How is the corona virus affecting you?

Are we beginning to see the first casualties from COVID among CB members who have recently disappeared from posting?

Are we beginning to see the first casualties from COVID among CB members who have recently disappeared from posting?

Not to my knowledge. But maybe I wouldn't know. Regular members often do drop out for all sorts of reasons. Who other than Burt Blank has not been posting of late? He did have Covid back in September (which he posted about) but he was vaccinated and far as I know recovered from it. He last visited the forum about a month after that. He was travelling and cooking all through October. You can see when a member was last seen by hovering your cursor over their name or icon (avatar).

Next week it will be six months since my second Moderna shot. So I can set up an appointment for a booster shop. I may wait for the following week (logistics).

Interestingly, when I went to the supermarket early this morning, EVERYONE was masked. I know the staff have to wear masks at that chain, but I missed seeing a sign that all customers had to wear them. But everyone I saw there - was.

This may well be a function of early morning shoppers being more of a careful nature than later day shoppers? (I shop early morning as I LOATHE crowds to begin with.) I dunno. But at Tractor Supply only half of the customers were wearing masks. Then again, this is low volume customer shopping, so people may feel safer. Or maybe the Tractor Supply base clientele is more dubious about COVID than others. Don't know.

I can get my booster shot in April according to the government, because I am 34. They've thrown the priority for at risk groups out the window, it's now only age based. As I had my last vaxx on June 3d, that means I will be less protected for four months at least, if they aren't delaying again.
My husband who's not at risk, and for that reason was vaxxed later than me, will now get his shot in february because he's 52.

Logic. Not something my government has.

One interesting datum I learned this morning - it is projected that this weekend will be the busiest airline traffic weekend since, well, forever. Or at least since passenger air flights existed.

(In the US, for the Thanksgiving weekend.)

I am at DFW Airport right now. It's crowded, but not as crowded as I've seen many other times. It took me about ten minutes to get through the TSA checkpoint.

Of course, masks are required in airports and on planes, unless you are eating/drinking.

CD

Just got back from the big Kroger to pick up our preordered Thanksgiving meal, and I'd say masks were at about 10%. Most of the staff weren't wearing them, either.

I also made four other stops along the way at smaller shops, I was the only one in a mask at all four. I think folks have mostly thrown up their hands at this point.

Not to my knowledge. But maybe I wouldn't know. Regular members often do drop out for all sorts of reasons. Who other than Burt Blank has not been posting of late? He did have Covid back in September (which he posted about) but he was vaccinated and far as I know recovered from it. He last visited the forum about a month after that. He was travelling and cooking all through October. You can see when a member was last seen by hovering your cursor over their name or icon (avatar).

Burt Blank is the first that I have noticed as disappeared as of late. But there are a lot of kitchen gadget and appliance posts that are new and have not seen any input from GadgetGuy . In the USA however, the T-day holiday would account for some members disappearing for a while, but not so, outside the US.

I'm happy to hear that Burt Blank already had the bug and so, is in the survivor group.

I'm happy to hear that Burt Blank already had the bug and so, is in the survivor group.
Tbh,so am I most likely. We're just unable to know for sure.

That's because my husband and I got sick in february and march 2020, when testing here was not possible yet when you did not have all covid symptoms.
But we did both have a fever on and off for six weeks, and severe muscle cramps, headaches and in my case a more persistent cough that's now diagnosed as asthma because there were no antigen tests.

Why I am so sure about this? Because we got it at a birthday party where several people got it, and most importantly my best friends son who's only 19 got long covid after that party. He is still suffering badly, worse than me.

I still got vaxxed however, because there are no antigen tests here for those who got covid before the summer of 2020 and then I would count as unvaxxed because I can't prove immunity. Plus I am still afraid to be wrong, due to the nature of this virus.
But yeah, most likely I just have long covid causing the problem and not asthma. Especially because the lung doctor examining me said ' well this is a very odd result but we'll label it asthma, see if this inhaler works'.

Normal asthma inhalers don't work for me, I am on a steroid only one.
So thats why I think we had covid

Wife just filled out my " license" so I can go to pubs and concerts etc when new laws come in about 10 days time.
She does all the paperwork for me, although she can be fined 10k for filling out someone's else's health forms.
Our incompetent officials have no idea.

Russ

Back
Top Bottom