How is the corona virus affecting you?

Officially required third dose of vaccine here. As it was in the beginning, the first to be vaccinated will be the 80+, then going downhill.
I'm really praying they'll do that here too, I am really concerned seeing all these numbers go up while I am still at risk and there's not even talk about a 3d shot yet.

I'm really praying they'll do that here too, I am really concerned seeing all these numbers go up while I am still at risk and there's not even talk about a 3d shot yet.

I hope this for you, sweetie, and for everyone else🤞🏻
I dunno yet when I’ll get my third jab, maybe around January. I’ll check for more info soon

I´m reckoning on getting my 3rd jab around January, because I´ll be in Ohio by then.
As for those who refuse to get vaccinated, I will continue to give them a wide berth. Why?
  • They were probably all vaccinated against polio, TB, diphtheria,and God knows what else when they were kids. No complaints.
  • Bleating on about your human rights and your 2nd, 3rd or 24th Amendment is just an excuse. Conspiracy theories are appalling misinformation - education is what´s needed.
  • Walking around with no protection is how Franz Schubert, Rudolf Nureyev, Freddie Mercury, to mention just three, died. They didn´t have a choice.
  • I wonder how these folks with their precious political/human rights stuff would feel if they infected an older family member, and that person died as a result.
  • I personally think it´s a very selfish decision. Me, me, me and never mind the rest of the population.
ENOUGH! It´s their choice, and everyone should have the right to their own choice, Just don´t come near me!

In other vaccine news, I'm getting my booster next week, my county is still at 41% fully vaccinated, and my employer just unveiled their vaccine-status-tracking tool. No requirement to be vaccinated to work here, but it might be coming soon.

It has been announced in the media,schools may go (would have to) go online from Nov 4th onwards here. Cases are up ...
I have been vaxxed with both doses (March,June) and carry my vacc card around at all times in my purse. 3rd dose? We don't know yet, possibly December.

In other vaccine news, I'm getting my booster next week, my county is still at 41% fully vaccinated, and my employer just unveiled their vaccine-status-tracking tool. No requirement to be vaccinated to work here, but it might be coming soon.

I'm almost due for my third shot. I'll probably get it in mid November, before Thanksgiving travel.

CD

my parents have had their 3rd doses. both were given the Pfizer shot. mum had AZ for the first 2 but my step father had Pfizer previously.

here in Australia, vaccination rates are increasing rapidly. the Canberra Times prints them along side their name daily.

ACT (Australian capital territory) was at (27th Oct) 1st dose +95% and 2nd dose 90.6%
NSW (New South Wales) as of 27th Oct was at 1st dose 93.4% and 2nd dose 86.5%

those figures are for 16yrs and over and apply to where you were vaccinated, not where you reside. so I'm counted in the ACT figures but my husband is counted in the NSW figures.

Australia as a whole was 1st dose 87.6% and 2nd dose 75.5% as of 27th Oct. again 16 yrs and older. they are now vaccinating 12yrs and over.

The slippery slope.
https://www.newsplate.org/2021/09/0...logy-to-make-sure-you-havent-left-your-house/

As everyone knows, I like science and I've suggested that people get vaccinated, but does that mean I by default believe that this mandate is justified. There is a very large segment of the population that is pro vaccine that are anti-mandate and I'm one of those people. There will be a disease, and there will be a vaccine and there will be people in power to administer a logical defense, but not with this disease, and not with these vaccines and certainly not with these authorities. We also have the flipside of that coin where people that have no problem with the mandate but don't want to be vaccinated under these circumstances. At the Beginning of this pandemic we looked up to our first line workers, they were taking the risk of death to look after all the rest of us and now we're firing Doctors, nurses, firemen, police all in the guise of safety. Well, when you go down the road to safety for a society we give up some freedom and that's a road you don't want to go down, because you generally get the opposite of what you thought you were going to get and rarely get the freedom back intact.

The slippery slope.
https://www.newsplate.org/2021/09/0...logy-to-make-sure-you-havent-left-your-house/

As everyone knows, I like science and I've suggested that people get vaccinated, but does that mean I by default believe that this mandate is justified. There is a very large segment of the population that is pro vaccine that are anti-mandate and I'm one of those people. There will be a disease, and there will be a vaccine and there will be people in power to administer a logical defense, but not with this disease, and not with these vaccines and certainly not with these authorities. We also have the flipside of that coin where people that have no problem with the mandate but don't want to be vaccinated under these circumstances. At the Beginning of this pandemic we looked up to our first line workers, they were taking the risk of death to look after all the rest of us and now we're firing Doctors, nurses, firemen, police all in the guise of safety. Well, when you go down the road to safety for a society we give up some freedom and that's a road you don't want to go down, because you generally get the opposite of what you thought you were going to get and rarely get the freedom back intact.

I understand your position but in the case of the current pandemic I fundamentally disagree. Last year, during complete strict lockdown, I saw from my window certain neighbours who allowed others who didn't live with them to come into their houses. In one case, it was evident some kind of birthday was happening as several arrived with flowers or wrapped presents. As far as I was concerned the people involved were breaking the law and endangering the life of others. And that is the point here; its not a 'personal choice' that only affects the person breaking the rule (or refusing to be vaccinated). It endangers the life of others. For that reason alone I am more than happy to give up some freedom.

I understand your position but in the case of the current pandemic I fundamentally disagree. Last year, during complete strict lockdown, I saw from my window certain neighbours who allowed others who didn't live with them to come into their houses. In one case, it was evident some kind of birthday was happening as several arrived with flowers or wrapped presents. As far as I was concerned the people involved were breaking the law and endangering the life of others. And that is the point here; its not a 'personal choice' that only affects the person breaking the rule (or refusing to be vaccinated). It endangers the life of others. For that reason alone I am more than happy to give up some freedom.
We had the same thing here during lockdowns and I agree with you on that particular incident . Just because I'm anti-mandate doesn't mean I agree with what some people did during that time, just to be clear. I've always advocated to get vaccinated, convinced friends to get vaccinated, I social distance, I wear a mask and have my own supply of sanitary lotion.

Last edited:
We had the same thing here during lockdowns and I agree with you on that particular incident . Just because I'm anti-mandate doesn't mean I agree with what some people did during that time, just to be clear. I've always advocated to get vaccinated, convinced friends to get vaccinated, I social distance, I wear a mask and have my own supply of sanitary lotion.

I know that. Good! Its simply that I would have welcomed strict policing at the time, however 'Big Brother' that sounds. Similarly with regard to the app mentioned in your link, to facially recognise those breaking quarantine.

I know that. Good! Its simply that I would have welcomed strict policing at the time, however 'Big Brother' that sounds. Similarly with regard to the app mentioned in your link, to facially recognise those breaking quarantine.

Let me ask you a question MG. Do you continue to not come into contact or have any visitors or visit anyone else? If yes, they why is that different now, than then? Double vaccinated people can still get and spread the virus. Also there's a large percentage of the infected that are asymptomatic.

To Edit: I meant to say if you are having visitors and going out with friends and extended family what has changed from the quarantine lockdown that makes it ok to do that now. It's a general question and doesn't just apply to the UK but applies to all Countries and all peoples. Sorry for the confusion.

Last edited:
The slippery slope.

That's content from The Dally caller, a far right leaning "news" source known for it's mixed take on facts.

Daily Caller

I'd question my news sources and cherry picked data point before I' question the leading scientists and epidemiologists in world.

That's content from The Dally caller, a far right leaning "news" source known for it's mixed take on facts.

Daily Caller

I'd question my news sources and cherry picked data point before I' question the leading scientists and epidemiologists in world.
I get it, we have both here but mostly left. So is this actually not happening and just right wing propaganda?

I'm not politically motivated, both are totally disingenuous as far as I'm concerned and stay clear of political debates when I can. Not sure where you think I'm cherry picking data going against anything......this was just a statement made indicating what the gov't was doing according to this news release.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom