How is the corona virus affecting you?

My colleagues 12 year old daughter wants the vaccine but ' a doctor' said that it could cause fertility problems so she is hesitant to have it because she wants kids when she gets older, thing is it may be true.

What may be true? Do you mean it may be true that the vaccine could cause fertility problems? I don't think any UK doctor would or should be saying that. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that at all, any more than with any other vaccine.

There is no evidence to suggest that COVID-19 vaccines will affect fertility and the ability to have children.
16 Aug 2021

COVID-19 vaccines: updates for August 2021

https://www.gov.uk › drug-safety-update › covid-19-vacc...

Also:

Why COVID Vaccines are Falsely Linked to Infertility

What may be true? Do you mean it may be true that the vaccine could cause fertility problems? I don't think any UK doctor would or should be saying that. There is absolutely nothing to suggest that at all, any more than with any other vaccine.

COVID-19 vaccines: updates for August 2021

https://www.gov.uk › drug-safety-update › covid-19-vacc...

Also:

Why COVID Vaccines are Falsely Linked to Infertility

Dr. Fauci addressed that on the Daily Show last night, in response to a viral tweet by Cardi B. Not only is there no evidence of reproductive consequences, but the physiological mechanisms to allow that aren't there. It's like saying I got a concussion from dropping a big rock on my foot.

CD

I know the Lincoln Project has a very specific agenda, but;

View: https://youtu.be/tK11VkicTzo
Terrible really. I think California is the worst for deaths. At least the deaths from the Delta variant aren't as bad and hopefully the new variants over the next few years and beyond follows that format and we'll only need a booster once a year or so. I know of a few municipalities in my province that have extended mask wearing until the end of March, suspecting the Delta variant being more transmissible and the fact winter and cold weather will force everyone inside and closer.

Terrible really. I think California is the worst for deaths. At least the deaths from the Delta variant aren't as bad and hopefully the new variants over the next few years and beyond follows that format and we'll only need a booster once a year or so. I know of a few municipalities in my province that have extended mask wearing until the end of March, suspecting the Delta variant being more transmissible and the fact winter and cold weather will force everyone inside and closer.

Early on, California and New York had the worst numbers, because of their huge populations. But now, Texas leads in number of new cases in a week, and Florida leads in number of new deaths per week.

I have gone back to wearing a mask in most public indoor spaces. A big "Thanks" to Governor Abbott and all the people in Texas who refuse to get the vaccine.

CD

One of our colleagues is a strict vegan and refuses to have the vaccine due to his beliefs-if he became ill you wouldn't know because he always looks really ill, a very bad advertisement for veganism.
And the whole irony is that all of the vaccines are actually vegan and kosher in their manufacturing process. Not an egg involved unlike a lot of others..

I'm not disputing that the discovery of the vaccine wasn't tested of animals but the actual content that goes into your arm is vegan & kosher... it's one if the things that been advertised regarding the vaccines here.

As an aside, what I don't understand what all of these people did when they traveled pre-covid days. Many countries require vaccination certificates for entry. The obvious and most advertised one being Yellow Fever. I know because it was one of the many vaccines hubby and I had to have before we could travel 10 years ago.
I was just reading that the drug companies that produced the vaccines say it is less effective as time goes on and boosters will be needed going forward
In Australia they have actually given a timeline for this and set it at 9 months and categorically stated that it can't happen with the flu vaccine annually. (We had to have a minimum of 2 weeks between the flu vaccination and the Covid-19 vaccinations here).

Last edited:
SatNav just reminded me that it is time to get the annual flu shot in the Northern hemisphere. Flu season is right around the corner.

I hope people don't think the Covid vaccine will cover all viruses, like the common flu.

CD

Early on, California and New York had the worst numbers, because of their huge populations. But now, Texas leads in number of new cases in a week, and Florida leads in number of new deaths per week.

I have gone back to wearing a mask in most public indoor spaces. A big "Thanks" to Governor Abbott and all the people in Texas who refuse to get the vaccine.

CD
Yeah, Texas isn't looking good, but it looks like Florida hasn't had many deaths, almost 0 since the middle of august, maybe my site for stats is wrong.

EDIT: checked another source and yeah it looks like Florida's 7 day average is 325. Not good. It looks like the death rate is dropping today was 6 apparently. Lets hope the Deltas reputation continues and is far less lethal.

Last edited:
Yeah, Texas isn't looking good, but it looks like Florida hasn't had many deaths, almost 0 since the middle of august, maybe my site for stats is wrong.

EDIT: checked another source and yeah it looks like Florida's 7 day average is 325. Not good.

Glad you checked those stats. You must have gotten the first stats from DeSantis.com. :laugh:

CD

Back
Top Bottom