How is the corona virus affecting you?

Buongiorno a tutti,
I hope all OK.
Most people not so bad. We have small high street for shopping, few day before the lock down come shop that sell seconds of chain store goods close. Ray come home yesterday from drive nurses to work an home tell me new shop open. They selling toilet roll, sanitizer, bleaches an other clean product. No so unusual but Ray say they cheaper than big Tesco supermarket an is all branded item. Andrex, Cushelle. He have baby nappy lady product everything. Ray buy some toilet roll an Dettol wipe that I like.

Nice to see people try help an not rip off.
Sarana x

Our family therapist said the eldest has severe issues by his OCD right now because of all the ' wash your hands' advice everywhere. He's washing them for at least three hours a day, and the psychiatrist refuses to consider it urgent enough to see him. His hands are bleeding, it's pretty concerning.

This is so distressing - I was thinking the other day about the severe effects this situation must be having on people with mental illness or learning disabilities.

Our family therapist said the eldest has severe issues by his OCD right now because of all the ' wash your hands' advice everywhere. He's washing them for at least three hours a day, and the psychiatrist refuses to consider it urgent enough to see him. His hands are bleeding, it's pretty concerning.
I am sorry hear this Bella.
Sarana x

This is so distressing - I was thinking the other day about the severe effects this situation must be having on people with mental illness or learning disabilities.

Yes it's pretty rough and we're not the only ones struggling with this. Of course preventing deaths from Corona is more important but he's really suffering and I think they should offer more resources for people like him in these stressful times. It's hard enough for people without mental illness, let alone for those with severe mental illness like him.

We've been freezer diving and also hit Fart n Smile aka Smart and Final grocery around 2 PM when restocking is in high gear. Customers staking out and milling around the delivery trucks on the stores rear loading dock. An eye opener.

You can clearly see what food sux because it’s the only thing left on the grocer shelves.

Maruchan Ramen especially beef flavor still all there, but the Nissin flavors all gone. Red Baron frozen pizza all flavors and types untouched but all the other pizza brands leaving massive freezer shelves empty.
The really poor quality bacon remains but better than no bacon. Dog isn't particular. I feed cheap O beer to the wild burros in the desert too,, they aren't brand particular either.

Shira:
5c0bbcd3-06bd-4b98-b45f-6ef0e63a2733-jpeg.jpg

Kids breakfast. Nothing inspired, but could be worse. The good thing is this child has been on a liquid diet most their life and is now eating solids and holding it down:
677fad2d-95a2-4343-8dbb-59364588b1c2-jpeg.jpg

b6981c75-6b10-4b27-acb9-c8535dd1d46b-jpeg.jpg

Going to smoke some back ribs today. I usually smoke enough for the neighbors but everyone is in lock down avoiding socializing and any contact . Not to be cheeky but Ill throw some onions on the coals along with the cherry and pecan hardwoods. With that the neighborhood permeates with the most fantastic aromas. Someone will surely want some ribs. I wager my texts will light up.

High stress at the wife's medical center. She comes home after 12 long hours overnight pretty shook. Lots of false positives and they wonder if they are getting false negative tests too. Can't trust anything out of China.

This virus situation I fear may be more devastating for the worlds economies that predicted.

I got my first online grocery order delivered. These items:

Two sponges
Dishwasher rinse fluid
Two boxes artificial tears
Mixed nuts
2-lb bag of flour

That little bit came in three boxes. The little bag of flour...separate box. The little container of mixed nuts...separate box.

The latest news email from the city shows 8 new confirmed cases in Frisco. We now have 94. However, 39 have recovered. :okay: We only have one death, so far.

My zip code has the highest number of confirmed cases in the city with 36 of the total 94 cases. :unsure:

CD

Hopefully, I just scored 4 quart bottles of 99% isopropyl alcohol at a decent price that is actually in stock from a local lab so I can make hand sanitizer for us. I'll find out Monday for sure as they closed early today for Good Friday. More than I wanted, but that was minimum amount available right now.

Still have some on order from another place, but they keep putting me off on shipping date. That order will get cancelled if and when I get my hands on the local stuff.

We each have a container of wipes in our vehicles. We also have gloves and a few masks. I do not use wipes or sanitizer in the house. I have a couple of spray bottles with a bleach water mixture for cleaning. A good supply of antibacterial soap - both liquid and bar soap
I do not see the need for wipes in home.
All of my kitchen towels are white They may have stains but they are sanitary. I started using white kitchen towels long before before Covid19.
My washer has a long, hot sanitary cycle. I use that cycle for my kitchen towels with a generous amount of bleach.
In the house I have no need for sanitary wipes. Clean towels and bleach water spray

We have wipes, but, unfortunately, Craig's job requires him to work on fire station equipment so he has to be out and about, and I'd like him to have something more than the wipes.

He actually has something better than bleach, but both are hard on the skin. We have a chemical called Nolvasan that is used in animal husbandry, that we use to clean snake cages.

Back
Top Bottom