How is the corona virus affecting you?

I just realised one more time how awesome society is. I get all of my money, can do a lot of cool things at home and get a lot of "get well soon". I don't feel bad anymore, I'm just waiting for the symptoms to be gone, while listening to some podcasts related to my school

Like the saying goes, "If life gives you lemons, make lemonade." If you have to quarantine, you may as well find a way to enjoy it. :okay:

CD

I worked yesterday! It was good to get out of the house. Going to a superbowl "party" on Sunday...it will be just me and my husband going over to the in-laws house. Just the four of us. I don't care anything about the game, it will just be nice to visit with them and eat typical superbowl snacky type foods. She is serving the typical wings, dips, and shrimp cocktail.

The Super Bowl has the potential to be a huge super spreader. I know that the estimated 70,000 spectators attending the actual game will be required to show proof of vaccination.

Super Bowl parties are a whole different thing. The vaccinated and anti-vaxxers alike will be hosting and attending SB parties. Bars will be packed, including in States like mine where there are no vaccination or mask mandates for pretty much anything/anywhere.

CD

The Super Bowl has the potential to be a huge super spreader. I know that the estimated 70,000 spectators attending the actual game will be required to show proof of vaccination.

Super Bowl parties are a whole different thing. The vaccinated and anti-vaxxers alike will be hosting and attending SB parties. Bars will be packed, including in States like mine where there are no vaccination or mask mandates for pretty much anything/anywhere.

CD
Yeah, I know, lots of people will go boldly forward with parties, just like the holiday gatherings at the end of last year. Good news is that cases are down a lot in NE Ohio, so hopefully it will stay that way even after the superbowl. There were 12 cases per 100,000 people over the past 7 days for my county. I'm going over to the Toledo area (NW Ohio) for work Tuesday. I just checked the cases for their area and only slightly higher than here (33 cases per 100,000). Parts of southern Ohio aren't doing nearly as well.

Edited to ask how the cases are in your part of Texas?

Ford and Toyota have had to shut down production at plants in Canada and the United States because car parts are being delayed at two key border points. Stellantis, which makes Chrysler vehicles, has also seen production disrupted. So, thousands of autoworkers are losing income because of the so called "Freedom Convoy."

CD

Ford and Toyota have had to shut down production at plants in Canada and the United States because car parts are being delayed at two key border points. Stellantis, which makes Chrysler vehicles, has also seen production disrupted. So, thousands of autoworkers are losing income because of the so called "Freedom Convoy."

CD
Maybe we need an old-style “Detroit airlift,” like they had back in Berlin after the war.

Well, I seem to have sweated it out last night. No fever during the day today, and the headache is gone too. Stomach is a little uneasy, and I have to see if the fever stays away tonight. But if so, that means I got off pretty lightly 🤞
Science rules! The vaccines kept us from getting too ill, no hospital thankfully. I am glad you are feeing better!

The night will prove it, usually even when I feel better during the day I'm only really cured if the fever doesn't come back at night.
I am hoping your experience with this turns out to be better than mine. I had good days and bad days, and still had the mental fog and fatigue after the fever had subsided. But I am much older than you are and younger people seem to recover more quickly. :hug:

CD
I can vouch for the SOFI stadium, we were there in November for a concert and they checked our vax records which we displayed on our phones and we kept our masks on almost the entire time except to drink bottled water (beer in my case). The stadium is "open-air" but only because the sides are not enclosed, so a cross wind blows through (there is still a roof). Pretty amazing building from an architectural point of view.

Good point about the parties. lets see if there is a corresponding spike in cases by end of week.

Back
Top Bottom