How is the corona virus affecting you?

Wife just filled out my " license" so I can go to pubs and concerts etc when new laws come in about 10 days time.
She does all the paperwork for me, although she can be fined 10k for filling out someone's else's health forms.
Our incompetent officials have no idea.

Russ

How would the officials know. It's not like you'd post it on the internet, or something dumb like that. :facepalm:

CD :D

A little bit of news concerns: A new variant out of Africa apparently the B.1.1.529 which would be named Nu if they consider it worthy have people worried. It contains 30 new mutations and until they can obtain live virus cultures to share among scientists and do the appropriate testing. Quite a few countries have restricted air travel from the infected countries....right now it's a bit of a fear thing going on and we won't be sure until they can study it more, probably a week to 10 days out.

My other concern is with the effects from the vaccines on the heart. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart especially in younger boys/men. Some countries have restricted boys from a second vaccine altogether, never mind a booster because that's where it's showing up the most basically and under 25 or maybe 20 and of course this isn't talked about by the CDC because it's in conflict with their blanket policy to double vaxx everyone from what is it, 5yrs old now, so you'll have to go to Europe if you want any correct scientific information on that. The other concern regarding the heart is this paper Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning This hasn't been pier reviewed so nothing to get excited about yet. If this does turn out to be correct, well that's another story. Stay safe and get the vaccinated.

A new variant out of Africa apparently the B.1.1.529 which would be named Nu if they consider it worthy have people worried.

New variant now named Omicrom. Its being widely reported on the UK news and has to date one case detected in Europe. It will spread further. Its very worrying indeed.

A little bit of news concerns: A new variant out of Africa apparently the B.1.1.529 which would be named Nu if they consider it worthy have people worried. It contains 30 new mutations and until they can obtain live virus cultures to share among scientists and do the appropriate testing. Quite a few countries have restricted air travel from the infected countries....right now it's a bit of a fear thing going on and we won't be sure until they can study it more, probably a week to 10 days out.

My other concern is with the effects from the vaccines on the heart. Myocarditis is inflammation of the heart muscle, and pericarditis is inflammation of the outer lining of the heart especially in younger boys/men. Some countries have restricted boys from a second vaccine altogether, never mind a booster because that's where it's showing up the most basically and under 25 or maybe 20 and of course this isn't talked about by the CDC because it's in conflict with their blanket policy to double vaxx everyone from what is it, 5yrs old now, so you'll have to go to Europe if you want any correct scientific information on that. The other concern regarding the heart is this paper Abstract 10712: Mrna COVID Vaccines Dramatically Increase Endothelial Inflammatory Markers and ACS Risk as Measured by the PULS Cardiac Test: a Warning This hasn't been pier reviewed so nothing to get excited about yet. If this does turn out to be correct, well that's another story. Stay safe and get the vaccinated.

The COVID virus has numerous side effects and many fear that the vaccines will also produce side effects that are similar and unwanted. These side effects can be troublesome in many ways, including damaging to the human body. Often the side effects are associated with damage to the nervous system, but can be due to other damages to the body. There are a lot of very intelligent people who are not getting vaccinated, because they have looked at the risks of their getting the virus and whether or not they should expose themselves to side effects that can be vaccine related.

New variant now named Omicrom. Its being widely reported on the UK news and has to date one case detected in Europe. It will spread further. Its very worrying indeed.
We'll see, it's been ungraded from a VOI (variant of interest) to a VOC (variant of concern). All variants regardless of their status spreads further, so that is not concerning. There's been many variants that were of concerned and watch closely only to fizzle out, this variant has double the spike mutations of the delta variant which is were the concern is. It could turn out to be more transmissible and get around the vaccines, hard to say. There's 10 cases with 1guy who went to Hong Kong so we'll see if it spreads through that travel.

My sister is reading up on the omicron variant now. Since she works on the front line as a hospital RN, she has to stay on top of this information.

CD

We'll see, it's been ungraded from a VOI (variant of interest) to a VOC (variant of concern). All variants regardless of their status spreads further, so that is not concerning. There's been many variants that were of concerned and watch closely only to fizzle out, this variant has double the spike mutations of the delta variant which is were the concern is. It could turn out to be more transmissible and get around the vaccines, hard to say. There's 10 cases with 1guy who went to Hong Kong so we'll see if it spreads through that travel.

One concern about omicron is its possible ability to reinfect people who have already had it. No word yet on how the current vaccines will perform against it.

CD

One concern about omicron is its possible ability to reinfect people who have already had it. No word yet on how the current vaccines will perform against it.

CD
Not sure I know what you mean. Breakthrough cases and reinfection is common among the double vaccinated now. Actually going forward new cases will mostly be people that are double vaxxed.

Maybe you mean the omicron variant will infect people that have recovered from the virus from being infected? Anything is possible but unless you know something that isn't in the latest literature I would say that is speculation at this point.

The COVID virus has numerous side effects and many fear that the vaccines will also produce side effects that are similar and unwanted. These side effects can be troublesome in many ways, including damaging to the human body. Often the side effects are associated with damage to the nervous system, but can be due to other damages to the body. There are a lot of very intelligent people who are not getting vaccinated, because they have looked at the risks of their getting the virus and whether or not they should expose themselves to side effects that can be vaccine related.
I assume agenda and propaganda when I hear this kind of language and these are from the agencies we should be able to trust, but seriously all medications have side effects so if you could be more specific that would be appreciated.

I assume agenda and propaganda when I hear this kind of language and these are from the agencies we should be able to trust, but seriously all medications have side effects so if you could be more specific that would be appreciated.

Loss of taste is one that most people have heard of. But the medical term for post covid infection 'long term' side effects is post-acute sequelae. Long term shortness of breath, fatigue, sleep disorders, anxiety, depression and loss of the ability to concentrate are some of the more common side effects. Loss of taste, joint pains, spots on the feet, skin rashes and others are more rare and unusual.

The truth is that medical science records numerous instances of the sequelae, but admit to being confused and unable to explain how the symptoms are directly caused by covid and how they continue to persist after the infection.

At the Institute of Molecular Biotechnology in Vienna where they're sequencing the new variant their biggest concerns are it spread capabilities which was very very fast in Joburg, and of course the 32 mutations in the spike protein. They feel it's about 500% more infectious than the delta and for example the Delta variant was considered 60% more infectious than the Alpha and immune escape or basically getting around the vaccines.

Basically what we have is a new variant that is much more infectious that spreads very quickly and is getting around the vaccines. The big, big question is, is it more deadly leading to more hospitalizations and death? If the answer is yes, then this will go around the world very very quickly and the result won't be very good, actually really bad folks. If it isn't worse than the Delta or somehow ends up being less deadly than the Delta that would be extremely good, no, it would be a best case scenario where the virus comes into contact with everyone around the world quickly, 500% more quickly without the consequences of the Delta, which is low to begin with below a1% fatality rate. This would end the pandemic as well.

Most Countries have taken action and have restricted air flights from South Africa and other countries where the mutation is detected. England jumped on that band wagon almost immediately, kudo's to them. If it ends up being more deadly than the Delta then this is exactly the proactive move that would be expected from any government and I know Canada as well has just issued flight restrictions as well. We'll need to keep the virus in South Africa and why the restrictions are important and timely, kind of a no brainer. Th exception to this hind sight or 20/20 vision is the WHO (World Health Organization) and the CDC (Center for Disease Control) in the USA where Dr. Fauci said it's too early to know to close borders, basically parroting the WHO who have come out and said it's too early to close borders. That's the peter principle in action right there.....did they not learn anything from the beginning of this pandemic, real honest to goodness idiots. this is just my opinion. Cheers! and stay safe.

There were many more deaths and infections from covid in the US in 2021 than in 2020. I don't know if that should imply worse is to come in 2022. Certainly, covid does not have the human race headed for another genetic bottleneck, - at least not yet. For sure, the virus has begun a new phase in human interrelations and activities. I haven't heard it described as a new era, like the end of the digital era and the go hide under your bed era.

I am impressed that not all people have yet to be infected. What the actual percentages are cannot be known as not all nations accurately report and even the US reporting is sometimes questionable. In July, 2021 it was reported that 21 to 22% of all Americans had been infected. That means that more still were infected, but still, not everybody. With 60 to 70% of all Americans alone not yet infected, any notion of herd immunity is fallacy. The infected percentage would need to be much higher for that. What the percentages do indicate is that there is a great deal of growth potential and continuing cycles/waves of covid infections, yet to come.

To become complacent now would be an error in judgement.

Back
Top Bottom