How is the corona virus affecting you?

We´re supposed to be travelling next month, but thanks to this bloomin´pandemic, things seem to get more complicated day by day. The latest impediment to our travel plans is that we need to go via Dominican Republic, and they had 7 cases of travellers from Venezuela with yellow fever a month or so back. Suddenly, we´re required to have a yellow fever vaccination to enter the country (even though we´ll only be there 4 hours) or (since we´re over 60) an official "waiver" letter from the Health Ministry, as well as double vaccinations for Covid and a bloody test 2 days before we go. We have to travel 50 miles tomorrow to get the vaccine/waivers, because the unmentionable 👹👹👹👹 "things" in our wonderful government only vaccinate in one place.
And I used to enjoy travelling...

Yes,and a gazillion of other viruses and bacteria too.
A viral bronchitis,or so I am told, is running around here...
I feel for your sinuses, hope it gets better soon.

Nearly everyone I know has the sniffles because ragweed is pollenating. A cold shouldn't last more than a week, unless a sinus infection jumps in to complicate things. When people have a cold for three weeks, I always ask if they have been tested for allergies. They usually say, "I don't have allergies!" It is as if admitting to allergies is like admitting you have an STD.

CD

Our government is running a clown show again. The numbers have been 4000 new infections a day for weeks, hospitals are overrun but they're doing nothing because new measures would be 'impopular'. It took them ages to do something last year too.
Meanwhile I am pretty much self isolating except for the occasional outing.

We´re supposed to be travelling next month, but thanks to this bloomin´pandemic, things seem to get more complicated day by day. The latest impediment to our travel plans is that we need to go via Dominican Republic, and they had 7 cases of travellers from Venezuela with yellow fever a month or so back. Suddenly, we´re required to have a yellow fever vaccination to enter the country (even though we´ll only be there 4 hours) or (since we´re over 60) an official "waiver" letter from the Health Ministry, as well as double vaccinations for Covid and a bloody test 2 days before we go. We have to travel 50 miles tomorrow to get the vaccine/waivers, because the unmentionable 👹👹👹👹 "things" in our wonderful government only vaccinate in one place.
And I used to enjoy travelling...

In the USA, you can get Covid vaccinated for free at the corner pharmacy. The vaccines are abundant, and FREE! Yet, almost 40-percent of Mercans refuse to get vaccinated. :facepalm:

CD

I am trying to understand,what the best scenario would be?
To avoid hospitalization and worse case scenario death, would be the best scenario, right. The data is pretty clear for a persons chances of this to happen so you need to access your personal health and protect yourself and your loved ones the best way you can and implement a best course of action.

Most people have been programed to be afraid and feel guilty, thats been driving the narrative from the beginning. There are no casual observers anymore believing that the virus will never find them and they can just wait it out, that is naive and will get a lot of people into trouble going forward. This virus is now endemic and will be here in one form or another (mutations/variants) for many years to come and everyone, and that includes you and me will come into contact with this virus whether we want to believe that or not is irrelevant. The smartest scientists all agree on this point. which brings up another point. Don't believe anything coming out of the mouths of any media outlet or politician and I suggest you hook up with a covid tracker and follow that way, and read scientific journals for your information.

Final though, if your not vaccinated, get that done ASAP and if your in a demographic or have or suspect you have a compromised immune system talk to your Doctor about supplementing that will enhance the immune system like Vit D and zinc....the scientific literature is out studying these in respect to covid and they are highly recommended. Nobody in NA is pushing/promoting this apparently but I guess it's more profitable selling the Moderna vitamins for 700.00 for a 5 day supply as opposed to promoting a vitamin that costs pennies and that any manufacturer can make for almost nothing, except of course 3rd world countries that can't afford expensive drugs and are using them with very good results, like India for example. cheers!

Coronavirus Pandemic (COVID-19) - Statistics and Research

An update on this morning´s odyssey. I´m happy to say we´ve now got our son vaccinated against Yellow Fever, and we´ve all got the necessary paperwork to avoid untimely delays at the airports. We were up at 5am, on the road by 6 and had to wait about 1 1/2 hours at the dispensary, but all done. We´re all vaccinated against Covid, so unless some daft government entity comes up with a new complication, we´re ready to travel. Gasp!

The goverment is finally waking up. But they're too late again, as during the entire pandemic.
So now we're probably facing a light lockdown, OR new rules only for the unvaxxed.

The government says they are considering ' controversial' measures ( ie more rules for unvaxxed people) but they've always insisted on ' neutrality' before and in that case, everyone might have to go in lockdown again.

The government says they are considering ' controversial' measures ( ie more rules for unvaxxed people) but they've always insisted on ' neutrality' before and in that case, everyone might have to go in lockdown again.
here in Australia, the government have had no issues at all in saying unvaxed can't do this that and the other and shops/cafes/ restaurants and so on are checking for to see your certificate as a condition of entry.

A lot of professions have mandated vaccination coming into effect in the next few weeks. no vaccination, no job in a lot of sectors.

I've heard it many times now whilst in the hospital for getting staff in to work etc.

here in Australia, the government have had no issues at all in saying unvaxed can't do this that and the other and shops/cafes/ restaurants and so on are checking for to see your certificate as a condition of entry.

A lot of professions have mandated vaccination coming into effect in the next few weeks. no vaccination, no job in a lot of sectors.

I've heard it many times now whilst in the hospital for getting staff in to work etc.
I think that's great. They did create a green pass for restaurants, hotels and cultural venues here but nowhere else. They are probably going to change that now.
Hopefully, they will actually do something that works now.

There is a significant minority of Americans who see that as an infringement on their freedoms. One nut-job member of congress compared mandatory vaccines and masks to Jews being forced to wear gold stars of David in Nazi Germany. School board members in districts that require masks for students are being physically attacked, and getting death threats from these goons. It's insane.

CD

Last edited:
There is a significant minority of Americans who see that as an infringement on their freedoms. On nut-job member of congress compared mandatory vaccines and masks to Jews being forced to wear gold stars of David in Nazi Germany. School board members in districts that require masks for students are being physically attacked, and getting death threats from these goons. It's insane.

CD
There's no real replacement to education!

The goverment is finally waking up. But they're too late again, as during the entire pandemic.
So now we're probably facing a light lockdown, OR new rules only for the unvaxxed.

For the better I would think. I don't follow the Netherlands but just from taking a quick look it's showing infections per million have tripled in the last 3 weeks and the reproduction rate is as high as it was back in August 2020 which is the likelihood that someone will infect another person.

Back
Top Bottom