How is the corona virus affecting you?

There's news that a BBC presenter died from blood cloth complications due to the AZ vaccine. I think it's great that the media are being honest about this, but I can only imagine what the anti vaxxers are going to make of this. When there's many more people that die from Covid than the vaccine...

I follow the blog of a portuguese doctor who's a child psychiatrist and she got infected twice after getting both AZ shots, once in July and once again in August. First time she got infected she was hospitalized with neurological complications (that thankfully went away), she says the tests showed she still had antibodies from the vaccine but her body didn't develop antibodies from the 1st infection. She still stands by vaccines. There's still no effective treatment for Covid, a lot of people are dying, the strain on the economy is immense. Vaccines aren't perfect but they're our best bet...it's sad so many people don't see this.
A woman who lives local to me also died of blood clots following vaccination, I recognised her face from the news report, but I didn't know her myself. These stories are very sad, but it is currently estimated that vaccination has saved 100,000 lives in the UK alone (source BBC).

Thailand has just been put on the UK red travel list, it looks like I won't be having a pint with Yorky any time soon. :cry:
At least you can actually get out of the UK. Fingers crossed my parents get to fly to Tenerife before the UK decides to do the same to Spain! They are trying to sell their apartment there (as a result of my step father's decreasing mobility and also what it cost them financially to be stranded in Australia for 6 months).

I can't get out of New South Wales (and I'm still a British citizen) despite being fully vaccinated.

Deaths from Covid in Texas are up 138-percent this week over last week. Meanwhile, our Governor issued a new Executive Order prohibiting any government entity in Texas from requiring vaccinations. That would include requirements for State and local employees and school teachers or students. Texas government just doesn't seem to be in sync with reality.

CD

I am flying for the first time since Covid. Lots of masks. Otherwise, it looks pretty normal.

CD
My parents experience was different.
On Sunday, they are flying for a second time since covid and they have had to get paper copies of vaccination certificates, will have had to had various covid tests done each way and have already had their return flight changed twice... they are understandably anxious.

10 weeks into lockdown and Christmas has been indicated as to when we may get out of it. At least I know I will have to get all my Christmas shopping done online this year, cards included (my 25th wedding anniversary falls over Christmas. With any luck we'll get to spend the day at the beach as per normal. Fingers crossed but I'm not counting on it...

Hopefully ACT will come out of lockdown earlier than NSW and we'll get some restrictions lifted being border residents... Currently we get to stick to both sets of (different) rules.

We fly on Sunday, we have paper and electronic copies of our certificates, have completed and printed the locator form for Greece and have ordered our tests for return to the UK. For us it's just extra admin. The annoying part is that we will jump through these hoops imposed by the British government knowing full well that nothing will be checked when we come home.

We fly on Sunday, we have paper and electronic copies of our certificates, have completed and printed the locator form for Greece and have ordered our tests for return to the UK. For us it's just extra admin. The annoying part is that we will jump through these hoops imposed by the British government knowing full well that nothing will be checked when we come home.
That's pretty much how my parents feel but with Spain the locator form can't be done until 48 hrs before travel (assuming I paid any attention to my mother on Sunday night my time :whistling: )

Back
Top Bottom