How is the corona virus affecting you?

Ciao a tutti,
Hope everyone OK an those sick feeling better.
So I hear from BBC news on TV that Tiger in New York Zoo have virus! This sound as bad development if wild life get how we isolate? What if it get into farm animal? Do we eat infected meats? Experts say virus may not live on food but what off fresh meats if come from infected animal? News say this unique how they know?

Sarana x

Advice here is to limit shopping trips to once a week where possible, which is sensible. The more frequently people go shopping the more the virus will spread. I've got an Aldi at the end of my road and was used to popping along there if I 'needed' something for a recipe I was developing/photographing - fresh parsley, for example, to garnish. Also for day to day stuff that runs out - milk, for example. Now I'm simply not doing it - I go without and wait until I have a sensible amount to buy at once. At the moment I have no milk or any milk substitute, so I'm drinking black tea rather than going out to get just one thing. I'm literally worried every time I go in a supermarket, even though 'distancing' and sanitising measures are in place.
We're doing the same thing, just once a week, where I used to go at least every other day (and sometimes every day) for this and that.

The one thing I don't like about that is, when I had just a few items per visit, I could use the self-checkout and never be around another person, but with a full cart, I have to go through a staffed checkout line, and that means people behind and in front of me, and two people touching my groceries.

Next time, I'm going to use their scan-and-bag feature. I've used it plenty before, but it's not that reliable, so for a big order, it'll probably crap out and I'll have to get employee assistance anyway, but if it works, no interaction at all.

We need chicken wire so we can cover the small openings in the fence, so our puppy doesn't run away. That can wait until tomorrow.

He is trying to run away this young? Wow, even my current little black boy didn't try to run away until he was 4-5 months old. I would take him out to potty in an unfenced back yard and he'd never get more than a few feet away from me until the day he saw a car driving down the street a couple of houses down. I will never forget him taking off running after it and rounding the corner of the house catty-corner in back of us. Fortunately, neither the road the car was on or the road it turned onto were traveled much. And I didn't even get far running after him as less than a minute later he came flying back around the house behind us and came right to me. Some of the longest seconds of my life though. That was the last time he went out without a harness and a leash. He's pulled the leash out of mine and Craig's hands a time or 2 to either try to run after a car or being his big bad self and running to "chase" a person or dog or duck(s) away (he gets up to them and decides they can be friends immediately, well except for the ducks, they are the 👹 as far as he's concerned ). He's a strong little bull pug and very territorial.

My first little black boy always stuck fairly close to me. He'd wander off if the malamute/golden retriever mix we had managed to push out the chain link fence or pop the gate open with her nose and the other pugs went with her, but never on his own. He wasn't with us for the first year or so of his life and I strongly suspect he was abused by 1 of his people from some of his behaviors. We had lots of problems with him and it took him a long time to settle in. He didn't like me leaving him at all and acted out, but after several years he decided I'd come back and stopped the acting out. When he was older, he stuck like glue to me. I could take him out unleashed and he'd stay within 3 feet of me regardless of what was going on around him. Nobody could believe it.

I picked up the stuff 2 days ago to make the "blue shop towel" masks. Got to enjoy standing in line in the South Florida sun and heat to get into Walmart even though I was only picking up an online order. Would have been nice had they offered curbside pickup line most other merchants for online orders, would have made the line shorter by at least 2 people (me and another woman) and would have reduced exposure. They did have the 6' marked off though once you got up close to the store, though most people were pretty good about separating even before we got that far. Since I was stuck going in there anyway, picked up a few items we were either out of or nearly out of. Got to make a trip out today to get the all important booze. Walmart in South Florida only carries a very limited selection of beer, and most of it not the good stuff, and wine, again, not really anything decent. They have to have a dedicated liquor store for anything stronger.

Today was my first day back at work, got through it ok. I have altered my hours so that I go to and from with TVC, no way am i ready to walk just yet, still get out of breath.
I was informed I look a bit ropey, a pretty accurate description to be fair :laugh:

Wifes hospital is getting patients from as far away as the Netherlands. Amazing how they are getting here,, but they are.

We go every second day, no problems, 5 min wait at most. We are getting through the milk though, someone here said you can freeze it. I'll try that. We also have food in the garden. And preserves.

Russ

I went to our regional supermarket last week. I brought gloves and a zip bag of wipes . Didn't need them. There was an attendant at the door with gloves and wipes. I had my own bags, laundered that morning and again as soon as I got home. I brought an ice chest for my cold food
I did not want to feel rushed while wiping every thing down.
That was probably the last in store shopping for a while. I will do curbside pickup from Walmart. If either of us gets sick that will change to delivery.

Today was my first day back at work, got through it ok. I have altered my hours so that I go to and from with TVC, no way am i ready to walk just yet, still get out of breath.
I was informed I look a bit ropey, a pretty accurate description to be fair :laugh:

Ropey, a new one on me!! A bit rough???
:)

Rus

Ropey, a new one on me!! A bit rough???
:)

Rus

Yep - in ‘Chambers Slang Dictionary’, Jonathon Green suggests a derivation from ‘roup’, a form of catarrh and originally a disease of poultry. From the late 18th century it was used, according to Green, to describe an object or person that was ‘second-rate, inadequate, run-down, etc.

Yep - in ‘Chambers Slang Dictionary’, Jonathon Green suggests a derivation from ‘roup’, a form of catarrh and originally a disease of poultry. From the late 18th century it was used, according to Green, to describe an object or person that was ‘second-rate, inadequate, run-down, etc.
:okay: now I understand what word mean, hear many time but I no understand it!

Sarana x

Back
Top Bottom