How is the corona virus affecting you?

New variant now named Omicrom. Its being widely reported on the UK news and has to date one case detected in Europe. It will spread further. Its very worrying indeed.
it's here in Australia now as well. new restrictions for all international flights. Multiple infections (7 or 8 so far) coming through on the last flight allowed in from SA. desperately trying to travel down other passengers from that flight etc. and all the time having to deal with those in hotel quarantining doing stupid things to try to get out of it. home quarantining gone again and so on. one woman with 2 young kids has just set fire to her room to try to get out... the blaze wasn't small. she'll end up with a prison sentence for that, along with massive fines and won't be allowed into Australia again if she's not Australian. it's not the first time it has happened even recently. plus there's the guy who jumped out of a 3rd floor window to escape hotel quarantine... he just got to quarantine in a prison hospital bed instead.

as for my 3rd shot (confusingly the so called booster shot is actually shot no. 2 here...). i rang my doctors yesterday to ask if they can now do it at the surgery. previously pfizer want available so i had had to travel into the capital to get it last time (another state/territory so different rules) but now they have it. I wanted to get the shot a few days earlier than the 6 month mark to get it away from Christmas and us going away into a high risk area (aka Sydney) over Christmas. the moment they heard we planned to go to Sydney over Christmas it was a case of, 'you're in the at risk group anyway, you've been able to have shot 3 since month 2 after 2nd shot. you didn't need to wait until 6 months' and so I was give a slot for tomorrow, that was yesterday. my doctors want me protected well ahead of time so I'm as covered as I can be...

it's here in Australia now as well. new restrictions for all international flights. Multiple infections (7 or 8 so far) coming through on the last flight allowed in from SA. desperately trying to travel down other passengers from that flight etc. and all the time having to deal with those in hotel quarantining doing stupid things to try to get out of it. home quarantining gone again and so on. one woman with 2 young kids has just set fire to her room to try to get out... the blaze wasn't small. she'll end up with a prison sentence for that, along with massive fines and won't be allowed into Australia again if she's not Australian. it's not the first time it has happened even recently. plus there's the guy who jumped out of a 3rd floor window to escape hotel quarantine... he just got to quarantine in a prison hospital bed instead.

as for my 3rd shot (confusingly the so called booster shot is actually shot no. 2 here...). i rang my doctors yesterday to ask if they can now do it at the surgery. previously pfizer want available so i had had to travel into the capital to get it last time (another state/territory so different rules) but now they have it. I wanted to get the shot a few days earlier than the 6 month mark to get it away from Christmas and us going away into a high risk area (aka Sydney) over Christmas. the moment they heard we planned to go to Sydney over Christmas it was a case of, 'you're in the at risk group anyway, you've been able to have shot 3 since month 2 after 2nd shot. you didn't need to wait until 6 months' and so I was give a slot for tomorrow, that was yesterday. my doctors want me protected well ahead of time so I'm as covered as I can be...
That silly woman with the young kids is going to not see them until they are adults most likely. Amazing how people don't realize the consequences of their actions.

Do they have the Moderna shot available in Australia? There is data that suggests Moderna offers longer protection than Pfizer, and in the US it's okay to mix and match vaccines. People who had Pfizer's first two shots can get Moderna for the third. Edited to add that I am no doctor and of course you should do what you think is best for yourself or whatever your physician recommends.

Stay safe!

Last edited:
Do they have the Moderna shot available in Australia? There is data that suggests Moderna offers longer protection than Pfizer, and in the US it's okay to mix and match vaccines. People who had Pfizer's first two shots can get Moderna for the third. Edited to add that I am no doctor and of course you should do what you think is best for yourself or whatever your physician recommends
yes, they do and if I could, it would be the moderna for the 3rd shot (I've seen the same research and also come from a scientific background) but I can't get it at present. so my 3rd shot will be the same as my 1st & 2nd, Pfizer. guess my 4th will have to be moderna, like that's not going to happen... I've lost count of how many flu jabs I've had over the years and I'm up to 4 of pneumonia and 6 on rabies.... and just don't ask about tetanus...

Hopefully this variants which appears to be a weak cousin of the Delta with almost no serious health effects and complications becomes reality. We can call it a cold and get on with life. I'm cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully this variants which appears to be a weak cousin of the Delta with almost no serious health effects and complications becomes reality. We can call it a cold and get on with life. I'm cautiously optimistic. Fingers crossed.
I have not read the latest research on this variant, but the reason why the Spanish Flu and all other pandemics fade is because natural selection dictates thet the most virulent but least harmful variant always wins, and this is how this one will end.

I have not read the latest research on this variant, but the reason why the Spanish Flu and all other pandemics fade is because natural selection dictates thet the most virulent but least harmful variant always wins, and this is how this one will end.
Yes, that is exactly right and why I'm optimistic. The bonus is that it's highly transmissible and has the power to dominate the Delta. Hopefully the gov'ts do the right thing but that's probably being overly optimistic. Cheers.

