How is the corona virus affecting you?

I havnt worn a mask yet, wife hasn't either. Deaths up to 5, mainly from a rest home 30 min drive from me. A cluster and expecting more. We don't go over that way, it's a bit of a rough area.

Russ

When is the normal flu season in New Zealand? That's when you will face your greatest risk.

CD

When is the normal flu season in New Zealand? That's when you will face your greatest risk.

CD

Winter here is June July August. I hate winter with a vengeance. I had the flu twice late last year, I hardly ever get the flu. I don't get flu jabs either. I see trumps blaming fauci now!!

Russ

I'm actually looking forward to my next online order of groceries. First, it's kind of like playing a slot machine, to see what'll be in stock, and second, it's a good way to pass the time to see how many boxes they can manage to ship it in.

Last time, it was three boxes in two days for seven items. I can't wait until it's something like nine boxes for seven items. :laugh:

Same here and on delivery day there's always one or two things missing now ' due to unexpected demand'. No cheese for me this morning.

Hard to work out which of Trump or Bolsanaro is more ridiculous. Both of them contrive to make Bo-Zo look statesmanlike.

Meanwhile, a first venture out of doors for just over a week. Had a waddle to the Co-op at about quarter to seven yesterday evening. It was quiet and fairly well-stocked. Lots and lots of bogroll. No pasta or eggs. No bread fresh from the bakery, but plenty of packaged stuff. Rice was rather scarce, but grabbed some brown basmati. We got a reasonable haul.

[Mod. comment]:

Can I please ask folk to keep on topic in this thread. I am sure that many of us have strong views about how our political leaders are dealing with the Coronavirus pandemic, but this particular thread is to do with how Coronavirus is affecting our day to day life in terms of work, food, cooking, dealing with lockdown etc.

Of course, its obvious that some or all of those things may be influenced by the actions of our politicians. If people would like a thread to seriously and politely debate how politicians are dealing with the situation in our various countries then we can start a new thread.

Last edited:
Stupid Kroger online ordering! 😠

I tried ordering 12 items online. First, they've stopped taking digital coupons for online delivery orders.

Second, out of my 12 items, they had one. One. Disposable razors. $6 for razors, $5 to ship, so that was a no.

They didn't have dill pickles. They didn't have Raisin Bran, for crying out loud. And, on top of that, they redesigned their app so that now it won't tell you something's out of stock until you check out. Before, it would display right up front. That means you get to go through the pain of shopping for your whole <BLEEP> order before you find out you're not getting anything. WTF?

I'm actually considering ordering a 25-lb bag of flour direct from a small family mill. Where in the hell am I going to put a 25-lb bag of flour?!?!

Like my parents used to say, I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed. 😞

Stupid Kroger online ordering! 😠

I tried ordering 12 items online. First, they've stopped taking digital coupons for online delivery orders.

Second, out of my 12 items, they had one. One. Disposable razors. $6 for razors, $5 to ship, so that was a no.

They didn't have dill pickles. They didn't have Raisin Bran, for crying out loud. And, on top of that, they redesigned their app so that now it won't tell you something's out of stock until you check out. Before, it would display right up front. That means you get to go through the pain of shopping for your whole <BLEEP> order before you find out you're not getting anything. WTF?

I'm actually considering ordering a 25-lb bag of flour direct from a small family mill. Where in the hell am I going to put a 25-lb bag of flour?!?!

Like my parents used to say, I'm not mad, I'm just really disappointed. 😞

I think maybe we are a bit luckier in the UK. Being a smaller country, supermarket deliveries are well established here in most areas. Having said that, they have all been in a sort of melt down due to massive demand. Mostly though, if you can find a delivery slot, its not too bad. Mostly though, you can't find a delivery slot!

I think because I check frequently and 'score' a delivery slot, I've been lucky and have had deliveries (from Ocado & Morrisons).

I think because I check frequently and 'score' a delivery slot, I've been lucky and have had deliveries (from Ocado & Morrisons).
You're lucky.
In Aus they have stopped all deliveries except to priority assist customers (disabled, compromised immunity, health care workers etc). They have also stopped all pick up in store.
I qualified (eventually, that's another story entirely with me being a Brit in Australia and hence not on the NDIS (basically entitle to disability benefits) ), I qualified for priority assist with the help if my doctor. I was 'awarded' home delivery. Great I thought until I tried to put my address into the system. They are still not delivering to my area (this is despite their lorries driving within 10 mins driving of my house! ).
So I can have priority assist with home delivery being assigned a very tight delivery slot but I can't have it delivered to my home. Better still most of what I actually want isn't available online and because I'm immunocompromised, I didn't qualify for the ability to shop in store in three hour before it opens (3 times a week only), so I still have to shop in store but during normal working hours... go figure!

Back
Top Bottom