's what out booster shots will be.
Seems that whatever vaccine that you started out with, that is what you'll be getting when you get booster shots. :whistling:
I know research is being done into whether giving a different type of vaccine as a booster improves your immunity over sticking with the same product, but it is too soon to have any solid results. It will be interesting.

Seems that whatever vaccine that you started out with, that is what you'll be getting when you get booster shots. :whistling:
I'm not so certain about that. It may only be US that's doing that.

My parents in the UK are both getting Pfizer 3rd jabs. One had AZ the other Pfizer. Not sure what my 2 brothers and sister, plus in-laws (dozens of them) had.

Here in Australia only my husband will currently be getting a 3rd shot because he had AZ. There's been no talk about 3rd shots foot those who had Pfizer originally. Moderna has yet to be rolled out here, it was only approved for use this last week or two. But right now that's a long way off with only 52% of the eligible population having had their 1st shot (of anything) and only 26% for double dose vaccinations. (it's sitting roughly 26-29%, i don't know the exact figure yet because everything for my state gets updated at 11am and it's only just 7am here). I fall into the later category because I got Pfizer whilst it was all quiet here between outbreaks.

A viral test, either the nose or throat swab, can detect if you are positive for COVID-19. It's not designed to tell you which variant you might be infected with, according to Human and Health Services of Texas.

Texas is certainly a good example of what happens when a lot of people don't trust the doctors and scientists. :(

CD

BTW, I've mentioned that my sister is a Registered Nurse in a hospital in Houston. She is on the edge of quitting her job, and the new surge in Covid cases in Texas is a primary reason. Some of her co-workers are sitting on the same fence. When the vaccines came out, they all thought the worst was over, and things would get back to normal. They had no idea half the people in Texas would refuse to get a life saving vaccine.

My sister works in a surgical unit, not in ICU where the Covid patients are, but the overload effects all the hospital staff. She comes home from work exhausted and in a bad mood every day she works.

CD

Nip bottles left by maskless Superspreaders partying on the commuter rail train from Fenway Park after a Red Sox game!!!😱😱😱😱

Last edited:
Glad for her she had it.

Still no talk of boosters here at all
She's headed to Florida next week, so she was glad the authorization came through.

Hopefully, they get that cleared for you all ASAP. I think the expectation here is that general population boosters will be available by the end of the month, but you're supposed to wait eight months from your second shot to get it, which puts me at right around Christmas. 🎄 💉

Fully vacc'd rates in my county holding steady at...37%. 😐

She's headed to Florida next week, so she was glad the authorization came through.

Hopefully, they get that cleared for you all ASAP. I think the expectation here is that general population boosters will be available by the end of the month, but you're supposed to wait eight months from your second shot to get it, which puts me at right around Christmas. 🎄 💉

Fully vacc'd rates in my county holding steady at...37%. 😐
Thats so low! I understand why y'all need boosters given mutation risks.

I just hope some politicians here finally get some fire where the sun doesnt shine

There's news that a BBC presenter died from blood cloth complications due to the AZ vaccine. I think it's great that the media are being honest about this, but I can only imagine what the anti vaxxers are going to make of this. When there's many more people that die from Covid than the vaccine...

I follow the blog of a portuguese doctor who's a child psychiatrist and she got infected twice after getting both AZ shots, once in July and once again in August. First time she got infected she was hospitalized with neurological complications (that thankfully went away), she says the tests showed she still had antibodies from the vaccine but her body didn't develop antibodies from the 1st infection. She still stands by vaccines. There's still no effective treatment for Covid, a lot of people are dying, the strain on the economy is immense. Vaccines aren't perfect but they're our best bet...it's sad so many people don't see this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom