How is the corona virus affecting you?

A quick derail down the obvious path.

8000 children are shot in America every year. I would like to see the venn diagram of those who oppose vaccinating under 18s because of the supposed risk, and those who believe every home should have a gun.

https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics

Anyway, my side effects from my third jab have passed, and were worth it in my opinion.
I'm trying to get an appointment for my booster. They are booked out for now. I'll keep trying everyday until I'm successful.

A quick derail down the obvious path.

8000 children are shot in America every year. I would like to see the venn diagram of those who oppose vaccinating under 18s because of the supposed risk, and those who believe every home should have a gun.

https://www.bradyunited.org/key-statistics

Anyway, my side effects from my third jab have passed, and were worth it in my opinion.
I don't live in the USA but yeah, that's terrible. I could say and it would be true that there were 3 times the deaths in 14 and under kids killed in car accidents than covid in Canada. And they don't drive, so it was the adults responsibility to keep them safe. Maybe we shouldn't drive. Basically your argument is a strawman but I understand where your going with this and like I said I won't be influenced by this type of rhetoric that deflects the investigation away from at least looking at risk/reward. Stay safe.

I was kind of hoping they could keep kids on the online curriculum for a bit longer than they did. Several schools had large outbreaks and had to close, teachers and other school employees contracted Covid-19 and some died. And kids' hospitalizations have increased drastically. There are parents here who are raising coniption fits over schools that encourage or mandate mask weearing of students.

I was kind of hoping they could keep kids on the online curriculum for a bit longer than they did. Several schools had large outbreaks and had to close, teachers and other school employees contracted Covid-19 and some died. And kids' hospitalizations have increased drastically. There are parents here who are raising coniption fits over schools that encourage or mandate mask weearing of students.
The Toronto area just closed 15 public schools because of outbreaks. No deaths so far. It appears the vast majority of US states don't require masks, that I don't understand at all. The Ontario gov't is planning the same strategy early in the new year and while most people here think that is a good thing, based on covid fatigue I'd suspect, that is absolutely the wrong thing to do imo.

The Toronto area just closed 15 public schools because of outbreaks. No deaths so far. It appears the vast majority of US states don't require masks, that I don't understand at all. The Ontario gov't is planning the same strategy early in the new year and while most people here think that is a good thing, based on covid fatigue I'd suspect, that is absolutely the wrong thing to do imo.
In our country it's largely political. There are a lot of misguided people out there.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I had side effects from my first dose (AZ): chills, fatigue & a headache, but none from my second. I've got my booster booked for the 2nd week of December - hoping for no side effects again, but like you say, they're worth it.

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I had side effects from my first dose (AZ): chills, fatigue & a headache, but none from my second. I've got my booster booked for the 2nd week of December - hoping for no side effects again, but like you say, they're worth it.

Everyone in my family has been triple vaxxed. We all got lucky, and had no side effects for the first shot, only very minor side effects for the second, and none for the third.

CD

Omicron now in the UK (England) as expected. 2 cases at the moment but we are a small densely populated country so it will probably spread quickly. Prime minister announced masks to be worn in shops and is 'boosting' the booster programme plus various quarantining and testing measures for people arriving into the country.

My feeling is its not enough. I expected a 'work at home where possible' announcement at least.

Last edited:
Omicron now in the UK (England) as expected. 2 cases at the moment but we are a small densely populated country so it will probably spread quickly. Prime minister announced masks to be worn in shops and is 'boosting' the booster programme plus various quarantining and testing measures for people arriving into the country.

My feeling is its not enough. I expected a 'work at home where possible' announcement at least.

I am getting my 3rd jab in a couple of weeks, today we wore masks in ALDI. Will go back to masks, social distancing, sanitiser etc... as long as we don't become complacent.

Working from home is a great idea where possible, we cannot but a few in the office can and would if the boss agrees.

Our goverment let people infected with Omicron just go home yesterday and told them to ' please call the central office to register your quarantine' . Which as expected, a few did not do. Soooo. That's going to cause more chaos then there already is.

As for boosters:

I would be lucky if I got mine in march

Since I got my Pfizer booster a few weeks ago, I am as vaccinated as a person can get.

Down here in Houston, I've seen almost nobody wearing a mask. When I get back to Frisco, I will see a lot more masks in stores and other busy places.

CD

Our goverment let people infected with Omicron just go home yesterday and told them to ' please call the central office to register your quarantine' . Which as expected, a few did not do. Soooo. That's going to cause more chaos then there already is.

As for boosters:
View attachment 76143
I would be lucky if I got mine in march
The BBC are reporting that 13 people off a single flight from South Africa to Schipol tested positive for Omicron, meanwhile the SA government are saying it's unfair to stop their people flying. Utterly moronic.

Back
Top Bottom