How is the corona virus affecting you?

Well, I've had a headache for two days and this afternoon I got a low grade fever too. I check off all the boxes of Omicron, and to top it off our coach for my stepson tested herself after visiting us today because she was suddenly not feeling well and she tested positive..

So we're going to keep an eye on this , she'll call us if she's found positive by an official test as well.

Edit: husband now is coughing and sniffing too. Considering we've had upwards of 100 k infections a day for weeks, we can assume we're positive so we'll stay home until we get called about it.

Last edited:
Denmark seems to be returning to normal.?
Massive protests here by anti vaxxers, anti everything. Seems everyone has had a guts full.
Got my reminder for my boost yesterday.

Russ

And how many flu jabs have you had over the years? Why do you think this is going to be any different?

That is exactly what we do every winter for every new strain of flu. And that vaccination has been shown to wear off inside 4 months. it's why they don't want to give the vaccination in eary autumn because it won't cover you for all of winter assuming that their best guess for which strain of flu is going to be dominant over winter & early spring is actually the correct guess.
Influenza vaccine - Wikipedia

Key Facts About Seasonal Flu Vaccine

If you're lucky, they'll "combine" or do both at the same time in years to come once research shows it is/is not as effective if it is/is not combined or at least done at the same time as the flu jab. I know that the pneumonia jab can be given at the same time as the fIu vaccination and each time a new variant is added to the pneumonia vaccine, both myself & my husband get called in for another shot (because pneumonia almost killed us both 4 or 5 years ago).

Various other vaccinations can be combined, but some have to be separate to others.
Hubby & I had a fair few before we went out cycling on tour. Polio, Yellow fever, tick bourne encephalitis (hoping I spelt that correctly), Rabies, tetanus, thyphus, japanese encephalitis, whooping cough, measles, mumps, rubella, Meningococcal, Hepatitis A, TB, to name just a few (1 or 2 of my childhood vaccinations didn't "take" so had to be repeated individually rather than combined - one in particular put me in picu as an infant and none of my siblings (full or 1/2 siblings) were allowed them as a result.

Some countries still have mandatory vaccination certificates needed to be shown before you are allowed to enter, yet I never heard of people complaining about mandatory vaccinations in order to enter a country (prior to Covid-19)... Odd really, Yellow fever is the main one that springs to mind. Without the original (paper) certificate, no entry period. The Vaccine Passport Debate Actually Began In 1897 Over A Plague Vaccine International Certificate of Vaccination or Prophylaxis - Wikipedia

And despite data showing that you only need 1 dose for life-time protection (this changed recently from the one dose every 10 years) some 17 countries in the world will not permit a traveller entry unless their certificate is within the last 5 to 10 years. Yet no-one really complains about that because it doesn't affect the majority of those who yell the loudest can be heard.

Flu shots only give you a little pin in the jab spot in a few days. Every shot after the 2nd one has made me sick the next day, as I feel like the virus has started attacking me!! It is supposed to make you feel better, NOT SICK!!!! :yuck:

Well, I've had a headache for two days and this afternoon I got a low grade fever too. I check off all the boxes of Omicron, and to top it off our coach for my stepson tested herself after visiting us today because she was suddenly not feeling well and she tested positive..

So we're going to keep an eye on this , she'll call us if she's found positive by an official test as well.

Edit: husband now is coughing and sniffing too. Considering we've had upwards of 100 k infections a day for weeks, we can assume we're positive so we'll stay home until we get called about it.
I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you don't have lingering symptoms. So sorry to hear it!

My husband had night sweats as one of his first symptoms where he soaked the sheets with sweat, which was unexpected. We both had low grade fevers as well, his fever lasted longer than mine, but I had the lack of smell/taste that he didn't get. So odd how it affects different people so differently.

Good news is that in NE Ohio, cases and hospitalizations are now down this week. Finally feeling a little safer about being out and about. Even though we had covid and were fully vaxxed and had boosters. I worked today and it felt good to be out of the house (I am still wearing masks even though I saw a lot of others who did not).

Middle stepdaughter and her husband (living in TX) got covid AGAIN, for the 3rd time and are having a tough go of it, even though they are in their late 20s. They had it over the holidays the last bout so looks like they probably got omicron twice.

Denmark seems to be returning to normal.?
Massive protests here by anti vaxxers, anti everything. Seems everyone has had a guts full.
Got my reminder for my boost yesterday.

