How is the corona virus affecting you?

Well, once all this ramped up, I made the comment that it would probably push me into trying home delivery of non-perishable pantry items, and I did that today.

Easy enough to do, but just about every go****n thing I wanted was out of stock. Geez, I'm not ordering it from the local store, but from the blasted warehouse. How in god's name is dishwasher rinse cycle juice out of <censored> stock?!?!

Well, once all this ramped up, I made the comment that it would probably push me into trying home delivery of non-perishable pantry items, and I did that today.

Easy enough to do, but just about every go****n thing I wanted was out of stock. Geez, I'm not ordering it from the local store, but from the blasted warehouse. How in god's name is dishwasher rinse cycle juice out of <censored> stock?!?!
Some thing no make sense. No logic in grab just grab.

Sarana x

Like a very bad Spielberg movie.

We had a tv at work, we watched in horror. Absolute horror. My wife has a friend who is a icu nurse. She's around 50, when we had the nutter kill 51 Muslims at two mosques here last year all the young doctors and nurses couldn't handle the horror, all the older staff ended up doing all the work.

Russ

Quiet.
We are 1 1/2 blocks from a very busy 4 lane road. I usually hear lots of traffic noise and sirens from emergency vehicles nonstop . Very little traffic noise and only the occasional siren .
I just realized something else . We live about two miles from the airport, in the direct landing path and just slightly off of the take off path. The air traffic starts at 5 a.m. and continues until 10/11 p.m. Commercial flights, private planes, helicopters, UPS and FedEx and the occasional military jet.
Silence
This is quieter than when we bought the house in '87
I hear only a little traffic noise
Mostly I hear the birds and the wind rustling in the trees .

He is trying to run away this young?
He's not trying to run away, but I don't want to give him the chance. He's very curious, and he wants to explore everything. This is as much of a commentary on the people who might (or might not) be watching him at any given moment. I've had my teenagers leave him unattended for long periods of time indoors, and I don't want that to happen outside. We've never had issues with any of our pugs running away: at worst, they stay close to the house. Our Boston Terrier, on the other hand, could easily be attracted by things across the street. He used to bolt when he had a chance, and fortunately there weren't any cars driving past when she did.

My stepsons will return to us on sunday and then stay for four weeks straight to compensate their mom for the lockdown time she did.
Will be challenging as they are unable to understand the Corona situation very well due to their autism and they have particular trouble with the current limited food supply of their safe staples like hotdogs and potatoes.
Our family therapist said the eldest has severe issues by his OCD right now because of all the ' wash your hands' advice everywhere. He's washing them for at least three hours a day, and the psychiatrist refuses to consider it urgent enough to see him. His hands are bleeding, it's pretty concerning.

My husband and I are OK, we've both been symptom free for long enough now and can be getting back to normal slowly. I will remain careful for as long as I need to though, being in an at risk group.

All good here, death toll is 2. We went for a drive this afternoon with pre arranged alibis of where we were going, we needed to get out.daughter and son at her "friends " house. Nice quiet dinner of brand and eggs on toast. I will sneak out to get some more rum from my contact. Sunny day here helped.
Stay safe folks.

Russ

My stepsons will return to us on sunday and then stay for four weeks straight to compensate their mom for the lockdown time she did.
Will be challenging as they are unable to understand the Corona situation very well due to their autism and they have particular trouble with the current limited food supply of their safe staples like hotdogs and potatoes.
Our family therapist said the eldest has severe issues by his OCD right now because of all the ' wash your hands' advice everywhere. He's washing them for at least three hours a day, and the psychiatrist refuses to consider it urgent enough to see him. His hands are bleeding, it's pretty concerning.

My husband and I are OK, we've both been symptom free for long enough now and can be getting back to normal slowly. I will remain careful for as long as I need to though, being in an at risk group.
I am so happy you both OK Bella.

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom