How is the corona virus affecting you?

I'm starting to think of Covid more and more like a flu, there are regularly new strains, it gets some people really badly and people can die from it. But you don't put an entire family in isolation just because someone has the flu. And you don't hear how many people got infected with the flu on the news everyday! It's a new disease and we have to live with it. Right now I'm much more worried about the lack of effective treatments and the absolute lack of treatments for long covid which can be very debilitating.

Every time we have a new variant we generally see mutations taking place which effects future immunity. We have had the Apha, Betta, Gamma, Delta and now Omicron. Natural immunity for any one of these does not necessarily mean you'll be 100% immune to any future variant. Reinfection was a given, but like I said that has never been explained properly from the very beginning, well at least In Canada or the USA from what I've seen.

I'm starting to think of Covid more and more like a flu, there are regularly new strains, it gets some people really badly and people can die from it. But you don't put an entire family in isolation just because someone has the flu. And you don't hear how many people got infected with the flu on the news everyday! It's a new disease and we have to live with it. Right now I'm much more worried about the lack of effective treatments and the absolute lack of treatments for long covid which can be very debilitating.
Yeah, I think that is the prevailing thoughts in many Countries, Denmark just dropped all mitigation this week while at the same time are having their highest infection rate ever and that for sure will make some peoples brains fall out. The premier in Saskatchewan in Canada did something similar this week.

Doctors have to do risk analysis on a daily basis. Is the benefit of a particular treatment better than the risk of side effects of that treatment. That is true for most prescription drugs. They almost all have potential adverse side effects, but is that risk better than not using the drug?

In my humble opinion, the right response to Covid, or any pandemic, is a matter of risk analysis. Is a total lockdown necessary? Can people go out and about if they use proper precautions, like getting vaccinated, social distancing, and wearing masks?

The world seems to have a problem right now with everybody being on the same page. Some Countries/States/Cities are not doing enough, and others are doing too much. That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

CD

Doctors have to do risk analysis on a daily basis. Is the benefit of a particular treatment better than the risk of side effects of that treatment. That is true for most prescription drugs. They almost all have potential adverse side effects, but is that risk better than not using the drug?

In my humble opinion, the right response to Covid, or any pandemic, is a matter of risk analysis. Is a total lockdown necessary? Can people go out and about if they use proper precautions, like getting vaccinated, social distancing, and wearing masks?

The world seems to have a problem right now with everybody being on the same page. Some Countries/States/Cities are not doing enough, and others are doing too much. That's just my opinion, for what it's worth.

CD
I agree 100%. It all comes out in the wash and eventually denial gets flipped on it's head for many of the concerns. Honesty and transparency was the only way out of this and that is happening now in small doses, which is probably a good thing. imo

I've got tested positive on Corona and now I'm in quarantine. Have to make a plan for the next week, to loose some weight and not loose my mind
I'm so sorry to hear that. I lost 4 pounds since I was tested positive on January 12, but I wasn't trying to lose weight. I just couldn't taste anything and had a poor appetite. I'm still not fully back to normal.

You are much younger than I, hopefully you will recover quickly. How are you feeling?

Not that bad, physically. If I'll get a problem, than it'll be something with my mental health, my therapist is already informed and tries to help me. I'm gonna focus on my school and try to work on my mental health as much as I need.

Cook more, and post your cooks on the forum. Forum discussions can help with the bordom and loniness.

CD

Back
Top Bottom