How is the corona virus affecting you?

just waiting my 30 minutes after getting my 3rd shot. gentleman in front of me was told too early and given another appointment for January, and I had my 2nd shot after his. but it turned out it was my doctor supervising the shot and the moment she knew we were going to Sydney over Christmas it was OK. not ideal, but i did explain i had tried to book it for the week before Christmas but wad told that wouldn't allow time for maximum protection and given an earlier date...

hopefully I can have a longer gap between this one and the next?

As long as nobody goes ballistic in the stores or where ever I might go, I'm really not personally troubled by covid. As far as knowing people are suffering and that some do go ballistic about face masks, etc. I find a concern about what humanity is all about, but in truth, I have survived covid and thus far, avoided most hostilities, ... most.

Just found out my step brother has Covid for the 3rd time. First time round he was seriously ill with it. He's a social worker so works with children in care and as such is in a high risk job. So is his partner (social worker). She's had it twice now, waiting to get it again. One of his daughters (16) went down with it on her birthday a few days ago. We're not sure why she isn't vaccinated but she isn't.
My (full) brother (also in a high risk work environment, as a driving instructor) is still struggling with what he believes is long covid. He & his ex partner & 2 children all went down with exactly the same thing back in March '20 before testing was done. All 4 are struggling with the long term effects. What he describes sounds like the symptoms of most Chronic conditions to me (given that I have a couple). He has my sympathies because without that formal test result that simply wasn't available early on, he gets little to no help/sympathy from family or friends because they don't believe him. But ontop of being type 2 diabetic & very overweight he has gone from a hard working +50 hrs a week (manual worker, he was a courier) to someone who is struggling to work 20 hrs a week.
My half brother (+ all of his housemates) & half sister (& her partner) have also all had it once (all confirmed). Plus I know it has been through my husbands side of the family as well. Most of them either work in a school as a teacher /headteacher/ or as a special needs child care support worker except 1 who is a bus driver.

As far as we can tell, only the older members of our two families plus us 2 (overseas) have avoided it to date.

Just found out my step brother has Covid for the 3rd time. First time round he was seriously ill with it. He's a social worker so works with children in care and as such is in a high risk job. So is his partner (social worker). She's had it twice now, waiting to get it again. One of his daughters (16) went down with it on her birthday a few days ago. We're not sure why she isn't vaccinated but she isn't.
My (full) brother (also in a high risk work environment, as a driving instructor) is still struggling with what he believes is long covid. He & his ex partner & 2 children all went down with exactly the same thing back in March '20 before testing was done. All 4 are struggling with the long term effects. What he describes sounds like the symptoms of most Chronic conditions to me (given that I have a couple). He has my sympathies because without that formal test result that simply wasn't available early on, he gets little to no help/sympathy from family or friends because they don't believe him. But ontop of being type 2 diabetic & very overweight he has gone from a hard working +50 hrs a week (manual worker, he was a courier) to someone who is struggling to work 20 hrs a week.
My half brother (+ all of his housemates) & half sister (& her partner) have also all had it once (all confirmed). Plus I know it has been through my husbands side of the family as well. Most of them either work in a school as a teacher /headteacher/ or as a special needs child care support worker except 1 who is a bus driver.

As far as we can tell, only the older members of our two families plus us 2 (overseas) have avoided it to date.

Safest place is down under atm.

Russ

He thinks Fauci is an idiot and has done more harm than good. In our conversation he at first said Fauci was uneducated then stopped himself. Of course Fauci is educated but he must have been at the bottom of his class. I had to laugh.
Our DR. says to forget social media and the network news. Do your own research.
Recently Dr Fauci has come out and basically said that he is science personified and if you disagree with him you disagree with science. OMFG. I've seen the comments from other scientists and I can say quite confidently that all of them felt quite embarrassed and ashamed that someone in Science would actually believe that and then to come out and say it, is revealing. It kind of makes him look like a charlatan or commonly known as a politician. :laugh:

Last edited:
Recently Dr Fauci has come out and basically said that he is science personified and if you disagree with him you disagree with science. OMFG. I've seen the comments from other scientists and I can say quite confidently that all of them felt quite embarrassed and ashamed that someone in Science would actually believe that and then to come out and say it, is revealing. It kind of makes him look like a charlatan or commonly known as a politician. :laugh:

That's more internet chatter, as far as I can tell. I've never heard him speak with arrogance. He often says, "I'm doing my job," when confronted. He bases his advice on medical science. He has been heavily criticized by the right for changing his advice, but as he also advises, the virus is changing and scientist are still learning new things all the time. He's gone out of his way not to politicize his work (he's served under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump and now Biden). I think it is also fair to say he has well more than average experience with infectious diseases.

I'd like to see the comments from "other scientists," and get a good look at their credentials. Keep in mind, there are "scientists" who claim global warming/climate change is a hoax. They are few, and mostly work for the oil and coal industries.

CD

That's more internet chatter, as far as I can tell. I've never heard him speak with arrogance. He often says, "I'm doing my job," when confronted. He bases his advice on medical science. He has been heavily criticized by the right for changing his advice, but as he also advises, the virus is changing and scientist are still learning new things all the time. He's gone out of his way not to politicize his work (he's served under Reagan, Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama, Trump and now Biden). I think it is also fair to say he has well more than average experience with infectious diseases.

I'd like to see the comments from "other scientists," and get a good look at their credentials. Keep in mind, there are "scientists" who claim global warming/climate change is a hoax. They are few, and mostly work for the oil and coal industries.

CD
I suggest you do the research yourself, objectively.

I suggest you do the research yourself, objectively.

How I read this: You don't have the evidence, so you are suggesting that I do the work of finding out that you are right? Okay.

I have looked into this claim of scientists against Dr Fauci, and they surround the controversy of whether or not Covid-19 was an "engineered" virus that escaped the laboratory at Wuhan -- something we will probably never know. One of Fauci's critics has said as much.

On a new level, Fox News host Lara Logan recently compared Dr Fauci to Nazi doctor Josef Mengele.

This is how bad the divide over Covid has gotten in the US.

CD

How I read this: You don't have the evidence, so you are suggesting that I do the work of finding out that you are right? Okay.

Mod.comment: Please read my mod. comment above!

I know that there are one or two members here who do not have a high opinion of Fauci (for whatever reason). There is little point in thrashing it out in this thread. Any further posts on this topic will be deleted.

Back to wearing masks again, fine, no big deal. On my way home I nipped into our local Tesco shop I wore my mask, the staff were wearing but customers were not. I know you cannot make people wear them but...

Back to wearing masks again, fine, no big deal. On my way home I nipped into our local Tesco shop I wore my mask, the staff were wearing but customers were not. I know you cannot make people wear them but...
I think I stopped for about two weeks after I was fully vacc'd, but then it all went to crap again, so I went back to it.

I was in a smaller grocery store today, IGA. I saw four workers and two other shoppers, and I was the only one masked.

My allergies are acting up, especially after my trip to Houston. The symptoms include some sneezing, and a cough that comes from the sinus drainage in my throat, but it could freak other people out, so I wear a mask around other people.

Now that the weather is cooler, the mask doesn't bother me as much. When cold winter days arrive, it will actually be nice when I'm outside. It is stifling during the hot summer months.

CD

Back
Top Bottom