How is the corona virus affecting you?

So putting this all together more than one expert has suggested that the Government are now willing to let covid run free through the population and for us to achieve full heard immunity before the autumn. I see it as a dangerous gamble, but what else can be done? Continued lockdown will end large parts of the economy, the patience of the population is spent and there is nothing new to wait for.
That's the stage we reached a while ago on our state/county (and probably the country as a whole) - we just haven't reached those vaccination numbers.

Once you've vaccinated everyone who wants to and can be vaccinated, there's not much else you can do. At that point, you may as well open up and hope for the best.

We now have 85% with the first dose, and 65% fully vaccinated. Cases are rising rapidly but hospitalizations and deaths are not following.
All restrictions are being lifted in one weeks time, which seems stupid, but some commentators can see a logic to it: 99% of all deaths have been in the over 40, and in a weeks time all over 40 who wanted it will be fully vaccinated. The current rises in cases are driven through schools and young men get drunk and being stupid whilst watching the football championships, both of these will diminish in the next few days as schools break up for summer and the kickyball stuff ends.
By no coincidence a report has just been released showing that under 18s are very unlikely to suffer severe symptoms or die from covid whilst the Chancellor is speaking of the problems to the health service if there is another wave through the winter as flu and other annual pressures hit the hospitals.
So putting this all together more than one expert has suggested that the Government are now willing to let covid run free through the population and for us to achieve full heard immunity before the autumn. I see it as a dangerous gamble, but what else can be done? Continued lockdown will end large parts of the economy, the patience of the population is spent and there is nothing new to wait for.

View attachment 66944
We're at 80% for the first shot and 50% for the second. So according to the press conference we just had our herd immunity is going to be really high, yet they are going for drastic measures again.

We're at 80% for the first shot and 50% for the second. So according to the press conference we just had our herd immunity is going to be really high, yet they are going for drastic measures again.
How many of the ' at risk' group have been fully vaccinated? Here 'at risk' is specified as those over 40 or with an existing health problem and we should all be covered by this week.

How many of the ' at risk' group have been fully vaccinated? Here 'at risk' is specified as those over 40 or with an existing health problem and we should all be covered by this week.
All of them who wanted to. Its the healthy adult population that reached 80% already as well. They started slow but gathered speed tremendously the past two months.

But its not enough, apparently

All of them who wanted to. Its the healthy adult population that reached 80% already as well. They started slow but gathered speed tremendously the past two months.

But its not enough, apparently
None of the decisions facing governments right now are ones that I would want to take. I can see both sides, do you contain it, or let itself burn out once those most at risk of dying are as protected as they can be?
Let's hope both approaches work.

I'm in despair about it. I agree we probably need to relax the lockdown to some extent, but why can't we continue to be sensible and use distancing and masks in supermarkets and some restrictions in restaurants and pubs/bars. The idea that we suddenly open everything up terrifies me.

None of the decisions facing governments right now are ones that I would want to take. I can see both sides, do you contain it, or let itself burn out once those most at risk of dying are as protected as they can be?
Let's hope both approaches work.

CPAC (Conservative Political Action Committee) is having a convention in Dallas this weekend. No vaccine? No mask? No Problem! Trump will be speaking. Perhaps Darwin will also be in attendance.

CD

CPAC was here in Dallas this weekend, so the strip clubs were full last night, and the churches were full this morning. The only difference is that their wives were with them in church.

Trump did his regular "It was stolen" speech, and the crowd erupted in applause when it was announced that the US fell short of its vaccination goal. Yes, they are happy that we did not meet our vaccination goal as established by the satan worshiping guy who drinks the blood of children to stay young, President Biden -- who isn't actually the President, and will be ejected when Trump resumes his rightful place sometime around August 13 -- according to the My Pillow guy and millions of Trump cult members.

I wish I could say that I am making this up, but this $#iT is really happening.

Otherwise, I had a good weekend. :okay:

CD

Boris confirmed today that the great experiment starts next Monday, all restrictions lifted and replaced with the advice "do what you feel is best".

Strap in.
(Unless you are uncomfortable with straps, then don't, its up to you).
According to the sky news here ( Australian) the world might be going that way??

Russ

Boris confirmed today that the great experiment starts next Monday, all restrictions lifted and replaced with the advice "do what you feel is best".

Strap in.
(Unless you are uncomfortable with straps, then don't, its up to you).

I'm dreading it. The idea that somehow we should rely on people to use 'common sense' to stay safe is ridiculous. One person's idea of 'common sense' can be the polar opposite of someone else's.

We are having new surges in areas with low vaccination rates. Gee, what a surprise. The White House is focused on getting vaccines out to anyone, anywhere in the USA that wants them. Republicans in congress are working against them, led by nut job in chief, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, warning the flock to resist the "Brown Shirts" coming to their doors to "make them" get vaccinated. Yes, she said "Brown Shirts."

Vaccinations are a full on political tennis ball match. "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!"

CD

We are having new surges in areas with low vaccination rates. Gee, what a surprise. The White House is focused on getting vaccines out to anyone, anywhere in the USA that wants them. Republicans in congress are working against them, led by nut job in chief, Marjorie Taylor-Greene, warning the flock to resist the "Brown Shirts" coming to their doors to "make them" get vaccinated. Yes, she said "Brown Shirts."

Vaccinations are a full on political tennis ball match. "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!" "Get the Vacine!" "No, don't!"

CD
I put wow, but I'm not surprised, I watch CNN in the morning and fox as well. Like the uk cup final , soooo many people about. Not good.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom