How is the corona virus affecting you?

Still sneezing a little, headache off and on. But no more fever, and my energy level is coming back. It's better than last week which I suppose was the incubation period for Covid. I even managed to cook a Valentine's feast today. But staying indoors until sunday anyway.

OK, the Netherlands have now swung from one extreme to the other. From being the strictest nation in Europe and the only one in lockdown a month ago, now we're letting of almost all restrictions in one go!

Remaining covid measures:
-Masks in gatherings bigger than 500 attendees , otherwise no more mask mandates anywhere
-Covid passports for acces to restaurants, events and cultural venues until the end of february, then to be removed as a limitation
-Opening of nightclubs, events and party venues for the first time in two years from february 25th, no acces without covid passport and negative tests for an unspecified amount of time
-After infection, mandatory quarantaine is limited to 5 days if you're symptom free or have been symptom free for 24 hours

So no more mask mandate, no more social distancing, soon no more covid passes in anything but nightclubs and big events. No more mandatory working from home either. All from next week onwards.

Wish you good luck, my neighbor. Germany planned on lowering the restrictions as well, then omicron came and Berlin was hit pretty hard, so now they've postponed the new rules to the point after omicron.

Wish you good luck, my neighbor. Germany planned on lowering the restrictions as well, then omicron came and Berlin was hit pretty hard, so now they've postponed the new rules to the point after omicron.
Thank you ❤ but the Netherlands have constantly swung between two extremes so I am expecting this will not last and after summer we'll be back at square one with a new variant or something.
Germany's more moderate approach has proven more sensible I think

Thank you ❤ but the Netherlands have constantly swung between two extremes so I am expecting this will not last and after summer we'll be back at square one with a new variant or something.
Germany's more moderate approach has proven more sensible I think
That could happen. Right now it's Omicron and for that to happen we would need to see another variant dominate Omicron that is highly transmissible and more virulent with mutations that effect immune escape. Hopefully we don't see that and the pandemic becomes more endemic, which is what is happening now. Even though I have my fingers crossed another variant is inevitable considering the population around the world that don't even have 1 vaccination. My province of Ontario just announced some reductions in restrictions and a few Provinces, 4 I believe, are dropping most restrictions by the end of the month.

I don't believe that we fought better against COVID than any other country. All around the world people are still fighting COVID with all their energy and I believe someday we'll win over COVID, all together.

Edit: I can imagine that some people from Hollywood are already planning the first COVID blockbuster with Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson as the doctor, who founds the perfect vaccine.

Last edited:
I don't believe that we fought better against COVID than any other country. All around the world people are still fighting COVID with all their energy and I believe someday we'll win over COVID, all together.

Edit: I can imagine that some people from Hollywood are already planning the first COVID blockbuster with Dwayne "the Rock" Johnson as the doctor, who founds the perfect vaccine.
Going to be hard to beat 'I am Legend' with Will Smith. I also have my doubts that Hollywood could actually make a good film anymore.

Back on topic: Is the Coronapocalypse coming to an end soon? North America seems to think its over, I keep seeing less and less masks in stores, but I am keeping mine on. I also hear a few big concerts coming up will not be requiring masks at all :facepalm:

Back on topic: Is the Coronapocalypse coming to an end soon? North America seems to think its over, I keep seeing less and less masks in stores, but I am keeping mine on. I also hear a few big concerts coming up will not be requiring masks at all :facepalm:
Masks will be the last to go in Canada I think. In Canada most provinces have a roadmap to remove restrictions with 5 provinces out of 10 have already removed most with the rest to be removed by the end of the month, so I suspect most provinces will remove most restrictions by april/may. The mask thing is mostly political as you saw at the super bowl, who was wearing a mask? lol.

Around here, it’s mostly back to normal, with the exception that masks are required in doctor’s offices. I know there isn’t anything, really, that I want to do that I’m not able to do.

Mask usage, just guessing, is down to probably 20% at the shops. I’m definitely in the minority. Workers are wearing them more, but even that has lessened considerably.

Fully vaccinated remains stuck in my county at 45%, where it’s been for weeks and weeks. Daily shots are in the low single digits.

Back
Top Bottom