How many herbs and spices in your store cupboard?

@SatNavSaysStraightOn
20161015_153226.jpg
here you go.

Can't read all the labels though...
Sorry about that but it was taken on a tablet .
Let me read you the labels.
Top row Cayenne Red Pepper, green bell peppers, greek seasoning, minced garlic,celery seed, red bell peppers, celery flakes, meat tenderizer, granulated garlic powder, minced onion
bottom row ground mustard, cinnamon, ground nutmeg. garlic season all, whole oregano, poultry seasoning, saffron, onion and Herb seasoning blend mrs. Dash, dill weed, oregano, mural of flavor salt free.

Top row Cayenne Red Pepper, green bell peppers, greek seasoning, minced garlic,celery seed, red bell peppers, celery flakes, meat tenderizer, granulated garlic powder, minced onion
bottom row ground mustard, cinnamon, ground nutmeg. garlic season all, whole oregano, poultry seasoning, saffron, onion and Herb seasoning blend mrs. Dash, dill weed, oregano, mural of flavor salt free.
I'll get back to you tomorrow on this! A few things I don't understand (probably a US/UK thing). But I must get myself to bed now. I'm being decisive as I'm quite capable of staying up for hours but I have to take my daughter to work early tomorrow. :ohmy:

I didn't understand mrs Dash or mural of flavour free salt. Why would you want salt with no flavour? I was interested in green and red bell peppers. We don't get them dried here as far as I know. How would you use them? Also, I don't know what Greek seasoning is.

Also, there are quite a few spices you don't have which I use regularly and wouldn't be without - I'll have to check which ones I have but you don't. But for starters, coriander (seeds and ground), cumin (seeds and ground), nigella seeds (aka kalonji), fenugreek seeds, asafoetida...

That was just the front row I listed.

Now the Mrs Dash and Mural of Flavor are not salt. They are seasonings without salt.
Back in a bit with more information.

Ralph's Greek Seasoning is salt, onion, garlic, black pepper, oregano, MSG.
Cavender's Greek seasoning is salt, pepper, corn starch, garlic, monosodium glutamate, flavor based seasoning, parsley and five other spices.

Now on the dehydrated red and green bell peppers and the celery, I use them in recipes that call for those ingredients but a lot less dried than fresh.
I have never seen those at the big grocery stores only the affiliated foods stores. ( Small independent grocers.)
My two spice shelves are 3 rows deep.

Ralph's Greek Seasoning is salt, onion, garlic, black pepper, oregano, MSG.
Cavender's Greek seasoning is salt, pepper, corn starch, garlic, monosodium glutamate, flavor based seasoning, parsley and five other spices.

Now on the dehydrated red and green bell peppers and the celery, I use them in recipes that call for those ingredients but a lot less dried than fresh.
I have never seen those at the big grocery stores only the affiliated foods stores. ( Small independent grocers.)
My two spice shelves are 3 rows deep.
MSG....:eek:

Back
Top Bottom