How is the corona virus affecting you?

There are elections in Portugal on January 30. Because we're having record numbers of new infections everyday (50k new infections per day last days), and a record number of people in isolation, everyone who is in isolation or infected will be allowed to go out and vote. I think this is nonsense and I strongly believe it will make voting unsafe for everyone. By the way the % of people in Portugal who don't vote is between 40% to 50% in all elections we had last years, I sincerely believe a lot of people who are infected or in isolation will simply take the opportunity to go outside for a bit and may not even vote.

The 1st day we went back to work, only 1 person stayed off due to covid, more were expected. As of today we are minus 2, 1 called in yesterday another today, fingers crossed it doesn't spread.

Last edited:
So it's been 9 days since I tested positive. I have not retested, I probably will Monday or some other day next week before we venture out to the farmer's market.

I never got really sick, just fatigued, achy, dizzy, no appetite, and low-grade fever. The fever, dizziness, and aches were only for a couple of days. But the fatigue won't go away. Hubby still has a low-grade fever after a week. We both have been sleeping 10-14 hours. Some days are better than others and I can get up and do stuff around the house and have managed to cook something for us. Today was not one of those days. I couldn't get out of bed until 2 and I managed to drink a cup of tea and a cup of coffee, but still not hungry. Hubby seems to have an okay appetite, he ate some hard boiled eggs and fruit. Oh, and last night I was sick to my stomach (hubby was not) but I think it was those very strong antibiotics I was on for a UTI. I ate yogurt or something each time I took them because they were so strong, but still felt queasy after (not to the point of vomiting until last night). I finished the scrip yesterday so hopefully no more of that. Yuck.

How are you feeling? I hope better than I am, and your lovely wife never got sick, right?
I'm A-OK and wifey is safe :okay:
During my quarantine I also started us drinking Airborne (you know, the vitamin C + Zinc supplement?) daily and we're incorporating more fruit into our diet. We might as well get all the immunity boosting goodness that we can ingest 😅

I'm A-OK and wifey is safe :okay:
During my quarantine I also started us drinking Airborne (you know, the vitamin C + Zinc supplement?) daily and we're incorporating more fruit into our diet. We might as well get all the immunity boosting goodness that we can ingest 😅
Yes, we've been fans of Airborne for at least 4 years now. We always took it a few days before flying anywhere to keep the cooties away.

Glad your wife is safe!

Hang in there..after a few days you are experiencing post viral fatigue..quite common...eat well, drink and sleep....
I got my butt kicked by H1N1 and it took me a few weeks...

So it's been 9 days since I tested positive. I have not retested, I probably will Monday or some other day next week before we venture out to the farmer's market.

I never got really sick, just fatigued, achy, dizzy, no appetite, and low-grade fever. The fever, dizziness, and aches were only for a couple of days. But the fatigue won't go away. Hubby still has a low-grade fever after a week. We both have been sleeping 10-14 hours. Some days are better than others and I can get up and do stuff around the house and have managed to cook something for us. Today was not one of those days. I couldn't get out of bed until 2 and I managed to drink a cup of tea and a cup of coffee, but still not hungry. Hubby seems to have an okay appetite, he ate some hard boiled eggs and fruit. Oh, and last night I was sick to my stomach (hubby was not) but I think it was those very strong antibiotics I was on for a UTI. I ate yogurt or something each time I took them because they were so strong, but still felt queasy after (not to the point of vomiting until last night). I finished the scrip yesterday so hopefully no more of that. Yuck.
:hug:hope you feel better soon love

No matter how much protest is happening here, nothing is changing. The cabinet has not even responded to the letter 30 muncipalities sent them to please re open society. Next press conference is tuesday, but the Prime minister already said ' I can't promise anything', so I am expecting nothing good.

Well I was able to get up before noon today. Still no appetite but I washed the dinner dishes (I had no energy left after I cooked last night to do them) and made hubby's breakfast, and I did those dishes, too. And I feel like I can get the bathrooms cleaned this afternoon. Baby steps.

The fish I cooked last night settled in well, so we will have fish again tonight, just a different kind of fish and prepared differently. I had thought burgers initially, but then started thinking about how queasy my stomach had been over the past week and decided against it. Fish just digests so well and is so healthy...okay I might fry it, LOL but still. Probably better on my system than a burger.

I'm kind of surprised I never got it, especially with all my recent air travel. Or, if I did, I was asymptomatic -- or my allergy symptoms masked it.

I am still seeing a lot of mask usage in stores in Frisco.

CD

Back
Top Bottom