The last article I read stated that the people who were sick and having mild symptoms in South Africa were young (40 or younger) and about half of them were vaccinated. There are states in the US where vaccination rates are fairly low, so wondering how it will affect unvaccinated people here and also elderly people, both vaccinated and unvaccinated.

Edited because my first post had some incorrect information.

Last edited:
The last article I read stated that the people who were sick and having mild symptoms in South Africa were mostly vaccinated. There are states in the US where vaccination rates are fairly low, so wondering how it will affect unvaccinated people here.

Guess we shall find out soon enough.
The last article I read stated that the people who were sick and having mild symptoms in South Africa were mostly vaccinated. There are states in the US where vaccination rates are fairly low, so wondering how it will affect unvaccinated people here.

Guess we shall find out soon enough.
It's expected to effect unvaccinated people more, no doubt about that, but nowhere near the effect the Delta has on those same people, so less hospitalization and death.

Hopefully gov'ts know how to react to this opportunity, but I suspect they'll be hard pressed to do anything but continue to lockdown. We'll see if critical thinking is alive and well.

I am for mandates. We have to wear the above mentioned seatbelts, or pay a fine. We have to stop at red lights. Kids have to have a half-dozen other vaccines. We even have simple mandates like "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" at stores and restaurants. I don't see people protesting for their "individual right" to eat at Applebee's without a shirt.
CD - children are no longer required to be vaccinated against Polio, Smallpox, Diphtheria, Typhoid, Rubella or any of the other diseases that you and I were vaccinated for. Mandated vaccinations for school age children eradicated these diseases from the U.S. Since the mandates have been removed there have been isolated cases of these diseases. If this policy continues Smallpox will be the next pandemic.

CD - children are no longer required to be vaccinated against Polio, Smallpox, Diphtheria, Typhoid, Rubella or any of the other diseases that you and I were vaccinated for. Mandated vaccinations for school age children eradicated these diseases from the U.S. Since the mandates have been removed there have been isolated cases of these diseases. If this policy continues Smallpox will be the next pandemic.
In my state, school-aged children must have vaccines that were mentioned or they are not allowed to attend school (unless they have some sort of exemption, religious or otherwise) as long as the vaccine has full FDA approval. I thought it was all states.

https://odh.ohio.gov/wps/wcm/connec...-9683ace0-573f-4ed3-b9d4-08d714d1fb85-mwJY3dO

No need to worry about Omicron, folks. It's all just a made up political stunt. US Congressman Ronny Jackson is a doctor!!! FOX News presenters are reporting it, too, so it has to be true. In a few days, it will be all over the internet, and we can all get back to normal.

Phew! I can throw away my masks. :dance:

Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 8.48.38 PM.jpg

CD

children are no longer required to be vaccinated against Polio, Smallpox, Diphtheria, Typhoid, Rubella or any of the other diseases that you and I were vaccinated for.
Yep - absolutely agree , because the obligatory vaccinations actually eradicated the disease. Since the disease no longer exists in these spheres, there´s no need to vaccinate against it.
However, COVID is still very much alive and kicking , so if there´s a possible method (ie.vaccination) of eradicating the damn thing, I completely fail to see why people are saying "NO!" to a vaccine.
Health is not politics. Doctors study medicine to find solutions to health problems, politicians do not. If a doctor tells me " Get vaccinated or die", I get vaccinated. I don´t listen to some jerk who´s looking for votes.

I haven't seen anything to suggest that the Delta variant is less deadly. Where is your source?
MG - I love your thinking. Whenever Anti Vaxxers quote numbers to me my first question is "What is your source?" I see a very defensive posture, raised voice, chest puffed out. "I found it on line." Me - OK what site? Well e-mails, Instagram or news site. I investigated the news site. The internet equivalent of supermarket tabloids.
My Cardiologist is the only Dr. that we share. He is amazing. The most renowned cardiologist in the region. Smart, up on the latest science. personable. He cares about science. He thinks Fauci is an idiot and has done more harm than good. In our conversation he at first said Fauci was uneducated then stopped himself. Of course Fauci is educated but he must have been at the bottom of his class. I had to laugh.
Our DR. says to forget social media and the network news. Do your own research. CDC, Johns Hopkins, Mayo Clinic, Cleveland Clinic, LSU Health and Science Center, Baylor, the list goes on. Look to science. If you do not trust U.S. science (I don't know why) look at Israel Science. They do not play politics.
We have both had 2 Covid vaccines and our seasonal flu shots and will get our Covid boosters this week.
Now we have a new variant - Omicron.
I believe that everyone should be responsible and get vaccinated. I think Vaccine mandates have back fired. Anti Vaxxers have just dug their heels in and become more belligerent in their defiance of government intervention.

Back
Top Bottom