Russ

Those Canadian "freedom truckers" have decided to inflict their stupidity on the US economy, by blockading border bridges between the US and Canada. From what I understand, they represent a small minority of Canadian truckers, but they seem to feel that their "freedom" is more important than anyone else's. Same as in the US -- a small minority is sucking all the air out of the room.

I figure once US and Canadian auto workers start getting laid off because a shortage of parts, those truckers will get an earful.

CD

Those Canadian "freedom truckers" have decided to inflict their stupidity on the US economy, by blockading border bridges between the US and Canada. From what I understand, they represent a small minority of Canadian truckers, but they seem to feel that their "freedom" is more important than anyone else's. Same as in the US -- a small minority is sucking all the air out of the room.

I figure once US and Canadian auto workers start getting laid off because a shortage of parts, those truckers will get an earful.

CD
It was on tv last night. Utter chaos.

Russ

"How Is The Corona Virus Affecting You"
It's been a month since all of my Covid-19 symptoms left me and I got a negative test, but I still have some "brain fog" lingering on.
I've read this is not uncommon. I have good days and I have real bad days.

Yup just a small fringe group of Canadians, the gov't is now thinking of taking their kids from them with child services. They have to do something, can't have citizens protesting civil liberties, the liberal gov't got it under control.

Full hard lockdown until at least Jan 14.

-Restaurants, bars, hotels, entertainment, cultural sector, non essential stores : closed
-All schools for all ages and child day cares closed
-No sports competitions, no public events, no large gatherings outside
-Closed barbers, physiotherapists and other close contact services
-Closed day care for disabled and mentally ill people
-No more than 4 visitors allowed at home
-No more than 4 people of the same household outside

Booster shots should be administered to everyone who wants one before february. But only 1.5 millon people have been vaccinated in the whole of December, yet they assume they will vaccinate 9 million in January.. I don't think so given their track record.
And this is all going to last till march, given their track record.

We went through all of that here in Boston about two year ago, & it was so rough!! Full hard lockdown!! Eateries were open, but for takeout only. It got to the point ehere I became so fed up with all of it. It was driving me absolutely nuts!!! The places that WERE open, they closed too early! Couldn't go out at all!! It was almost like they brought slavery times back!!! 😡😡

Yup just a small fringe group of Canadians, the gov't is now thinking of taking their kids from them with child services. They have to do something, can't have citizens protesting civil liberties, the liberal gov't got it under control.

I'm sure the thousands of people who are woken up at 2AM by a chorus of truck horns are 100-percent behind their "civil liberties." I'm sure business owners are happy to shut down their businesses for their "freedoms." I'm sure Canadians LOVE not being able to get to work -- or to the hospital.

"Your right to swing your arms ends just where the other man's nose begins.“ — Zechariah Chafee

Source: Zechariah Chafee quote #1902995

CD

I am so sorry to hear this, I hope you don't have lingering symptoms. So sorry to hear it!

My husband had night sweats as one of his first symptoms where he soaked the sheets with sweat, which was unexpected. We both had low grade fevers as well, his fever lasted longer than mine, but I had the lack of smell/taste that he didn't get. So odd how it affects different people so differently.

Good news is that in NE Ohio, cases and hospitalizations are now down this week. Finally feeling a little safer about being out and about. Even though we had covid and were fully vaxxed and had boosters. I worked today and it felt good to be out of the house (I am still wearing masks even though I saw a lot of others who did not).

Middle stepdaughter and her husband (living in TX) got covid AGAIN, for the 3rd time and are having a tough go of it, even though they are in their late 20s. They had it over the holidays the last bout so looks like they probably got omicron twice.
Well we've already had covid, and are vaxxed and boosted so I'm not worried too much. Just annoyed at the prospect of this again and especially quarantine. It's not mandatory to go into quarantine anymore here, but I would feel bad going around spreading this to people so I will stay in anway.
Sorry to hear your stepdaughter is sick again! Hope you all feel better soon :hug:

Just annoyed at the prospect of this again and especially quarantine. It's not mandatory to go into quarantine anymore here, but I would feel bad going around spreading this to people so I will stay in anway.

Good on you.

I don't know what the quarantine laws are in Texas. If I tested positive, I would not have to be forced to quarantine. Like you, I wouldn't want to give it to someone else.

CD

Good on you.

I don't know what the quarantine laws are in Texas. If I tested positive, I would not have to be forced to quarantine. Like you, I wouldn't want to give it to someone else.

CD
That's what I did, stayed home. Tested positive January 12 and didn't go anywhere for over 2 weeks, even though the CDC says that 5 days is enough. And of course I'll remain masked.

Back
Top Bottom