How is the corona virus affecting you?

Our beautiful government boasts of a "hostile environment" for immigrants. The whole Brexit fiasco is based on bigotry and who is holding our health service together? People from all over the world. All of the doctors who have died in the UK and most of the health service workers are people from other countries.

I'm sorry if I sound angry, but that's because I bloody well am.

We scored some yeast at the restaurant supply today, 2 pounds. Craig had the idea of looking in there for it when he went to get water and sodas. What we'll do with that over the next 15 months, plus what's left in the 4 oz jar I got right before this all started i don't know, but at least we'll have bread!

Hopefully, I just scored 4 quart bottles of 99% isopropyl alcohol at a decent price that is actually in stock from a local lab so I can make hand sanitizer for us. I'll find out Monday for sure as they closed early today for Good Friday. More than I wanted, but that was minimum amount available right now.

Still have some on order from another place, but they keep putting me off on shipping date. That order will get cancelled if and when I get my hands on the local stuff.

Just a tip for everyone having trouble getting isopropyl alcohol. Go to the liquor store and get some Everclear. Different kind of alcohol, but just as effective.

CD

Just a tip for everyone having trouble getting isopropyl alcohol. Go to the liquor store and get some Everclear. Different kind of alcohol, but just as effective.

CD

Actually, it was recommended not to use everclear or the like when I was looking for recipes. I don't remember the reason, but each person needs to do their own research before making your own.

Our beautiful government boasts of a "hostile environment" for immigrants. The whole Brexit fiasco is based on bigotry and who is holding our health service together? People from all over the world. All of the doctors who have died in the UK and most of the health service workers are people from other countries.

I'm sorry if I sound angry, but that's because I bloody well am.
Yep. You nailed it.

A few years ago I was knocked off my bike. One of the paramedics that picked me off the road was from the Carribean, the A&E doctor who assesed me was Italian, the Maxilo-Facial surgeon who sewed my face back together was Pakistani, the nurse who washed the blood off me was Irish. The surgeon who put my broken and dislocated shoulder back in place was English, the Anaethetist was Polish (I think). The dentist who reconstructed my front teeth was Indian,

God bless the British NHS.

Two hundred years ago Britain went out to conquer and subjugate the World. Today the World comes to Britain to be part of something special, and anyone who rejects the people who come to join us here are just manky turds who deserve to be treated as if we are back in the 1920s.

Just my opinion.

Yep. You nailed it.

A few years ago I was knocked off my bike. One of the paramedics that picked me off the road was from the Carribean, the A&E doctor who assesed me was Italian, the Maxilo-Facial surgeon who sewed my face back together was Pakistani, the nurse who washed the blood off me was Irish. The surgeon who put my broken and dislocated shoulder back in place was English, the Anaethetist was Polish (I think). The dentist who reconstructed my front teeth was Indian,

God bless the British NHS.

Two hundred years ago Britain went out to conquer and subjugate the World. Today the World comes to Britain to be part of something special, and anyone who rejects the people who come to join us here are just manky turds who deserve to be treated as if we are back in the 1920s.

Just my opinion.

My roots go back to Cornwall, three brothers moved here. I came to the uk first in 98 to visit the town they were from, I took pics of my rellies in cemeteries from a few hundred years ago. We prolly spent £3,000 to 4K on our trip. I'm not a Brit but have roots there. Hope you don't put me in the others immigrants? I was a paying visitor,lol.
:)

Russ

Buongiorno a tutti,
I have email last night to say one of my brother die from virus, he live in Ravello. I not so close with Gianni we speak little since I come UK he is eldest 67. I am upset I can not even go light candle for him in church. I phone his children an say I go when this over to pay respect. He not ill he very fit man he spend most of life in army.

Happy Easter every one I hope God keep you safe.

Sarana x

Buongiorno a tutti,
I have email last night to say one of my brother die from virus, he live in Ravello. I not so close with Gianni we speak little since I come UK he is eldest 67. I am upset I can not even go light candle for him in church. I phone his children an say I go when this over to pay respect. He not ill he very fit man he spend most of life in army.

Happy Easter every one I hope God keep you safe.

Sarana x
I'm so sorry to hear that Sarana. I think the cruellest aspect of this pandemic is not being able to be with loved ones when they are seriously ill. We will be lighting some candles at home today, and will light an extra one for your brother.

I'm so sorry to hear that Sarana. I think the cruellest aspect of this pandemic is not being able to be with loved ones when they are seriously ill. We will be lighting some candles at home today, and will light an extra one for your brother.
Grazie,
Very kind for you to do this.
Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom