How is the corona virus affecting you?

Yup, and I've had all my vaccinations up to date. I was even the one complaining for about 5 posts about not getting a booster soon enough because our country is so slow with the booster campaign.

Critical against (insane) measures does not equal antivaxxer.
I remember clearly. And yes of course you're up to date, you couldn't get a 4th jab without 1, 2, and 3. :laugh:

I am a bit bewildered too, it must have been a mistake.
It was tongue and cheek. Gov'ts have accused just about any resistance or opposition as being anti vaxxers, it's just conventient and they don't have to think. It fits into the anti vaxxers world. Even with actual protests against vaccine mandates most people are vaccinated. it's just a crazy world right now.

It was tongue and cheek. Gov'ts have accused just about any resistance or opposition as being anti vaxxers, it's just conventient and they don't have to think. Even with actual protests against vaccine mandates most people are vaccinated. it's just a crazy world right now.
OK! I guessed I might've misunderstood you, that's why I waited with my reply. No problem.

Just be careful though, lots of people would be quite offended to be called anti vaxxer when they're not. It's a sensitive subject these days :rolleyes:

My protest (and that of the Dutch people) today is against the insanity of these measures because they actually spread covid more AND make no sense. I mean letting vaxxed people who tested positive go everywhere but then keeping restaurants closed is the most bizzare idea I've come across in this entire pandemic. And very unfair to my friend who's trying to run a business.

I have no problem with lockdowns or any measures, but I do have a problem with unfair treatment.

OK! I guessed I might've misunderstood you, that's why I waited with my reply. No problem.

Just be careful though, lots of people would be quite offended to be called anti vaxxer when they're not. It's a sensitive subject these days :rolleyes:

My protest (and that of the Dutch people) today is against the insanity of these measures because they actually spread covid more AND make no sense. I mean letting vaxxed people who tested positive go everywhere but then keeping restaurants closed is the most bizzare idea I've come across in this entire pandemic. And very unfair to my friend who's trying to run a business.

I have no problem with lockdowns or any measures, but I do have a problem with unfair treatment.
Some people don't have a problem with lockdowns, like you said but others do. Lockdowns have never made much sense other than to avoid triage and I believe a more nuanced approach would have been more effective without as much collateral damage but that's my opinion on that. It's pretty easy to justify any lockdown measures where most people will not complain, and the answer is always the same when questioned which is if it helps to reduce just 1 death then it's worth it.

The pandemic has made a dynamic shift of monumental proportions that will be confusing for gov'ts and covidians in general to comprehend for a while yet, but I actually have to give your gov't credit for recognizing the eventual justification to allow the infected to not isolate, it's just the timing that is totally messed up.

, but I actually have to give your gov't credit for recognizing the eventual justification to allow the infected to not isolate, it's just the timing that is totally messed up.
If that was the course they'd run they should embrace it and not half ^$%^# things by picking certain groups to be out of lockdown and others not.
Now they're saying they're expecting cases to rise (and they will with these measures) and if they do they're going back to full lockdown in two weeks. So it's not quite what you make of it.

Some people don't have a problem with lockdowns, like you said but others do. Lockdowns have never made much sense other than to avoid triage and I believe a more nuanced approach would have been more effective without as much collateral damage but that's my opinion on that. It's pretty easy to justify any lockdown measures where most people will not complain, and the answer is always the same when questioned which is if it helps to reduce just 1 death then it's worth it.

The pandemic has made a dynamic shift of monumental proportions that will be confusing for gov'ts and covidians in general to comprehend for a while yet, but I actually have to give your gov't credit for recognizing the eventual justification to allow the infected to not isolate, it's just the timing that is totally messed up.
Wait--but did you read the part where people can go visit a prostitute as long as they wear a mask? :laugh:

And craziest of all: vaxxed people do not have to quarantine if they're positive to covid!
Yep, that's an odd one, but here asymptomatic but positive covid critical workers (critical including teachers, delivery drivers, supermarket staff, shelf stackers and so on) including nurses are allowed to return to work.

Wait--but did you read the part where people can go visit a prostitute as long as they wear a mask? :laugh:
I know right. I remember back in early 2020 with just about every death, literally, were the elderly in hospital taking their last breath and their loved ones were not allowed to be with them. This was unforgivable and I thought that then as well. Also we were told to stay within our bubble, how ridiculous was that as well. The studies are out now after almost 2 years and are showing that mortality does not correlate to lockdown severity. What's your take on China with a 0 covid policy? they're locking down cities with millions of people where covid has been detected, and I mean lockdown. A few million people and athletes are about to go to Beijing. maybe you haven't been following, just curious.

Yep, that's an odd one, but here asymptomatic but positive covid critical workers (critical including teachers, delivery drivers, supermarket staff, shelf stackers and so on) including nurses are allowed to return to work.
That's one thing though, and the rest of the rules are straightforward in your country. And this here is not about essential workers, but everyone.

All these new rules here contradict each other, and it seems they just want to get the numbers high enough to reinstate a full lockdown. Otherwise it makes no sense to annouce that we're going into full lockdown again if numbers go up, yet allowing people who are infected to roam around anyway.

I know right. I remember back in early 2020 with just about every death, literally, were the elderly in hospital taking their last breath and their loved ones were not allowed to be with them. This was unforgivable and I thought that then as well. Also we were told to stay within our bubble, how ridiculous was that as well. The studies are out now after almost 2 years and are showing that mortality does not correlate to lockdown severity. What's your take on China with a 0 covid policy? they're locking down cities with millions of people where covid has been detected, and I mean lockdown. A few million people and athletes are about to go to Beijing. maybe you haven't been following, just curious.
It's pretty much in my face when I turn on the TV or computer, kind of hard not to follow.

A friend of mines mother died in a nursing home the summer of 2020 with Covid. Her mother already had dementia but still recognized her kids, and wanted to see them during her last days. She died alone and confused. Terribly sad.

If that was the course they'd run they should embrace it and not half ^$%^# things by picking certain groups to be out of lockdown and others not.
Now they're saying they're expecting cases to rise (and they will with these measures) and if they do they're going back to full lockdown in two weeks. So it's not quite what you make of it.
Well, their heads are exploding on 2 fronts. 1) the pandemic is about to be endemic 2) They are no longer the lord of the flies. With those 2 scenarios happening at the same time their losing brain cells and they can't be blamed for the lunacy which fortunately will be coming to an end soon, by the summer imo.

Otherwise it makes no sense to annouce that we're going into full lockdown again if numbers go up, yet allowing people who are infected to roam around anyway.
There are probably plenty of scientists and doctors smacking their heads over that one for sure.

Back
Top Bottom