How is the corona virus affecting you?

So my husband had told me that they had put signs up in the park asking park visitors to please observe social distancing of 6 feet or more and to warn other guests if they would be passing them from behind (like runners or fast walkers). He also said that now the trails were all marked for one way travel and had been widened. I was relieved to hear that and went to pick up my sister so we could take a walk in the park (wooded trails near the Tuscarawas river, a very nice park).

Out of over 30 people that we saw during our walk, only 5 of them walked the correct direction and paid attention to the one-way travel signs, and 6 runners said nothing as they sped past us from behind, not giving us time to move over--they were panting heavily within a few feet of us as they passed. I saw 3 different groups of people (4 or more), mostly younger (teens and 20s) walking towards us side by side during our walk. My sister and I filed single to allow for social distancing, but they did not move into single file and walked side by side within breathing distance of us. So disrespectful.

Even if there weren't signs up that they either were ignoring or somehow did not notice, how is it that by now people don't understand the concept of staying 6 feet away from other people?

Even if there weren't signs up that they either were ignoring or somehow did not notice, how is it that by now people don't understand the concept of staying 6 feet away from other people?

Its 2 metres here which is more or less the same as 6 ft. I often see folk on the street in front of my house not sticking to this. It upsets me because its really not that difficult to do unless you find yourself in a very crowded place - and my street is certainly not crowded.

To avoid all those hassles regarding COVID-19, I just stay home. It is so ridiculous how they are treating this disease!! I known about social distancing, but my God, it seems like everywhere you go, this is a bit annoying!! Even at the stores!

So my husband had told me that they had put signs up in the park asking park visitors to please observe social distancing of 6 feet or more and to warn other guests if they would be passing them from behind (like runners or fast walkers). He also said that now the trails were all marked for one way travel and had been widened. I was relieved to hear that and went to pick up my sister so we could take a walk in the park (wooded trails near the Tuscarawas river, a very nice park).

Out of over 30 people that we saw during our walk, only 5 of them walked the correct direction and paid attention to the one-way travel signs, and 6 runners said nothing as they sped past us from behind, not giving us time to move over--they were panting heavily within a few feet of us as they passed. I saw 3 different groups of people (4 or more), mostly younger (teens and 20s) walking towards us side by side during our walk. My sister and I filed single to allow for social distancing, but they did not move into single file and walked side by side within breathing distance of us. So disrespectful.

Arrogance. "I am young. I won't get it. I am not concerned about infecting my elder family members."

To avoid all those hassles regarding COVID-19, I just stay home. It is so ridiculous how they are treating this disease!! I known about social distancing, but my God, it seems like everywhere you go, this is a bit annoying!! Even at the stores!
That's why I just use the curbside pickup for the stores, simple enough. And walking in the park, that's fine they don't have a mask, but I wish they would please not breathe on me, especially those runners or walkers who are panting heavily. I might have to go back to walking the backroads again. I like the park because it's pretty and more quiet than walking on the roads, and ideally it should be safer since there are no cars, but if someone gives me their COVID it's no longer safe. :(

On a flight last Week - full plane, all seats filled. When checking in on-line a screen pops up that says masks/face covering required. Pre boarding announcement says "face covering" required. On board announcement says face covering REQUESTED and please don't confront others not wearing a mask as they may not be wearing one due to other issues and don't want to make them feel embarrassed.

I have a window seat, guy next to me in the middle seat - no mask 🤔🤔
An hour into a four hour and half hour flight middle seat guy starts snoring with his mouth open with his face toward me. Uh yea.. Nope.

I gently kicked him a few times, he woke up and looked at me - I said " shut your mouth and look ahead not at me, please". He then pulled potato chips out and starting eating them.

I just don't understand all the inconsistencies with social distancing. Strict enforcement in some areas at the airport and then let's pack 'em in like sardines on the plane. Unfortunately, I had no choice in travel as it was for work.

You know how stupid the average person is? Well, consider that 50% of people are even more stupid than that.

On a flight last Week - full plane, all seats filled. When checking in on-line a screen pops up that says masks/face covering required. Pre boarding announcement says "face covering" required. On board announcement says face covering REQUESTED and please don't confront others not wearing a mask as they may not be wearing one due to other issues and don't want to make them feel embarrassed.

I have a window seat, guy next to me in the middle seat - no mask 🤔🤔
An hour into a four hour and half hour flight middle seat guy starts snoring with his mouth open with his face toward me. Uh yea.. Nope.

I gently kicked him a few times, he woke up and looked at me - I said " shut your mouth and look ahead not at me, please". He then pulled potato chips out and starting eating them.

I just don't understand all the inconsistencies with social distancing. Strict enforcement in some areas at the airport and then let's pack 'em in like sardines on the plane. Unfortunately, I had no choice in travel as it was for work.

Yet another reason not to fly!!!!

I have not been to a full-fledged supermarket since March 16th. I've already a well stashed freezer with half a lamb (picked up March 11 on my last trip into Connecticut), and some pork from last fall. Other ingredients I get from the mom and pop small grocery in a neighboring town, or via online (Misfits Market, which is only in the US) and the local Massachusetts farm to table delivery service. And my own eggs. I have ordered some bison from a source out west, and I am beginning to grow crops for summer use. I did get to a moderate to small food establishment once - and as a "senior" I could get in when they opened. Wanted good butter, and some puff pastry from a brand that doesn't make me feel sick...

We are opening up slowly here. More businesses can open (with curbside delivery).

I've done takeout from a local breakfast / lunch diner twice so far. Things that I can eat in the car without being a slob. And another place I brought chicken wings home from, of which I ate half once home, and reserved the rest to re-heat.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom