How is the corona virus affecting you?

Last edited:
Well, the press conference has just been held.

Most Covid rules have been relaxed, but not all. The lockdown is over, but letting go of the rules entirely like the rest of Europe is still not something our politicians will consider. So, here's a list.

Improvements:
- All essential and non essential stores can open from 05.00 to 22.00
- All restaurants, bars, entertainment venues and cultural institutions and events can re open at the same times
- All contact sports and businesses may resume their activities

More of the same as before:
- Night clubs, discotheques, hotels etc still have to stay closed at night unless it's only for sleeping (in hotels), a hotel can have guests in their rooms but they can't have a bar open at night
- You can only enter any public leisure place with a QR code, only essential stores and facilities are accesible without it
- Masks are obligatory in all public spaces unless you are sitting down at a designated area
- Social distancing is still mandatory
- People should work from home as much as possible

In 3 weeks we're going back in lockdown if the numbers become too high which they say they will likely be. This while the WHO has said we're in the endgame of this pandemic, but our government says they disagree because well as usual our government is special..

In other words, back and forth as they have been through the entire pandemic.

Robert Lemay, a former Washington State Trooper, became an anti-vaxxer hero when he lost his job because he refused to obey a vaccine mandate. He even made it onto FoxNews. Last Friday, Robert Lemay died of Covid-19. He left behind a wife and four children. What a sad, and avoidable death.

Oh, FoxNews has not mentioned his death.

CD

You can only enter any public leisure place with a QR code, only essential stores and facilities are accesible without it
- Masks are obligatory in all public spaces unless you are sitting down at a designated area
- Social distancing is still mandatory
- People should work from home as much as possible

Here QR codes are mandatory indoors and outdoors period (NSW & ACT). So even if you stop to pick up a coffee from a stall or hole in the wall, you scan in and out. Doesn't matter that you're waiting outside, you still scan in and out.
Masks are mandatory indoors.
Most wear them outdoors as well. It's easier.
Working from home, yep. You actually have to book into the office in advance and fill out a whole load of paperwork and get it approved before you can go into the office at my husband's company.

That´s sort of "Fox you", right?

Here is a video that goes really hard on Rupert Murdoch and his media empire over the death of State Trooper Robert Lemay. They made him into an anti-vax hero... then he died of Covid. Now, they are completely silent.

There is a GoFundMe page set up for Lemay's wife and four kids. This video challenges Murdoch to make a big donation to the family. Trooper Lemay was the sole source of income for the family. I hope he at least had the sense of responsibility to purchase life insurance.

BTW, Murdoch's FOXnews has a vaccine mandate in place for ALL of its employees.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4G1x4bR4Qdo

CD

Finally the CDC does a study on natural immunity, whom I've criticized from the very beginning for not looking at natural immunity as far as part of the conversation related to passports and other more nuanced mitigation, like most of the world does. BTW Canada has been crickets on this as well.

The actual study:

COVID-19 Cases and Hospitalizations by COVID-19 ...

https://stacks.cdc.gov/view/cdc/113253
I know several people who've contracted Covid-19 twice. So much for natural immunity.

Many people who got Covid a first time figured they wouldn't get it again because of natural immunity. Then they got it again.

CD
Yeah, it was really bad for this one lady. She'd been vaxxed and boosted, got it August and then got it again in November. Her hair was falling out and she couldn't walk more than 2 blocks. She's getting better finally but scared to go anywhere.

Not everyone builds up natural immunity, apparently. The people I know who caught it twice were just as sick the second time as they were the first.
The immunity they had was for Delta or an earlier variant not Omicron. Omicron is immune evasive which if you remember was a concern originally with the 30 or so mutations effecting the ACE2 receptors. Neither vaccination or natural immunity protects against that. Our B cells and t cells protect against severe disease and fortunately that's still very effective. The boosters are to generate antibodies to mitigate the initial infections but in the absence of antibodies new antibodies are produced by our B cells but that can take a few days, hence the inital infection that we're seeing now but generally less extreme outcomes.

Last edited:
Many people who got Covid a first time figured they wouldn't get it again because of natural immunity. Then they got it again.

CD
None of the Pharmaceutical companies ever said it protects against further infection and only ever said the vaccinations where to lessen severe outcomes of hospitalizations and death, which in that regard are very good. I suspect it was misinterpreted by most media and people from the beginning.

EDIT: I thought vaccines, read my previous post on natural immunity, sorry about that.

Back
Top Bottom